KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » dread Masters vs. The Dark Council.

dread Masters vs. The Dark Council.
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

dread Masters vs. The Dark Council.

At their peaks, who wins? Emperor Malgus is apart of the Dark Council as well.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:34 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

I'm siding with the Dread Masters despite possibly getting solo'ed from Syo Bakarn. Malgus is kind of a weird inclusion here but still the Masters.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:35 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Dread Masters are stronger individuals. They've supreme combat feats. I think Nox, Marr, Jadus, Malgus would give them a good fight along with other members though.

Dread Masters are a very organized team that multiplies their powers by co-fighting where DC consists of random individuals. They have combat rituals which Im not sure if the DC can survive. Their mind games would cause a lot of trouble too.

The Dread Masters take this.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Lesse, the peak would have Nox, Jadus, Marr, Baras...

Plus just in total numbers, it's 13 (including Malgus) vs 6.

So I'd go the council. Even with some weaker members, they should be fine.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In a straight fight I'd go with the Council. But I dunno what would happen if they unleashed their fear powers. Nox, Malgus and a few others might resist but the rest?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Every in game feat from a solo Dreadmaster was using the other masters power.

They seem to use a dark variant of battle meld which allows them to draw on one another as much as possible, they are a single entity not a team of individuals.

Thus should the Dark Council take them on they won't be faced with what the strike team had to do on Oricon. It'd be easier.

We've seen that powerful Sith (and by powerful I mean a lord, lol) can shield each other from mind games, and we've seen that the entirety of the Dread Masters couldn't drive strong minded individuals.

Any lackies that would be turned can be protected by Nox.

Really I think the council would dominate this, though with mild effort,

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
In a straight fight I'd go with the Council. But I dunno what would happen if they unleashed their fear powers. Nox, Malgus and a few others might resist but the rest?

Considering how they were captured by a Jedi supported by elite commandos, I think a strong force user can shield the rest.

So Nox, Malgus, Jadus, etc. should prevent the rest from being affected, even if individually they'd be overwhelmed.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2014 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Malgus, Marr, Jadus, Nox alone would put up a good fight, throw in Ravage, Mortis, ect. who are all likely to be formidable and the Dread Masters die.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 01:09 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Vowrawn or Ravage solos.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 01:25 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Dang, I thought the Dread Masters were above Dark council.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 01:43 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by The Merchant

Why? They are stated to be second only to the Emperor multiple times. If they were stronger I'd imagine they'd stroll into the Council chambers and wtf pwn them.

The North Remembers

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

They are, both as individuals and as a group.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

The Dread Masters have the hype on being able to master things that the DC didn't, such as the Phobis device and using it to own entire fleets.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 02:15 AM
Q99

The Dread Masters have the hype on being able to master things that the DC didn't, such as the Phobis device and using it to own entire fleets.

Sure, but they're outnumbered 2:1, and facing some very powerful individuals, who have some unique talents of their own.

I would say individually they're above most Dark Council members, but some DC members are DM level, and even the ones who are weaker are often still dangerous enough in a fight to matter a lot.

Last edited by Q99 on Aug 29th, 2014 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 02:24 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Dread Masters have shown the ability to Fold Space and multiply themselves through solid illusions and a crap ton more. I don't see how DC can match the kind of sorcery that the DMs employ, even Nox.

They are all complete master sorcerers and sorceresses, second only to the Emperor himself, with centuries of knowledge and practice.

It seems to be implied that they exist within the Emperor's personal sphere of power and don't concede to the Dark Council's chain of command.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 03:02 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

They were taken out by one Jedi and a bunch of special forces soldiers, though. They aren't comparable to the Emperor.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 03:06 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The Emperor was also taken out by one Jedi.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Malgus solos.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 03:08 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The Emperor was also taken out by one Jedi.

But they don't compare in the slightest. One's the Order's best from 18, with a weakened Emperor. The other's a random Jedi Knight who goes in with a bunch of troops and leaves with all Dread Masters.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 03:10 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Massive amounts of assumption could be made on how he managed to take them down, I seriously don't believe it was by conventional means whatsoever.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 03:13 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote