KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos VS Hunter Prey DOOMSDAY(SLUGFEST)

Thanos VS Hunter Prey DOOMSDAY(SLUGFEST)
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
what was stated is that darkseid uses avatars on occasions where his attention/focus must be divided between multiple locations:
http://i.imgur.com/IvUlfoY.jpg

that being said: it is very unlikely that an avatar fought doomsday during the h/p saga. why? because certainly a monster ravaging darkseid's friggin' homeworld would demand his undivided attention, and as such, *true* presence. imo. /shrug

And.....shouldn't he just be able to make another avatar if one was defeated that he could send after Doomsday?

Anyways, I'll just generally assume avatar if the comic actually states avatar. Otherwise it can become a continuity clusfterfcuk. Not like that doesn't happen anyways, but better not to contribute.

Last edited by Delta1938 on Aug 26th, 2014 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:13 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kamahamaha
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007
so he'd let said monster tool an avatar, and do absolutely nothing else to stop it? lol, your 'tactics' are funny.

aside from that, no evidence specifically retcons h/p darkseid into an avatar... so that's neither here nor there. smile

My tactics are merely a simplified version of the ideas in The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

This concept could apply, I should say I believe it was Darkseid who got tooled; however, let's go with the idea Darkseid is real world intelligent and doesn't just have a special comic brain as described by the Atom in JLA.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
¯ Sun Tzu, The Art of War

This concept could fit my argument

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

This concept could fit my argument rather well.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

This concept fits my argument.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

etc....

Now shush and don't get me started on how it fits with thick black theory.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:35 PM
Kamahamaha is currently offline Click here to Send Kamahamaha a Private Message Find more posts by Kamahamaha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Kamahamaha
My tactics are merely a simplified version of the ideas in The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

This concept could apply, I should say I believe it was Darkseid who got tooled; however, let's go with the idea Darkseid is real world intelligent and doesn't just have a special comic brain as described by the Atom in JLA.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

This concept could fit my argument

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

This concept could fit my argument rather well.

“All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.”

This concept fits my argument.

“Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

etc....

Now shush and don't get me started on how it fits with thick black theory.

So you think Darkseid would need a bunch of psychological warfare and long-term strategy against Doomsday's animalistic mind, which he was already familiar with?

confused

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:44 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kamahamaha
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry how was he familiar with Doomsday animalistic mind and power, it's well over a decade since I read it but I'm not sure about that.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 05:53 PM
Kamahamaha is currently offline Click here to Send Kamahamaha a Private Message Find more posts by Kamahamaha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Philosophía
Saying that he got killed by Drax isn't lowballing, anymore than Superman getting killed by kryptonite would.

Look - here's how it is. There's two Thanos fans that nobody on this board can reason with - quanchi and kurupt thanosi. Everything they post is sheer stupidity or blatant trolling. You're the angry Thanos fan - the one that posts stuff just to transfer his anger to the opposition [i.e. in the other thread, where you said Thanos clears the stacked list, starting with Darkseid]. If you let go of the anger, and want to talk resonably, I will respect your opinion and give you my honest one.

But as it is, pissing matches won't favor the Thanos side, for the simple fact that most are incompetent, and also outgunned. It's like the Hulk side, only carver is also kind of charismatic in his ignorance.

So consider this an open hand - want to talk civilized (not only in this thread)? I will. As long as you stop attacking people like a pitbull.

Question Clownshoes
Are you better able to protect yourself from an explosion when you're conscious and can use shielding... try and use matter or energy manipulation etc etc or when you're are unconscious and can do none of those things?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 06:46 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Surely a if you were Darkseid and monster was ravaging your homeworld; engaging it yourself initially, before you had been able to gauge its strengths and weaknesses would be the worst tactic you could employ.
He already assessed Doomsday's nature and was moronic enough to engage it. Doomsday utterly dominated Darkseid in humiliating fashion. Saying avatar without proof is a baseless claim.

smile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 07:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kamahamaha
Restricted

Account Restricted

I should say I believe it was Darkseid who got tooled;

Originally posted by quanchi112
He already assessed Doomsday's nature and was moronic enough to engage it. Doomsday utterly dominated Darkseid in humiliating fashion. Saying avatar without proof is a baseless claim.

smile

confused The words wit and **** although not in that order spring to mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 07:40 PM
Badabing
Karen

You're the angry Thanos fan
thumb up

So consider this an open hand - want to talk civilized (not only in this thread)? I will. As long as you stop attacking people like a pitbull.
What?
Originally posted by leonidas
(please log in to view the image)
Agreed.
Originally posted by Insane Titan
shut up you moron, you're a nobody that kisses peoples as like Bada.
Stop with your damn lies. LoB doesn't kiss me.

Anyway, this thread was reported. It would be best that everybody stop the trolling and bashing.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 07:49 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up

What? Agreed. Stop with your damn lies. LoB doesn't kiss me.

Anyway, this thread was reported. It would be best that everybody stop the trolling and bashing.
what else did he do to you?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:13 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Anyway, this thread was reported.

REVEAL THE NAME OF THE SNITCH NOW!!!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:14 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

He Badabang-ed him...

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:18 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Estacado
He Badabang-ed him...
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:24 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Take another look on Bada's face. He's upset because LoB doesn't kiss or cuddle after. It used to be showers of flowers and compliments, lots of foreplay and after bounding, now it's just "Wham Bam Thank Ya Ma'am, now go make me a sandwich."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:40 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Delta1938
Take another look on Bada's face. He's upset because LoB doesn't kiss or cuddle after. It used to be showers of flowers and compliments, lots of foreplay and after bounding, now it's just "Wham Bam Thank Ya Ma'am, now go make me a sandwich."
Bada said he liked it rough to me.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

confused The words wit and **** although not in that order spring to mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Either way there is no proof an avatar was used.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Estacado
He Badabang-ed him...

I'm the reason the women in your family have to get pelvic mesh!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:54 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Bada said he liked it rough to me.

Yes, but it doesn't mean he wants no intimacy. LoB is too busy yapping at everything to be affectionate anymore.

celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

thumb up

What? Agreed. Stop with your damn lies. LoB doesn't kiss me.

This thread is full of win.

Please don't close.

celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Delta1938

Don't use me as a shield for the love triangle between you, the lizard, and PR the Rumpot!

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 08:59 PM