KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Kenobi vs Talon/Nihl

ROTS Kenobi vs Talon/Nihl
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

ROTS Kenobi vs Talon/Nihl

Allout

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:37 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Either of them individually? He wins. Both at once? Duo.

Nihl has a history of lightning-ing people in the back.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:45 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

And Kenobi has a history of absorbing it with a saber.

What str feats do they have to suggest they can break his def?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:48 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Kenobi can take them both at the same time with extreme difficulty if he can utilize Jar'Kai.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
And Kenobi has a history of absorbing it with a saber.

Note me specifying 'in the back.' Kenobi could block it if just fired normally, but zap when his saber's busy.

quote:
What str feats do they have to suggest they can break his def?

They probably aren't going to simply overwhelm it, but they are both young, high in endurance, skilled, and strong in the force.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 04:06 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Note me specifying 'in the back.' Kenobi could block it if just fired normally, but zap when his saber's busy.

Kenobi has deflected blaster fire from multiple directions. He's also deflected fire from an army of droids. Nihl's and Talon's offense won't bother him too much.

quote:
An instant later the Force had him hurtling through a storm of blasterfire as every combat droid in the control center opened up on him at once. Letting go of intention, letting go of desire, letting go of life, Obi-Wan fixed his entire attention on a thread of the Force that pulled him toward Grievous: not where Grievous was, but where Grievous would be when Obi-Wan got there...

Leaping girder to girder, slashing cables on which to swing through swarms of ricocheting particle beams, blade flickering so fast it became a deflector shield that splattered blaster bolts in all directions, his presence alone became a weapon: as he spun and whirled through the control center's superstructure, the blasts of particle cannons from power droids destroyed equipment and shattered girders and unleashed a torrent of red-hot debris that crashed to the deck, crushing droids on all sides.

They can both attack from from odd angles, and he can take anything they've got. What feats in strength do they have to suggest they can break his defense?

quote:
They probably aren't going to simply overwhelm it, but they are both young, high in endurance, skilled, and strong in the force.

Anakin is appreciably stronger in the force, more skilled, young, and high in endurance and Kenobi held his own against him.

Last edited by carthage on Aug 23rd, 2014 at 05:30 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 05:25 AM
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Kenobi has deflected blaster fire from multiple directions. He's also deflected fire from an army of droids. Nihl's and Talon's offense won't bother him too much.

Blocking blasters bolts is easier than blocking lightning. Lightning comes in a stream.

And note that while he's deflected blaster fire from multiple directions, I don't think he's done so *while dueling a master*.

quote:

They can both attack from from odd angles, and he can take anything they've got. What feats in strength do they have to suggest they can break his defense?

Raw strength is not only way to break his defense. Heck, I don't recall him having much problem with raw strength.

quote:

Anakin is appreciably stronger in the force, more skilled, young, and high in endurance and Kenobi held his own against him. [/B]

And there's one of him, and Kenobi knew his style inside and out. Anakin also didn't use force attacks much.

Two foes give a lot more to worry about than one.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2014 02:50 PM