KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Zoom vs Superman

Zoom vs Superman
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

What's with the awkward wording? 'Pet character'.

Are you trying to somehow diminsh Zoom in the eyes of other people by talking shit about him?

And I don't know. Johns had the Flash attack the same way. Sometimes he'd hit really, really hard with a few punches and other times he'd strike someone many times with weaker punches.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 09:21 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

how can superman really win this with PIS off?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 09:23 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Worst thing was, his cheek rubbing was making Clark explode with joygasming. The filthy pervert.

But yes, I take your point. As silly as it is, more punches = weaker punches.

Oh, I know, in real life quick jabs vs haymakers etc etc. But he controls time - he literally has all the time in the world to line up multiple haymakers.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 11:17 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Worst thing was, his cheek rubbing was making Clark explode with joygasming. The filthy pervert.

But yes, I take your point. As silly as it is, more punches = weaker punches.

Oh, I know, in real life quick jabs vs haymakers etc etc. But he controls time - he literally has all the time in the world to line up multiple haymakers.

This kind of inconsistency is why it's so annoying to debate characters that belong to big companies.

Writer A has a great vision for his character.

Writer B uses said character as a dumb mook.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 11:20 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend
But of course, we can't just comprehend Zoom losing to anybody. So we conclude an ass backward conclusion and based on nothing in Zoom's history that he has never beaten anyone before on Superman's level that he actually beats Superman.

Seriously, Zoom is the Absorbing Man of DC. No matter who he fights, he will find a way to lose.

And who said Superman can't shrug off a million punches or even a billion punches if we're applying no limit fallacy here? You don't want me to bring Superman's durability feats here. Seriously you don't.

Zoom is faster than Superman, not so fast that Superman can't hit him. He hit much faster Professor Zoom after all.

And your silence about Zoom beating anybody on Superman's level is duly noted. Seriously, this is like talking to h1a8 at this point.

I didn't have silence. I posted him punching Superman, who didn't have any ability to react to him, and was being hurt by him.

You're the one who's silent on showing anything, ANYTHING, on how Superman can do anything to Zoom. Not Thawne, not PG, not Bizarro, not Kal-L, but Superman himself, against Hunter.

Because the two times these two characters (Zolomon and Clark Kent) have met, Zolomon trolled him and treated him like a feeb. And that is inarguable. Hence, comics, in canon, have shown that 100% of the times they have met, Superman was unable to do anything to Zolomon.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 11:21 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I didn't have silence. I posted him punching Superman, who didn't have any ability to react to him, and was being hurt by him.

You're the one who's silent on showing anything, ANYTHING, on how Superman can do anything to Zoom. Not Thawne, not PG, not Bizarro, not Kal-L, but Superman himself, against Hunter.

Because the two times these two characters (Zolomon and Clark Kent) have met, Zolomon trolled him and treated him like a feeb. And that is inarguable. Hence, comics, in canon, have shown that 100% of the times they have met, Superman was unable to do anything to Zolomon.
thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 01:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

This reminds me of the Prime vs Zoom thread.

Basically Zoom has one good showing of Superman punches where he basically coldcocks Wonder Woman while failing to Ko her. And then... ? Sure he can hurt Superman, but he completely and utterly lacks any feats of taking down an actual durable opponent. He's a power set character because he sure as hell doesn't have the feats. I sure hope Superman can channel the speed of Damage and Liberty Belle though.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 07:36 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Speed kills. Zoom stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 08:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carver9
Speed kills. Zoom stomps.

Lol

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2014 09:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
What's with the awkward wording? 'Pet character'.

Are you trying to somehow diminsh Zoom in the eyes of other people by talking shit about him?

And I don't know. Johns had the Flash attack the same way. Sometimes he'd hit really, really hard with a few punches and other times he'd strike someone many times with weaker punches.

No, I'm just tired of this Zoom wank.

And Johns has Flashes affect everybody by their punches, even SBP and such. Do we have Flashes beating SBP by punching him now?

Yeah, Superman was unable to do anything against Zoom under a Johns book and Damage was able to do better. So Damagae>>Superman in speed? Is that how thing work here now? Superman has much better feats than unable to hit Zoom.

And Zoom has never beaten anyone in Superman's durability level in his entire career. So yeah, I would take Superman's chances here better who has at least reacted/tagged people faster than Zoom several times.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 05:13 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, Superman was unable to do anything against Zoom under a Johns book and Damage was able to do better. So Damagae>>Superman in speed? Is that how thing work here now? Superman has much better feats than unable to hit Zoom.

And Zoom has never beaten anyone in Superman's durability level in his entire career. So yeah, I would take Superman's chances here better who has at least reacted/tagged people faster than Zoom several times.

Or perhaps, he held back against Damage? I mean, if we go down the 'look at all these lower tier characters Superman has struggled against', I bet they're all lower than Zoom.

But of course, that would be ignoring things like PIS etc.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 05:59 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Zoom wins as their own encounter shows Superman can't even react to him.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2014 10:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Or perhaps, he held back against Damage? I mean, if we go down the 'look at all these lower tier characters Superman has struggled against', I bet they're all lower than Zoom.

But of course, that would be ignoring things like PIS etc.

What about Liberty Belle?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 06:29 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Right, right. So if there was a Liberty Belle/Damage vs Superman thread, you'd argue that the team stomps?

The scan I posted has Batman being affected as badly as Superman. Same scan.

Does this mean Batman = Superman in durability/speed?

Or that Zoom holds back?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 06:48 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Right, right. So if there was a Liberty Belle/Damage vs Superman thread, you'd argue that the team stomps?

The scan I posted has Batman being affected as badly as Superman. Same scan.

Does this mean Batman = Superman in durability/speed?

Or that Zoom holds back?

Circular reasoning. Zoom holds back so much that he has never KOED anybody of note in his entire career? I asked you showing a single Zoom showing where he KOED anybody durable and you had zilch to show.

And Zoom has a glass jaw, Superman doesn't.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:15 AM
krisblaze

That fight was so bad too...

Zoom's punishing Damage, and then Liberty Belle surprises him with superspeed :/

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:16 AM
DarkSaint85

Well, it seems we are at an impasse.

You cling to the low showings of Zoom.

I cling to the showing where he's affecting Superman.

At the end of the day, we will have to agree to disagree. But I will say this, then bow out.

In the scan I posted, I count five Kraks from Zoom on Supes (incidentally, two less than Batman). These all affected him negatively. Don't worry, I'm not one of those posters who thinks a 'Krak' equals something broken.

In the scan Galan posted, where he's fighting so quickly Superman can't help Wally, they've circled the Earth a dozen times, with a punch thrown every thousand miles. 25,000 miles, multiplied by 12, equals 300 punches thrown.

FIVE punches made Superman make the O face. 300 will mess him up. And that would only be the initial salvo.

Abhi, you cling to it being Johns wankery. Does it matter? I've seen you do the same when McDuffie's writing (WW being faster, Dr Light being faster). Again, does it matter? Is the comic canon? Yes, it is.

Anything else is just you trying to cloud the issue, with scan dumps. Next time, am I allowed to use Bizarro's feats for Superman? Hell no. His low showings? DEfinitely not. So when the thread title is Zoom vs Superman, and they've shown the two fighting before, and Zoom came out on top...well, that's all there is, really.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Sep 4th, 2014 at 07:36 AM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:32 AM
krisblaze

Abhi screams Johns wankage? He created the character :/

I'd certainly agree if someon else created the character, but Zoom's high showings are in line with his initial showings. It's not like he started out as a chump and got taken up. Zoom's initial showings were sky-high.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:36 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Well, it seems we are at an impasse.

You cling to the low showings of Zoom.
Low showings? I dare you to post a single showing where zoom KOED a top tier person in durability.

quote:
I cling to the showing where he's affecting Superman.
I don't rule out that showing either. He can affect Superman with his punches. Not KO him.

quote:
At the end of the day, we will have to agree to disagree. But I will say this, then bow out.

In the scan I posted, I count five Kraks from Zoom on Supes (incidentally, two less than Batman). These all affected him negatively. Don't worry, I'm not one of those posters who thinks a 'Krak' equals something broken.
ood.

quote:
In the scan Galan posted, where he's fighting so quickly Superman can't help Wally, they've circled the Earth a dozen times, with a punch thrown every thousand miles. 25,000 miles, multiplied by 12, equals 300 punches thrown.
And Flash tanked them all. Is Wally more durable than Superman now?

quote:
FIVE punches made Superman make the O face. 300 will mess him up. And that would only be the initial salvo.
When far more than that didn't even mess up Wally at far faster speed? I don't think so.

quote:
Abhi, you cling to it being Johns wankery. Does it matter? I've seen you do the same when McDuffie's writing (WW being faster, Dr Light being faster). Again, does it matter? Is the comic canon? Yes, it is.
Canon, yes. Absolute? No. And even under Johns he has never beaten a top tier. I wonder why.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 07:39 AM
Vic&ChanceTP
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zoom>>>>>>>>Wally West>Barry Allen>>>>> Jay Garrick>>> Superman

Old Post Sep 4th, 2014 10:57 AM
Vic&ChanceTP is currently offline Click here to Send Vic&ChanceTP a Private Message Find more posts by Vic&ChanceTP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote