KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Cade Skywalker vs Kas'im

Cade Skywalker vs Kas'im
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Cade Skywalker vs Kas'im

Force sabers all out

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 12:54 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

The death stick addict takes it

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Skywalker

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:35 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

The Cade definitely defeats him.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 06:06 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Kas'im pretty easily. Defends anything Cade can throw at him with the Force, and destroys him in a lightsaber battle.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 01:07 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by appletonia
Kas'im pretty easily. Defends anything Cade can throw at him with the Force, and destroys him in a lightsaber battle.

Hah, now that's silly. Cade's force power is very high, and Cade's saber skill is pretty well up there too.

Skywalker was able to put up a good fight against Reborn Krayt, and Krayt's solidly above Kas'im.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Krayt isn't above Kas'im as far as blades are concerned.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 01:40 PM
Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Indeed. Kas'im has the far superior resume when it comes to lightsaber ability between him and Krayt, and Bane at the time of his fight with Kas'im was probably already more powerful than any version of Krayt and he wasn't able to overpower Kas'im with the Force. In fact I'd argue that Kas'im would have a very good chance of beating Krayt in an all out battle, let alone Noob Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 03:08 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:

quote:

Indeed. Kas'im has the far superior resume when it comes to lightsaber ability between him and Krayt,

Really? Because once he becomes Krayt he never loses a saber fight, he at least holds some edge against everyone he fights. He's also been involved in much more fights. I mean, Kas'im is good, but Krayt's record is really quite impressive itself.

Even as A'Sharad he was skilled enough to be a serious threat to Obi-wan.

And, of course, his force power dwarfs Kas'im's.

quote:
already more powerful than any version of Krayt and he wasn't able to overpower Kas'im with the Force.

Bane killed Kas'im thanks to the force. And no, Bane, especially this early, is certainly not stronger than Krayt.

quote:
In fact I'd argue that Kas'im would have a very good chance of beating Krayt in an all out battle,

I rate Kas'im higher than several others do here... but no, Kas'im's outmatched.

quote:
let alone Noob Skywalker.

Don't know Cade, do you? Has completed Jedi and Sith training, been in fights with numerous masters who in turn have both saber and force feats, and he's killed many sith warriors. Heck, for several months he literally worked as a bounty hunter specializing in killing Sith (the Hutts were paying a lot for Sith lightsabers).

By the time he's taking on Reborn Krayt, he's a fully trained, very experienced fighter who's been involved in a war with the sith for over a year.

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 8th, 2014 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 05:34 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Cade. Even without Dark Transfer.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 05:36 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

quote:
I mean, Kas'im is good,

I think this is where we ultimately disagree. Kas'im isn't merely good, he's a borderline transcendental lightsaber technician. I'd argue the difference in lightsaber skill between he and Krayt is larger than the difference between them in the Force, and either way I'm not convinced Krayt would even be able to overpower him in that area anyway.

quote:
Bane killed Kas'im thanks to the force. And no, Bane this early is certainly not stronger than Krayt ^^

Bane by that point is already extremely impressive. His destruction of the temple alone is probably superior to any offensive application of the Force we've ever seen from Krayt, and months later he's capable of absorbing and channeling Force Lightning across the entire planet (and would have been able to destroy the planet). He's also blitzed talented Force Users by this point, created a storm of Force Lightning that was large enough to engulf an entire assembly hall about an hour after learning to use Force Lightning at all, has dominated powerful Force Users "as if their Force defences weren't even there", practically laughed at Kaan's attempt to mentally influence him. Krayt's resume really isn't all that impressive in all honesty.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 05:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I thought Bane went to Ruusan a few days after he killed Kas'im, not months?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

I thought it might have been a bit longer by the time they carried out that ritual specifically, but it probably was merely days. Still, I'm open to the possibilty Bane might still have gone through a power boost between his duel with Kas'im and the ritual. Sith usually reach new levels of clarity in their understanding of the darkside after big milestones such as killing their masters.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 06:09 PM
Q99

quote:
appletonia

I think this is where we ultimately disagree. Kas'im isn't merely good, he's a borderline transcendental lightsaber technician.

Keep in mind Krayt was dominant in an era with a lot of fully trained Jedi and Sith (one of the points of PoD was a *lot* of the Jedi and Sith of the time were undertrained, Kas'im being one of the rare strong ones), as well as even his Jedi form being one of the better duelists in the order during the Clone Wars... a time known for it's exceptional light saber skills.

I'm not saying that Kas'im's not awesome at sabers, it's just that Krayt's rather awesome too. He started out as a blade technician before delving into the secrets of the force.

As for force strength, both Luke Skywalker and Caedus felt he was very strong, and then when he was reborn his power substantially increased. Krayt also achieved a technique on control of life and death to a level no-one had before.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 07:27 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by psmith81992

Yeah he is. Who has Kas'im actually beaten that puts him above Krayt. Krayt has fought Abeloth, Celeste Morne, Cade Skywalker, Darth Wyyrlok, and speedblitz 4 Imperial Knights simultaneously.

Kas'im has never beaten anyone.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 08:23 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by carthage
Yeah he is.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 8th, 2014 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Cade.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Originally posted by Q99
Keep in mind Krayt was dominant in an era with a lot of fully trained Jedi and Sith (one of the points of PoD was a *lot* of the Jedi and Sith of the time were undertrained, Kas'im being one of the rare strong ones),

There's a lot that you can say about the BOD, but that it was a weak order when it came to conventional Sith on Jedi warfare is not one of them.

Yes, knowledge of Sith magic, rituals, and other esoteric darkside abilities and teachings were largely lost. Yes, their approach of trying to defeat the Jedi through conventional warfare was not working. Yes, the darkside is at its most pure when concentrated among a select few rather than legions. Yes, towards the end of the war, they were taking on virtually anyone that could possibly fight, whether they were random fodder soldiers or barely trained Force Using children. And yes, in comparison to Bane, most of the order were pretty weak. It's also true that Bane was very critical of his contemporaries and greatly admired the Sith of old, but it's hardly unheard of for people to glorify past generations and be unfairly critical of the reality they are faced with.

When such a large focus of the book is on the above, it's easy to fall into the trap of just assuming that they suck, but the idea that they were poorly trained lightsaber practitioners is not compatible with everything we know about their resources or methodology. They lived in a time where their raison d'etre was to engage Jedi in deadly combat, it had been that way for hundreds of years and would have been reflected in their training, hierarchy, survivability and experience.

And also, where your argument for Krayt seems to be based almost entirely on his relative position within his order/era, the argument for Kas'im is based largely on absolute feats, so the order that he was a part of is mostly irrelevant. Sure, it's impressive that he was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else in the order, but what's most impressive about Kas'im is the extent to which he is documented to have mastered the lightsaber, which is to a level far greater than anybody else can be said to attain. He mastered every single lightsaber form and for every single style of weapon in a matter of years, spent decades perfecting his skills, invented his own system by which the Sith academy learned the forms and sparred with one another, and would continue to practice obsessively long after he already practically fully mastered everything. It's suggested that he wasn't just the best lightsaber user of his time, but possibly the best ever.

The argument that you've provided for Krayt does not paint a picture of him particularly standing out in the grand scheme of things. There's always going to be someone who's fairly dominant in their era. He does not come across as transcendental in the way that Kas'im does, and that's the primary difference between the two.

quote:
as well as even his Jedi form being one of the better duelists in the order during the Clone Wars... a time known for it's exceptional light saber skills.

You're clearly reaching here. There was virtually nothing particularly special or notable about him during his Jedi years.

That the Clone Wars was a time known for exceptional light saber skills is KMC SWVF fanon. The truth is that the time leading up to the Clone Wars was a time of relative peace that saw the underutilisation of the kinds of techniques and abilities that were specifically made for Jedi on Sith warfare (classic example being the rarity of Makashi). The Clone Wars itself was a war that saw hardly any engagements being Jedi and Dark Jedi/Sith.

quote:
I'm not saying that Kas'im's not awesome at sabers, it's just that Krayt's rather awesome too. He started out as a blade technician before delving into the secrets of the force.

The point is that Kas'im is many scales of awesome above Krayt.

quote:
As for force strength, both Luke Skywalker and Caedus felt he was very strong, and then when he was reborn his power substantially increased. Krayt also achieved a technique on control of life and death to a level no-one had before.

It's an interesting skill, I'll grant him that, but he needs to lay a hand on Kas'im for it to work in the first place, and either way that he was able to defend himself against a supercharged attacl from a version of Bane that has superior feats to Krayt suggests that he would do the same to Krayt.

Edit - I can however see different scenarios where Krayt might be able to defeat him, but either way I don't see how Cade has a chance.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 10:34 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Just for the record, Reborn Krayt would take Kas'im rather easily. Sorry apple, it's the truth.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 10:52 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

When Bane couldn't even in the area he would have the biggest advantage?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2014 11:02 AM