KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Zoom vs Superman

Zoom vs Superman
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze
He was fighting in-character against the amped Wally, when Superman was a statue in the air.

Do you think he would be trying to improve Superman here, is that your argument? That Superman would win because Zoom's not trying to win?

All day? Haha, only in your head.

For eternity? No chance.

That's the only showing which makes an argument about him. He has really no other showing at that level and that's why that is not a normal/average showing for him. Villains make a great entrance usually. Just look at most of Johns' villains.

Zoom wouldn't be able to beat Superman, because he has zero feats of beating someone so durable and strong. He can't even beat WW FFS.

Should I post feats of Superman's durability against Zoom level punches? Even under Johns Rogues survived his bloodlusted punches.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

As well as Damage.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33xk1za.jpg

But let me guess, they are all PIS, right?

Zoom has never done that to anybody, so that's moot anyway.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 11:18 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by abhilegend
That's the only showing which makes an argument about him. He has really no other showing at that level and that's why that is not a normal/average showing for him. Villains make a great entrance usually. Just look at most of Johns' villains.

Zoom wouldn't be able to beat Superman, because he has zero feats of beating someone so durable and strong. He can't even beat WW FFS.

Should I post feats of Superman's durability against Zoom level punches? Even under Johns Rogues survived his bloodlusted punches.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

As well as Damage.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33xk1za.jpg

But let me guess, they are all PIS, right?

Zoom has never done that to anybody, so that's moot anyway.

Be careful Abhi.
This occurs in comics all the time. You have the scaling factor (characters scale to who they are fighting). Trans beings and higher have hit metabeings (especially in groups) and not killed them. Usually popular characters (even villains and objects) are protected by plot.

Plus it seems that Zoom was talking to them. If he wanted to kill them then why talk?

Remember Zoom can slow time down to any degree he wants. He has never shown a limit. He went slower than other times because of choice, not because he couldn't go faster. If he's fighting Superman, then surely he would be faster than Superman can move.
Remember this fight is will Full Capacity. That has to mean something.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 12:36 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by abhilegend
The fact is, five beings have tagged/beaten/looked close to Zoom and they are all either peers or lower than Superman. Bizarro, Kal-L, Jessie Quick, Wonder Woman and Jay Garrick.

And for everything Zoom making Superman look like a statue, here is Zoom almost losing to Bizarro in a race.

Cool I'll remember this argument when it comes to Superman vs Thor/Hulk threads. No double standards now Abhi stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 12:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lol.

Let me step up (2 the streets!).

I posted the first scan. It shows Batman surviving Zoom's punches. Are Zoom's punches Bane-level, now?

Abhi, ABC logic does not work. Star, you too. You asked:

Originally posted by Star428
How about you Zoom supporters put your money where your mouth is and post scans of Zoom actually defeating a Superman-level character? Instead of scans that just show him throwing a bunch of sissy punches at Superman that have no real effect on him and then tucking tail and running away like a scared little wuss. Until you do that, you're all hot air with your Zoom beats Superman and/or "speed trumps all" BS.

We have, in a canon comic, only ONE incident of Zoom attacking Superman. Not Superman-level, or an analgoue of mainstream Supes, or Bizarro, or WW, or Jesse - the real deal. The main man.

Superman himself.

These facts are inarguable. They have met once. Zoom hit Superman. No debate there.

The attached image is the result.

Stop trying to cloud the issue and dodge the point with Bizarro, or Kal-L etc. Their feats/showings are completely irrelevant here.

What IS relevant, is that in the one time they met, Zoom was punching Superman. AND he was affected (check his face out).

So yeah, Zoom wins. The only proof, ONLY proof, that matters, that can negate this, is another showing SUPERMAN tagging Zoom, and/or no-selling his attacks. We all know what Superman no-selling punches looks like, and it sure as hell does not look like this:

Attachment: picture1.jpg
This has been downloaded 121 time(s).

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 01:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL@how you keep posting the same scan of Zoom throwing all those ineffectual punches against Clark like that actually proves anything.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 02:07 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Look at his face no expression

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 02:07 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Star428
LOL@how you keep posting the same scan of Zoom throwing all those ineffectual punches against Clark like that actually proves anything.

A: It's not ineffectual.
B: Have you got anything, ANYTHING, showing SUPERMAN vs ZOOM, that showcases him not being affected by it? Read my post again, try not to get too distracted by the bright colours in the pretty pictures. Not Kal-L, Bizarro, or whatever, but SUPERMAN.

This is Superman tanking punches like a champ:
(please log in to view the image)

The scan I showed, was not.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 02:20 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Tomorrow, I am going to make a thread. Character A vs Character B.

Poster A: shows how A has met B before, and when they did, A rocked B with his punches.

Poster B: Nah-uh, you see, A was unable to kill these cannon fodder weaklings who are FAR beneath B, therefore, despite their canon meetings, B wins!

Also, B can do this, and that, and this, and despite it never being shown, Character A was actually AFRAID of B when they met, so A punched B a few times (ineffectually, despite the art showing otherwise) and then RAN AWAY LIKE A *****!!!

An additional point is, Character B has beaten Character C, who has beaten Character A. Therefore, Character B will stomp Character A into paste.

My thread will be called H/P Doomsday vs Darkseid. You see, a weaker Doomsday was unable to kill Booster Gold, and Bloodwynd, who are all far below Darkseid when he punched them. Also, when they met, Doomsday punched Darkseid a few times, then ran away in fear. Darkseid you see has all these cool powers, and will surely win!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 02:32 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Clark takes this as per stips.

He drops a planet on Hunter after ripping him in half.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 03:00 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i don't see the difficulty here. as the panel DS has posted blatantly shows us: superman cannot simply 'tank' a zoom-blitz... zoom's punches undeniably have *some* sort of negative effect on him:
look and superman's facial expression and body posture. not only does he appear defenseless, but those punches are hurting him to some degree... and keep in mind: zoom was just trolling the league there. he was absolutely not fighting to the best of his ability(the blitz was only a panel long, ffs.)

now compare superman's expressions in the above scene to when he *actually* no-sells a punch:

night and day difference. smile

anyway, the fact of the matter is that superman is never coming close to touching an all-out zoom. imo, the *best* supes can hope for is a stalemate.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 31st, 2014 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 03:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Lies, Galan. Those punches are tickling Supes. That's his O face. He's loving it.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 03:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lies, Galan. Those punches are tickling Supes. That's his O face. He's loving it.
*fights urge to make a mcdonalds reference*

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2014 04:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Bump.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 05:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Superman is too slow for him.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2014 09:40 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Lol.

Let me step up (2 the streets!).

I posted the first scan. It shows Batman surviving Zoom's punches. Are Zoom's punches Bane-level, now?

Abhi, ABC logic does not work. Star, you too. You asked:

We have, in a canon comic, only ONE incident of Zoom attacking Superman. Not Superman-level, or an analgoue of mainstream Supes, or Bizarro, or WW, or Jesse - the real deal. The main man.

Superman himself.

These facts are inarguable. They have met once. Zoom hit Superman. No debate there.

The attached image is the result.

Stop trying to cloud the issue and dodge the point with Bizarro, or Kal-L etc. Their feats/showings are completely irrelevant here.

What IS relevant, is that in the one time they met, Zoom was punching Superman. AND he was affected (check his face out).

So yeah, Zoom wins. The only proof, ONLY proof, that matters, that can negate this, is another showing SUPERMAN tagging Zoom, and/or no-selling his attacks. We all know what Superman no-selling punches looks like, and it sure as hell does not look like this:

But then, there are feats for Superman where he has tagged faster people than Zoom. Like Professor Zoom.

http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/a...nt5022.jpg.html

Who we all know shitstomped entire Flash Family at once.
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Cool I'll remember this argument when it comes to Superman vs Thor/Hulk threads. No double standards now Abhi stick out tongue

I have no problems with that. I never argue with anything made up.
Originally posted by Galan007
i don't see the difficulty here. as the panel DS has posted blatantly shows us: superman cannot simply 'tank' a zoom-blitz... zoom's punches undeniably have *some* sort of negative effect on him:
look and superman's facial expression and body posture. not only does he appear defenseless, but those punches are hurting him to some degree... and keep in mind: zoom was just trolling the league there. he was absolutely not fighting to the best of his ability(the blitz was only a panel long, ffs.)

now compare superman's expressions in the above scene to when he *actually* no-sells a punch:

night and day difference. smile

anyway, the fact of the matter is that superman is never coming close to touching an all-out zoom. imo, the *best* supes can hope for is a stalemate.

Zoom can affect Superman with his punches. But like Superman once said, hurting him isn't that difficult. Surviving him is.

And we know that a bloodlusted Zoom with a million punches didn't even made PG go back, let alone KO her. Notice PG grabbing him by throat?

Even a random Amazon survived two hundred punches from him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...214_page_15.jpg

And if PG can grab Zoom, Bizarro can, Kal-L can, Wonder Woman can, Jessie Quick can, you can be damn sure that Superman can.

And Zoom's sissy punches are sure as hell not KOing Superman.

big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 08:20 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Tomorrow, I am going to make a thread. Character A vs Character B.

Poster A: shows how A has met B before, and when they did, A rocked B with his punches.

Poster B: Nah-uh, you see, A was unable to kill these cannon fodder weaklings who are FAR beneath B, therefore, despite their canon meetings, B wins!

Also, B can do this, and that, and this, and despite it never being shown, Character A was actually AFRAID of B when they met, so A punched B a few times (ineffectually, despite the art showing otherwise) and then RAN AWAY LIKE A *****!!!

An additional point is, Character B has beaten Character C, who has beaten Character A. Therefore, Character B will stomp Character A into paste.

My thread will be called H/P Doomsday vs Darkseid. You see, a weaker Doomsday was unable to kill Booster Gold, and Bloodwynd, who are all far below Darkseid when he punched them. Also, when they met, Doomsday punched Darkseid a few times, then ran away in fear. Darkseid you see has all these cool powers, and will surely win!

Its not that. Zoom has never really beaten anyone on Superman's level. You bring one character he has KOED at Superman's level of durability and I will change my vote to Zoom.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 08:22 AM
DarkSaint85

Right, right.

So at least we are now in agreement that Zoom CAN hurt Superman.

And is much faster than him.

The punches that affected Superman - how many are there? 10, 20, 30?

Imagine a million of them.

On panel, PG > Superman..

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 08:53 AM
krisblaze

Obviously Zoom hit PG a lot because he wanted to touch her more.

He was hitting Superman much harder because he didn't want his fist rubbing against Kal's disgusting cheek.

Joke aside though I think that's what happened. He hit PG with more weaker punches, and Superman with stronger but fewer blows.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 08:58 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Right, right.

So at least we are now in agreement that Zoom CAN hurt Superman.

And is much faster than him.

The punches that affected Superman - how many are there? 10, 20, 30?

Imagine a million of them.

But of course, we can't just comprehend Zoom losing to anybody. So we conclude an ass backward conclusion and based on nothing in Zoom's history that he has never beaten anyone before on Superman's level that he actually beats Superman.

Seriously, Zoom is the Absorbing Man of DC. No matter who he fights, he will find a way to lose.

And who said Superman can't shrug off a million punches or even a billion punches if we're applying no limit fallacy here? You don't want me to bring Superman's durability feats here. Seriously you don't.

Zoom is faster than Superman, not so fast that Superman can't hit him. He hit much faster Professor Zoom after all.

And your silence about Zoom beating anybody on Superman's level is duly noted. Seriously, this is like talking to h1a8 at this point.

Last edited by abhilegend on Sep 2nd, 2014 at 09:07 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 09:04 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
Obviously Zoom hit PG a lot because he wanted to touch her more.

He was hitting Superman much harder because he didn't want his fist rubbing against Kal's disgusting cheek.

Joke aside though I think that's what happened. He hit PG with more weaker punches, and Superman with stronger but fewer blows.

But that's ass backward too. He was trying to kill PG, he was trolling Superman. So either Zoom punches weakly the more bloodlusted he is or Johns has a very high opinion of his pet character.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 09:05 AM