KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » General Grevious Vs Adi Gallia(TCW) and Shaak Ti(TFU)

General Grevious Vs Adi Gallia(TCW) and Shaak Ti(TFU)
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
And considering this is prime Grievous and not TCW Grievous, he's faster, physically stronger, and she lacks any force feats to suggest she can break his exoskeleton.

Doesn't have to break it, she just has to help give Shaak openings.

quote:
Ti is a far better duelist, and while there isn't too much evidence she became more skilled aftet TCW she can't beat him alone. She can keep up with him, but she doesn't have any feats with TK or any offensive Sith like powers to suggest to me she can break his defense.

Good thing she's not on her own.

Neither has to be individually strong enough, just good enough that between the two of them they can get sabers hits.

Last edited by Q99 on Aug 26th, 2014 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Nephthys
Shaak Ti solo's.
thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2014 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by carthage
He's physically more powerful, faster, and can take more damage than any of their force attacks can throw at them. He's moved fast enough to form a tornado with his blades, moved fast enough to appear to teleport, overwhelm the force sensitives of Ki Adi Mundi, Shaak Ti, and other Jedi masters, strikes at 20 times per second, and broken durasteel with his bare hands.

Not arguing against him bro, but most of that is attributed to him being a cyborg, is that any less impressive? no, it still is.

Second. The jedi were exhausted from fighting off the droids, it's impressive that Ti and Mundi lasted the longest considering the other three - including Aayla, were dealt with quite quickly.

quote:
These two get destroyed, Gallia has ZERO force feats to suggest she can break his defense.

Um....this does suggest other wise..

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
That's nice? Assuming this is his most powerful incarnation, he's given trouble to Obi wan and fought far more powerful opponents. Gallia is fodder and TFU Shaak Ti can only hope to give him a fight for a while but she'll be overwhelmed.

At her peak Shaak Ti gave Starkiller hell, and his skill with the blade remained relatively the same throughout the Novel and Game even up to his fight with Vader. she alone would give him hell and Gallia has gone head to head with Grevious. these to take it with moderate difficulty stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:24 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What does "break his defense" even mean? Grievous isn't a force user, he has no literal way of defending himself from things like telekinesis.

He weighs, what? Around a few hundred pounds? There's absolutely nothing stopping either Adi, or Shaak Ti or both, from lifting his ass up into the air and tearing him a new one in a CIS-less environment.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What does "break his defense" even mean? Grievous isn't a force user, he has no literal way of defending himself from things like telekinesis.

He weighs, what? Around a few hundred pounds? There's absolutely nothing stopping either Adi, or Shaak Ti or both, from lifting his ass up into the air and tearing him a new one in a CIS-less environment.

He can dodge TK or use his talons to dig in and flat out tank it. Watch the original Clone Wars.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:55 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Like he did when Obi-Wan casually launched his ass 50 feet in the air in Revenge of the Sith? Or Mace casually crushing his chest in the cartoon?

And, if you're referring to his dodging of Ki-Adi-Mundi's attack, that seemed to be a projectile of some kind, rather than actually grabbing him with levitation.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 12:56 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

When has Grievous dodged TK other than in OCW?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:01 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Like he did when Obi-Wan casually launched his ass 50 feet in the air in Revenge of the Sith? Or Mace casually crushing his chest in the cartoon?

That's what you're missing. Not everyone can tag Grievous. Mace and Kenobi are among the top 5 Jedi in the Order. Shaak Ti can land a hit, but I am not convinced Adi can.

quote:

And, if you're referring to his dodging of Ki-Adi-Mundi's attack, that seemed to be a projectile of some kind, rather than actually grabbing him with levitation.

He dodged more than just Ki-Adi's.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Lord Stark
That's what you're missing. Not everyone can tag Grievous. Mace and Kenobi are among the top 5 Jedi in the Order. Shaak Ti can land a hit, but I am not convinced Adi can.
Obi-Wan is not known for his power in the force, and even if he was I'm curious to know what line of logic you're using to assume that power in the force correlates to the ability to tag someone with the force. Even younglings have the capacity to react to and deflect blaster bolts. Yet, Grievous is supposedly this inhuman blur that Jedi [who aren't Ahsoka or Fitso or any of other Jedi who've embarrassed him] are helpless against with their instantaneous super powers?

And, this disagrees with your assertion that Grievous is some sort of uber force dodger. That force push was highly telegraphed.

quote:
He dodged more than just Ki-Adi's.
Provide an example? There's numerous instances of him being tagged by force users with force attacks.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Aug 27th, 2014 at 01:10 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:06 AM
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just throwing this out there, but even Ahsoka has Force pushed him...

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:08 AM
Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Not arguing against him bro, but most of that is attributed to him being a cyborg, is that any less impressive? no, it still is.

Second. The jedi were exhausted from fighting off the droids, it's impressive that Ti and Mundi lasted the longest considering the other three - including Aayla, were dealt with quite quickly.

He's considerably faster than Gallia based on showings. He strikes at 20 times a second, and even Obi Wan who is a far greater swordsman than Gallia had troublle fending off his offense in ROTS. Ti is really the one carrying the burden for the fight, even if they were tired he still overwhelmed their senses simultaneously and demonstrated similar speed against Obi wan. There is nothing to show Gallia can handle his speed.

quote:
Um....this does suggest other wise..

Not seeing how a boulder can puncture his armor when it was made to tank cannon fire.

quote:
He is built to dominate. The ceramic armorplast plates protecting limbs and torso and face can stop a burst from a starfighter laser cannon.those indestructible arms are ten time stronger then a human,and move with blurring speed of electronic reflexes-ROTS Novelization

Ti's best TK feat are hurling droids, breaking duracreet in OCW, and hurling debris. Nothing indicates in her upper showings she can break his armor either.

quote:
At her peak Shaak Ti gave Starkiller hell, and his skill with the blade remained relatively the same throughout the Novel and Game even up to his fight with Vader. she alone would give him hell and Gallia has gone head to head with Grevious. these to take it with moderate difficulty

Yeah, but alone she'd just irritate him and he'd beat her much the same as he did before due to his superior speed, power, and durability.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:13 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Is this TCW Grievous or not?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:14 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Obi-Wan is not known for his power in the force, and even if he was I'm curious to know what line of logic you're using to assume that power in the force correlates to the ability to tag someone with the force. Even younglings have the capacity to react to and deflect blaster bolts. Yet, Grievous is supposedly this inhuman blur that Jedi [who aren't Ahsoka or Fitso or any of other Jedi who've embarrassed him] are helpless against with their instantaneous super powers?

Yeah, sorry but considering Kenobi was able to match Anakin's TK he's no slouch in that department. Unless you think Mustafar Anakin's skill was somehow reduced to AOTCs levels. And bad example considering Fisto himself is faster than AOTCs Kenobi can see, and Ashoka is a low end showing.

quote:

And, this disagrees with your assertion that Grievous is some sort of uber force dodger. That force push was highly telegraphed.

Provide an example? There's numerous instances of him being tagged by force users with force attacks.

There are also numerous instances of him dodging.

Casually dodging Ki-Adi's Force Push, 4:13
Deflecting Shaak Ti's TK'ed objects 4:32
Easily recovering from Dooku's TK 10:40

Dodges TK, 2:25
Dodges TK again, 2:28
Tanks TK strong enough to rip off Durasteel plates and bend them, 3:41

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 01:32 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

It's common sense that he can dodge TK or tank it, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to kill a bunch of jedi during the clone wars. If anyone could just lift him up and slam him like a normal droid, he would be garbage.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Eeth Koth has had him down and defeated with TK, (a Council member but not one of the elite few as far as I'm aware). Kit Fisto has also floored him.

If we ignored Legends and just took "Official Canon" Pre-SOD, then I would agree any Council member could own Grievous via TK. But after SOD I'm not too sure. He did seem like a legitimate challenge to Maul. Maul will obviously still beat him every time, but then Adi-Gallia is no Maul.

Still I see his chances of winning against 2 Council Members (provided they're not completely exhausted from previous battles) being pretty negligible.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 09:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote