KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs. Darth Zannah

Darth Vader vs. Darth Zannah
Started by: King Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nargaroth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by red8
LOL

The Sith masters of the Rule of Two era > Vader, Dooku, or Revan

Not really a fair analysis since we only see Zannah use her illusions like 3 times.

Zannah was still a young apprentice when she faced Sarro. She was on a Nexus, but Sarro was roided-up on battle meditation.

Set Harth was a fallen Jedi and was definitely force sensitive. Zannah's sorcery left him in a coma for several days.

Zannah was forced to use a weaker illusion on Bane because of the injuries that she suffered. Bane was also completely prepared for her illusion.

Bane, knowing that Zannah would one day use sorcery against him, studied it to defend himself. Despite all of this, he still struggled with Zannah's illusion:

Bane was able to resist and he used what seemed like Force Lightning to knock Zannah back, but despite her injuries, she quickly regained her balance.

Bane and Sarro were both physical powerhouses and Zannah did fine against them in sabers.

She was still very inexperienced at dueling when she fought Sarro, yet she was smart enough to keep Johun alive. Even when she went one-on-one with Sarro, she still managed to hold him off for a while.

When she faced Bane, Bane was at first very aggressive. He tried to overpower her with brute force, but Zannah was able to hold him off. When he realized that he couldn't just power through her defenses, he switched to using more precision.

Zannah was doing just fine against Bane until she tripped on the graves.
Vader isn't bringing anything to the table that Zannah hasn't dealt with.

Zannah is prodigy in TK. As a little girl with no training at all, she was killing Jedi and tearing off limbs. Vader isn't going to be TKing her.

One final thing, Bane was emotionally much more stable than Anakin or Vader ever were. Zannah's illusions would crush Vader.

1. Vader's TK is above Zannah's by at least a decent degree. Dooku could likely beat her due to being even more skilled than Vader, and because Soresu seems to be weak against Makashi, though I'm not sure about that.

2. Vader also mind raped Force sensitives only once, 20+ years before ROTJ, and while not even attempting to incapacitate Nick Rostu (he had a task for him, so he wouldn't do that). But fair enough, I won't necessarily claim that he is equal to Zannah , though I did it before. However, it could also be argued that Bane was somewhat weakened in that fight.

3. Bane's preparation has no meaning in this context, considering that, by his own word, defense against sorcery based TP is a matter of willpower:

That didn't mean he was unprepared, however. Dark side sorcery was
complex; it attacked the psyche in ways that were difficult to explain and
even more difficult to defend against. Bane had no talent for it, yet he had
done his best to study the techniques. What he learned was that the only
real counter was the victim's strength of will.

Regular TP , instead, is defended against mainly via mental barriers, at least in its more aggressive applications which means that you can't mentally rape a superior or equal Force user with it.

4.Vader could arguably do that as well.

5.Vader is likely even better than them, and his strenght feats include shattering crystalline pillars while gravely wounded, crushing a stormtrooper's heads, and supporting the weight of a dozen men.

He is also considerably better than them duelling wise, not to the point that he would instantly stomp Zannah, but she stands no chance to last in a duel against him for a long time.

6. Except that duelling wise, he is much better than anyone she has ever faced, and he has mastered a hybrid Djem So style that borrows elements from all combat techniques, which would probaly surprise her.

7. Ragdoll her? No, probably not, but considering that he has Force gripped the Starkiller clone (you know, the same guy who disintegrated half of a 300 mt ship while maintaining a Force shield) years before his prime, I'd doubt that.

And even if I disregarded this example I could argue that Vader performed his best telekinetic feats years or even decades before ROTJ.

Concerning Vader's psychological issues, you don't have to be emotionally stable to have a strong will, so he should be able to resist

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Vader-sama takes this.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 10:59 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Where do you post Nargaroth? Comicvine?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:13 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Yes.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I see

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:19 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Why did you ask?

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:28 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You're posting style is superior to the "debaters" here thas why. If you dont mind me asking, who are you on the Vine?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:29 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Hey Carthage, we don't like you, and you evidently don't like us, so why don't you leave here and go to Comicvine so we can all be at peace.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Hey Carthage, we don't like you, and you evidently don't like us, so why don't you leave here and go to Comicvine so we can all be at peace.

Emperordumb, you just fear him and his arguments against Bane.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

That'd be all too easy, Emperor. Every action must be as difficult and strenuous as possible.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:40 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

Fear and aggravation are two completely different things. Oh yeah, I don't have 2 middle names BTW.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That'd be all too easy, Emperor. Every action must be as difficult and strenuous as possible.

Such is the nature of trolls... such is the nature of Carthage.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

thumb up

So we're stooping down to the level of 4th graders now? okay how about...hmm

Sidi-Ass 66? Yeah i feel like an imbecile by pulling such a childish insult. i mean geez, talk about how the mighty have fallen. once perhaps you were a respected intellectual and now you have gone so low, that you defend a troll and become one yourself. keep hiding behind that whole "defending him because TOR wank" speech not buying it, you're clearly trying to goad people and as such you yourself are a troll. oh how the not-so mighty have fallen.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:47 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Shut up. You fear him.

And you make no damn sense.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:48 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Such is the nature of trolls... such is the nature of Carthage.

No. Carthage is the physical avatar of our Lord Nihilus, so that he may appear as one of the PT era, but in reality he is preparing for our master's arrival. To destroy us suddenly, and without us noticing.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:48 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Shut up. You fear him.

I do not fear him nor should I.

And you make no damn sense.

What?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:51 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

I could easily solve this conundrum you two appear to have. But that wouldn't be fun, would it?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:53 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
thumb up

So we're stooping down to the level of 4th graders now? okay how about...hmm

Sidi-Ass 66? Yeah i feel like an imbecile by pulling such a childish insult. i mean geez, talk about how the mighty have fallen. once perhaps you were a respected intellectual and now you have gone so low, that you defend a troll and become one yourself. keep hiding behind that whole "defending him because TOR wank" speech not buying it, you're clearly trying to goad people and as such you yourself are a troll. oh how the not-so mighty have fallen.

I'm glad that you at least considered me mighty and that you respected me, while I barely noticed you.

Emperor is constantly on my case for someone calling someone out on BS or for defending my son, so I'm giving him the attention he craves from me. Get over it the insult wasn't directed at you.

Last edited by Dominis on Sep 7th, 2014 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:53 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

So mad.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:55 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'm glad that you at least considered me mighty and that you respected me, while I barely noticed you.

Emperor is constantly on my case for someone calling someone out on BS or for defending my son, so I'm giving him the attention he craves from me. Get over it the insult wasn't directed at you.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:57 PM
appletonia
major studmuffin

Why do you keep on calling carthage your son, Sids?? Like, it's really delightfully bizarre lol.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Sep 7th, 2014 11:58 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote