KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Hajime no Ippo

Hajime no Ippo
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

So guys is this manga worth reading through over 1k chapters? Since HSDK is ending I figure now's a good of a time as any to get into a new manga series.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 10:43 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It's pretty good, but the excessive length is really exhausting. Much like a ten inch penis it is best taken in short bursts so it doesn't pound your mental cervix.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 10:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:04 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So guys is this manga worth reading through over 1k chapters? Since HSDK is ending I figure now's a good of a time as any to get into a new manga series.

I'll put it this way: I would not really mind rereading it lol.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:10 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I'll put it this way: I would not really mind rereading it lol.
thumb up Yeah this.

Idk how many times I've read the fights just to go watch them again in the anime and repeatedly at that. Shit from Sawamura vs Ippo or Mashiba, to Takamura vs Hawk, and even Anderson vs Kamogawa. It just doesn't get old in my opinion, love this series and would definitely recommend it big grin

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:15 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The astounding thing is that this story could go on for a very long time. 1071 chapters in and there is still so much to be done with a ton of the characters.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 11:18 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

So I just started Hajime no Ippo, and while I was thrown off by the lack of superpowers, I steadily going through it.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 04:05 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Oh they do indeed have super powers

Machiba has legit Dhalsim arms, Shigeta can teleport and Ippo has genjutsu

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 12:40 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

And some of them can let off reiatsu like "pressure"

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 01:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Yamcha

Is that a new game coming? Want.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 07:55 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

One thing that started annoying me about the series is Takumara's transformation from stoic badass to obnoxious A-hole.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 04:00 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well this chapter officially wrapped up the Gonzales match(since we see Ippo's record) and the manga is off to bigger and better things. One thing I wanna point out though.

(please log in to view the image)

God I love this moment. No dialogue, just expressing Takamura's thoughts on this page with the art and atmosphere. This manga is so good. I wish it wasn't so damn long that it would keep people from reading it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 06:27 PM
vansonbee
Isee

I like the scene in page 12, Takamura looks troubled by both Ippo lost and how devastated look of the coach, during Ippo's match. I hope the series is continuing and not ending abruptly like HSDK.

Regarding rankings for Ippo. So whats going to happen to his ranking and the other Japanese boxers? Does he get bump down from "world rankings?".

Old Post Sep 27th, 2014 04:24 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Looks like Ippo's going to have to develop a new technique.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 02:46 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I like this direction. It seems to suggest that Ippo is relying too much on the coach and that he needs to put a little bit more of himself into his own technique. After all he was the one who discovered the Dempsey Roll, not the coach.

Itagaki's character is also getting more attention and you can read very subtlety that he continues to resent Ippo.

I hope this scene will get a callback soon. But right now the focus seems more on Takamura, which is good. We have not focused on his character arc in quite a while and it is high time we get to his next belt fight.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 01:22 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So Ippo has made a declaration to stop fighting if he loses once more. Interesting but I dunno.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:44 AM
wakkawakkawakka

I got through the first 50 chapters and then started to read Baki. no expression

I'll get back to it after I finish that.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:10 AM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

I've gotta become a necromancer for the sake of an ever growing interest in Hajime no Ippo. Bump.

Last edited by Yamcha on Jun 29th, 2017 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 06:49 PM
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

RESURRECTION!!!

(Sorry missed my necro-editing window but I had to do this, just this once.)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 07:12 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Yamcha
I've gotta become a necromancer for the sake of an ever growing interest in Hajime no Ippo. Bump.
Loved the anime till about woli. This has its moments but we are taking way too long. Has sendo, mashiba, or miyata done anything in the last 2 years ?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jun 29th, 2017 07:56 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote