KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battleboards Personal Criticism Thread

Battleboards Personal Criticism Thread
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

Battleboards Personal Criticism Thread

This is the place to sort out your personal disputes. Let's try not to let this spill over into other threads.
Try to be real with each other, and most of all, yourself.
Let the meltdowns begin

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:25 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Lol .

Bet this ends well.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:27 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Worth a shot. Honestly the squabbles are on all the threads at this point. I think page after page of disputes are worse than keeping it centralized here

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:30 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
Worth a shot. Honestly the squabbles are on all the threads at this point. I think page after page of disputes are worse than keeping it centralized here
shall we start arguing??

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:31 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I get the intent, applaud it even, but this isn't the way to do this. People will sit around and mock, either in this thread or others. And anything that is civil here will be civil elsewhere, or uncivil elsewhere won't be any better here. Creating this thread is a permission slip to bash for some, much as we'd like it otherwise.

Others may disagree, but I've been a mod for nearly a decade, and we see disputes and deal with them more than anyone. It doesn't mean I'm right, but I'm speaking from experience.

The only proper way to handle personal disputes is via PM.

So, regretfully, I'm requesting this be closed.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:33 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I don't have much beef with you or anybody. However, some people could use this thread
If you have a critique then I'm happy to hear about your butthurt

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:33 PM
Mindset

Raisen, I think you're a terrible poster, and an even worse human being.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Digi
I get the intent, applaud it even, but this isn't the way to do this. People will sit around and mock, either in this thread or others. And anything that is civil here will be civil elsewhere, or uncivil elsewhere won't be any better here. Creating this thread is a permission slip to bash for some, much as we'd like it otherwise.

The only proper way to handle personal disputes is via PM.

So, regretfully, I'm requesting this be closed.

Well, this lasted ....much shorter than I expected.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:35 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by Mindset
Raisen, I think you're a terrible poster, and an even worse human being.

I don't know you but I think your posts are funny. I think I'm actually nicer on the internet than in real life, so you probably right. I probably am a terrible person

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:36 PM
Mindset

I don't know you but I think your posts are funny. I think I'm actually nicer on the internet than in real life, so you probably right. I probably am a terrible person
thumb up

This thread is already working.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:37 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

thumb up

This thread is already working.

Try to convince digi

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:39 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Towards everyone on this board

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:42 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Digi's opinion won't matter when I send him to the shadow realm.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:42 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

So.....you're a keyboard ambassador?

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:44 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Digi's opinion won't matter when I send him to the shadow realm.

I honestly think this thread can work

We have a non existant mod supreme so it seems that the hate is spread all over the boards.
If people don't keep the hate here, then they get warned and then banned. It makes sense

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:46 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by Delta1938
So.....you're a keyboard ambassador?

I just don't rage on here any more. I have before but I don't see the point But if thats your qualm with me then so be it.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:50 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I just don't rage on here any more. I have before but I don't see the point But if thats your qualm with me then so be it.

nah I don't have a problem with you. I was pointing-out you saying you're probably nicer on the Internet than in person, would make you a "keyboard ambassador."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2014 11:57 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Delta1938
nah I don't have a problem with you. I was pointing-out you saying you're probably nicer on the Internet than in person, would make you a "keyboard ambassador."

Flipping out on the internet is too easy to do. It shows little restraint. Its much harder in real life when you actually have something invested

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:03 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I honestly think this thread can work

We have a non existant mod supreme so it seems that the hate is spread all over the boards.
If people don't keep the hate here, then they get warned and then banned.

But they won't. The hatred is, almost always, irrational and somewhat blinding. Do you think they'll interrupt their baiting, insulting, or yelling about some vs. match to step into this thread and calmly hash things out? And why would they rather do that instead of PM? Here, it's in the public view for everyone else to scrutinize and mock.

Beyond that, all this thread will be is 98% people messing around, like we've seen so far. The other 2% will be legit hatred/insults that don't adhere to your rules. If they're going to ignore KMC's rules anyway, why adhere to yours?

Again, I don't mean to be harsh. I appreciate the sentiment here. I just think this is, at best, a waste of time, and at worst something that will make these things worse. It's a legitimately terrible idea with a legitimately good intent.

Also: This may actually surprise you, but, Enzeru's rant aside, attacks, insults, socks, bans, rants and outbursts, etc. are at an all-time low on KMC the last few years. Your perceived pervasive hatred is, comparatively, its most peaceful era ever. We used to deal with some similar outburst, either in public or private, every few months. And that was just the comic boards. Not to mention the dozens of socks who trolled constantly, of which there are now only maybe 1-2.

Last edited by Digi on Aug 28th, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:05 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Digi
But they won't. The hatred is, almost always, irrational and somewhat blinding. Do you think they'll interrupt their baiting, insulting, or yelling about some vs. match to step into this thread and calmly hash things out? And why would they rather do that instead of PM? Here, it's in the public view for everyone else to scrutinize and mock.

Beyond that, all this thread will be is 98% people messing around, like we've seen so far. The other 2% will be legit hatred/insults that don't adhere to your rules. If they're going to ignore KMC's rules anyway, why adhere to yours?

Again, I don't mean to be harsh. I appreciate the sentiment here. I just think this is, at best, a waste of time, and at worst something that will make these things worse. It's a legitimately terrible idea with a legitimately good intent.

Also: This may actually surprise you, but, Enzeru's rant aside, attacks, insults, socks, bans, rants and outbursts, etc. are at an all-time low on KMC the last few years. Your perceived pervasive hatred is, comparatively, its most peaceful era ever.

I understand. I'm honestly sick of good threads becoming page after page of two posters insulting each other. Its funny for a while but enough is enough. Have you seen the movie forums? You get ten pages straight of two posters insulting each other.
I don't really look at other forums. I read the news comments and I read kmc.
I usually do this from work. I work night shift and this bockering makes me actually want to get up and dp actual work. I'll be damned if I actually have to work for a living

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 12:13 AM