KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Low Herald Contender Match: He-Man vs Godzilla!!!

Low Herald Contender Match: He-Man vs Godzilla!!!
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up we have 4 others, so it's POSSIBLE your vote won't be needed anyway. if it's tied, i guess we'll have to find another judge. it would be great to get all votes in this weekend if possible....

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 04:38 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

That's a shame, Galan, but thanks for letting us know. We'll probably try to find a 5th. If anyone's interested, and doesn't have any biases for/against these two (looking at you, Bada!), shoot us a PM.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2014 05:09 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote:

beatboks wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 12:39 AM:
My judgement

First to the discussion of the durability between the two characters. While I agree that the Nuclear blasts shown by Leo aren't a good example as they would also amp him they do show him tanking the blast force of said explosions. The durability does favor Godzilla.

Speed, all arguments of Flash and not aside it is clear that he-man has a very distinct Speed advantage in this. I don't fins any difficulty believing that he could extricate himself fro the area of one of Leo's AOE attacks. The examples given of Giodzilla taking out fighter jets IMO were poor choices as these fighters were heading straight for Godzilla right to the end and it really cam down to more of durability tanking their missiles until he blasted.

Strength While the feats of He-man pushing a moon were good I too got a laugh out of the little raider holding position while he did that. I was almost shocked that Digi hadn't pulled those pre crisis feats of He-man and Superman (and IIRC there was an issue prior where the two switched universes and it was made celar by supporting characters in both that they were equal to the hero they normally knew in their world). Having said that I don't see he-man taking this with Strength. While I believe there isn't much in the strength argument Godzilla's durability edge will circumvent a win in that manner.

Diversity Honestly this is where I saw the battle being taken. As I've stated I can see He-man dodging the AOE attacks of Godzilla and not finishing him with his strength alone. The arguments presented by Leo that the smoke and debri would hinder He-man I found more detrimental to his cause than Digi's. he-man after all has a massive opponent to fight and I can't see smoke completely clouding view of something essentially larger than the empire state building. It would however hinder Godzilla from seeing he-man. The vast variety of the attacks that He-man has courtesy of the Sword of Grayskull and the fact Leo himself acceded to his piercing durability when mentioned by Digi is the sole determining factor in the battle.

Digi has my vote by the smallest of margins. Well debated both

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:45 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote:

God Cloth Seiya wrote on Sep 7th, 2014 06:23 PM:

Alrighty then, this was honestly an enjoyable match, but there can only be one winner so let's get to it.

On what I have read here are the advantages that I would give. (Please note I am going by consistent feats)

strength: Godzilla
speed: He-man
durability/healing: Godzilla
tactics: split
Mobility/agility- He-man
BF: none

Leo did an excellent job on portraying Godzilla. He highlighted that even though Godzilla does have low feats, he has MORE high end feats when it came advantage wise.
Digi also did a great job on portraying his character. He showed He-mans advantages via speed, mobility/agility, and versatility wise.

Tactical wise I wasn't too impressed with either one of them (no offence). The characters as shown by contenders could easily take down each others tactics so this to me became a battle with no tactical advantage.

Leo's case:

Although Godzilla does hold the physical advantage and indeed does have an amazing and powerful atomic breath, tagging he-man was going to be a problem. Yes it indeed does take he-man to build up speed however, it also takes Godzilla time for him to charge his atomic breath. Not only that but there is the fact that he-man can jump far distances at high speeds and thus avoiding the breath.

Digis case:
Although he-man holds the speed/mobility advantage, putting Godzilla down is going to be his main problem. Although he-man can probably land a lot more blows and avoid getting hit Godzilla has extremely good durability and regeneration.

IMHO it came down to He-mans stamina vs Godzillas durability. If He-man began to slow down Godzilla would be able to tag him. If Godzillas defenses began to weaken first and his generation couldn't keep up He-man would eventually put him down, seeing how Godzillas regeneration is not instant.

In the end I gave it Godzilla and I had to give the victory to leo.

Great match guys, that was very entertaining.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:46 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote:

MF DELPH wrote on Sep 7th, 2014 03:40 PM:
Ok, here's my vote.

First off, I haven't watched or read this much Godzilla and He-Man clips or comics in a long time so by being forced to laugh through all of that alone makes me wish I could just vote a universal win for both Leo and Digi.

However, I can't.

So I'm left to actually have to come to a decision on Godzilla Vs. He-Man

laughing

Ok...

Anyway, looking at all of the evidence that has been demonstrated in the thread, I think Leo firmly established the destructive power and magnitude of Godzilla to very good effect. However, Digi provided solid evidence that He-Man had defenses against this (I'd completely forgotten about the magical forcefield from the harness) and that He-Man's speed is truly superhuman (the video with him turning the barrier at Quicksilver-esque speed was ridiculous, and I also liked Man-At-Arms's anti-prejudice PSA afterwards. Man, I miss the 80s). Godzilla can blast he hell out of everything and He-Man would likely still be standing. So then the question for me became can He-Man do significant enough damage to Godzilla in order to score a win. I honestly don't think so. Tossing buildings at Godzilla might batter him, and even damage him, but I don't think it'd k.o. him if it weren't sustained barrage, and the Sword of Power, while a condensed embodiment of awesome, is basically like attacking an elephant with a magic thumbtack given Godzilla's scale. It's really hard to call, but I think the scan that Digi posted of He-Man lifting and shattering the giant stone statue foot with a punch makes me lean to the position that given his speed and diminutive size (compared to Godzilla) he'd be able to, with all the havoc taking place obstructing eachother's view, get in close an cripple Godzilla, and maybe score a 10 count while Godzilla is down but not out, but Godzilla would eventually get back up and nuke everything again.

I want to say draw, really, but I'm actually kinda leaning to He-Man. Not a firm lean, but enough to say if forced to answer either way I'd be more inclined to say He-man. The speed and shield combined with the strength makes this match more favorable to He-Man, and this is the kind of job he'd be called in to handle. I just have a hard time saying it in a definitive manner.

But slightly, grudgingly, He-Man gets the vote.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:47 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote:

krisblaze wrote on Sep 1st, 2014 04:56 AM:
Leonidas (Gojira) vs Digi (He-Man)

Or maybe Gojira (Leo) vs He-Man (Digi)...

Anyways, what a fight. Unlike a lot of other battle-zone fights I've read, this is one that I feel comes down to tactics. Being composite versions both characters seem to be prone to extreme highs and lows, even more so than with comic-only characters. Regardless of who wins, there certainly won't be a whole lot of left of 'generic city setting'. Since there are so many things to consider, and us judges more or less have to decide for ourselves just how powerful these characters are/how effective their respective strategies would be, I'll divide my post into separate parts dealing with each side of their arguments and how I think it benefits them/detracts from the effectiveness of their overall strategy.

Regardless of who wins, thanks for an amazing fight!

Size:

This is both Godzilla's strength and his weakness. It's safe to say that he probably wouldn't be -as- durable or powerful if he was only a 5 foot lizard, yet he would probably have a lot more luck landing direct hits against He-Man if he wasn't such a big bastard. All in all Godzilla both suffers and benefits from his enormous size. It's easy for He-Man to maneuverer around him and he has more or less no mobility.

On the other hand his size adds to the breadth and effectiveness of his aoe-attacks, which means that whatever skyscrapers He-Man is hoping to use for cover are likely to be obliterated. Another plus is that the size of his body means that it will be harder for he-man to reach vital areas. He would literally need to hack through meters of meat to get to anything worthwhile, a challenging task when the meat is also regrowing.

He-Man on the other hand is more lucky when it comes to size. He's virtually diminutive when compared to Godzilla, but he benefits from it. His strength and durability like Thor and Superman is not derived from his physical proportions, but some other nonsense. He will be very difficult for Godzilla to spot and directly attack. He-Man will always know where Godzilla is, but Godzilla has no way of keeping track of He-Man.

On the flip-side He-Man struggles with things like reach and distance. He relies on either moving on top of buildings or making himself visible by jumping. Further his size puts a limit on how much he can chop away with one swing, and the fact that if Godzilla were to land an attack, it would probably send him pretty far unless he actually braces for it.

Advantage He-Man.

Strength

All in all there's not too much to be said here. I believe He-Man could move Godzilla but not with Godzilla fighting back. Digi certainly established that He-Man can punch hard enough to affect Godzilla, and by extension of that enough strength to cut him, but not enough to actually dominate/move him like he did with the snakes or....moon.....

Godzilla's strong, obviously, as one would expect a monster of his size to be. Leo backed this up with a few feats that show Godzilla going beyond what one would expect of him, but this was an area I believe he correctly chose not to emphasize, as proving Godzilla's superiority in the strength department is not important, but proving that he is strong, certainly was.

No Advantage

Durability

Godzilla, yo. The amount of punishment Godzilla can withstand is amazing. Across all the videos and scans there are so many bombs and blasts that it's difficult not to concede an immediate and massive advantage to Godzilla. While Digi established that He-man could most certainly harm Godzilla, Leo more than proved that Godzilla can take it and recover from it. His size and many, many cases of tanking tank-shells and missiles as well as energy blasts win out. This compliments Leo's strategy very well.

Digi did not seem to value this particular area and while he had some impressive showings, his overall strategy seemed to rely on He-Man not being hit all that much, as opposed to him tanking the attacks. The sword's absorption capabilities were not showcased to the extent where I feel he proved that it could effectively stop Godzilla's lazer-breath. His vest, however, seems like it would provide a worthwhile amount of protection against AOE.

I don't believe that throwing pieces of buildings or buildings themselves would actually do much to harm Godzilla. The only 'weakness' he seems to have is cutting damage, which I believe should be Digi's main recourse. Whether He-Man can actually make it into Godzilla's core, however, is one of the things I'm not sure of. Godzilla heals quickly and He-Man can only cut through so much in each swing.

Big advantage Godzilla.

Speed, aka would Godzilla hit He-Man?

The short answer, yes.

The slightly longer answer, not well enough.

Godzilla is big and slow, though it's difficulty to actually assert whether he's moving slowly out of choice or necessity. It is not the speed of the lizard that matters (as Bada often points out), but the breadth and speed of his blue and radioactive ejacu....laser beam. Unfortunately Godzilla has no way of keeping track of He-Man. They're in an entire city and while Godzilla's sweeping breath attack is quick it's not quick enough. He-man is not just fast, but he's agile and acrobatic as all hell. I don't believe that there's a chance that Godzilla would be able to hit He-Man with anything other the 'all around him' attack.

Digi gave us enough to believe that he would survive one AoE attack, but if he plays it right he wouldn't be hit by anything other than a glancing strike from Godzilla's tail or the very edge of the AoE-ball.

Big Advantage He-Man

Strategy

Time to sum this up I suppose.
Leo
Leo's feats and posts have complimented his strategy, where Godzilla tanks hits and devastates the battlefield with AoE-attacks and nuclear breaths. He gave us reason to believe that even if He-Man could hurt him, Godzilla can recover. A very effective strategy because there is only so much city to go around. Leo won't get him sooner, but he will certainly land an attack later.

Digi
Digi's running an strategy that's the both the opposite and the same. He's playing a similar game with a different set of tools. He-Man's also running a war of attrition, but he's going back and forth. Attacking and retreating before Godzilla can land any worthwhile hits. He relies on He-Man being fast enough to get around the lizard and strong enough to hurt him.

It's a tough call, but my vote goes to Digi.

Final reasoning;

I believe that Leo actually proved that Godzilla is more powerful than He-Man, but Digi proved that this is a match-up where He-Man's speed wins the day. We weren't given enough reason to believe that Godzilla's healing factor is endless, nor do I believe that Godzilla could provide an endless upkeep of his aoe-ability. I see no reason, however, why He-Man would ever stop doing what he's doing. Together with enough tricks to disorient Godzilla, the lizard would not see He-Man coming in time to take him down.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:49 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So there you have it with a tally of 3 -1 the winner is

Digi!!!!!

Congrats to both contestants.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:50 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'm actually surprised. I expected to lose. Leo did a great job with Godzilla, and I didn't realize just how beastly GZ was until we were about two posts each into the match. So I thought I did a good job repping He-Man, but it was a much tougher matchup than anticipated.

But thanks to the judges, Newjak, and Leo for being a good opponent, as ever. We picked these characters because they're both awesome and ridiculous, and we were excited to rep them, so hopefully it was entertaining for all.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 04:08 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Digi, you should have used this video for support!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 07:49 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I may have to overrule this travesty of justice.

Congratulations Digi.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 07:52 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Digi, you should have used this video for support!

Sure, probably; it's a good feat. But you do have to be careful of posting such things before rulings are in. I had to request your last post be deleted.

Originally posted by Badabing
I may have to overrule this travesty of justice.
Congratulations Digi.

happy

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 08:15 PM
Supermutant

Great battle, I didn't know that godzilla was such a beast. And seeing he-man made me smile about the 80s animation.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 09:56 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Great match guys.

Congratulations to both of you.

Digi won, but Leo lost more to an unfortunate matchup than to a superior foe (), so it's something of a win for both I suppose smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 02:40 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by krisblaze
Great match guys.

Congratulations to both of you.

Digi won, but Leo lost more to an unfortunate matchup than to a superior foe (), so it's something of a win for both I suppose smile

I wouldn't even say that. Leo had my vote right up until about post 4. Like I said I didn't buy He-man taking it in strength and he certainly lacked the durability. If leo hadn't so summarily dismissed the various sword of Grayskull attacks without really addressing them, he probably would have kept it (my vote that is).

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 01:39 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Digi
Sure, probably; it's a good feat.

It's also a highly-relevant feat. It demonstrates how the Power of Grayskull adapts to defeat the Godzilla-like god of the Snakemen, Serpos.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 03:31 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It's also a highly-relevant feat. It demonstrates how the Power of Grayskull adapts to defeat the Godzilla-like god of the Snakemen, Serpos.

Yup. thumb up

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 08:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oops wrong thread.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 09:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote