KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker Vs Satele Shan(Lightsabers only)

Anakin Skywalker Vs Satele Shan(Lightsabers only)
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Neph keeps bringing up Satele's force abilities like a blockhead, in spite of the fact the match is sabers only.

Anakin ROFLSTOMPS HER in that category

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 03:10 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Satele also mind dominated 9 hex droids at a time despite them possessing very little organic material and being in another room entirely

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 03:43 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Neph keeps bringing up Satele's force abilities like a blockhead, in spite of the fact the match is sabers only.

Anakin ROFLSTOMPS HER in that category

I'm bringing them up because FS said Anakin destroys her even with them. Try to keep up.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm bringing them up because FS said Anakin destroys her even with them. Try to keep up.

Which neither of your posts are relevant to a topic where its sabers only.

Try to keep up thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

@ Neph: I'll respond later.

Carthage, while I'm sure you wanted the riveting debate of deciding who would win between these two in a saber match up, there's not really a debate to be had, imo. Just like the string of other threads you've made recently. But if you have a case, I'm willing to hear it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:37 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I didn't make this thread.

Anakin has better dueling feats and is faster and stronger

Anakin has defeated Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, fought evenly with Obi wan Kenobi etc.

Satele has only stalemated Baras and defeated a featless Darth Mekhis

Anakin has moved fast enough to appear everywhere at once, covered his entire body with the afterglow of his lightsaber, and covered Dooku's line of sight with an 'electric blue haze' with his lightsaber.

Anakin has slammed Ventress down hard enough to crack the stone beneath, torn apart spider droids with his barehands, broken durasteel, and hit "with the force of a meteor strike". Satele has no strength feats and struggled with Malgus who is weaker than Anakin.

Anakin has superior feats around the board.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:52 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Apologies to Fated(even if this is the kind of thread carthage would make....)

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Sep 11th, 2014 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:56 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Thank you for understanding a TOR character's inferiority to Anakin

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:57 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nice try, carthage. I embraced my inner troll long ago. You have no hold over me.

Besides, Anakin's one of my favorites. I'd but him and Dooku above a lot of TOR era Jedi and Sith. At best, I consider the HoT a pier of Anakin's. And the HoT is well above Satele.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:03 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Apologies to Faded(even if this is the kind of thread carthage would make....)

Lol no offense taken.

In regards to the fight itself, I'm rolling with Satele in a very good fight. Though i am very positive this fight could go either way. Those are my two cents anyway.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:03 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

And what, exactly, leads you to that conclusion?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:05 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Nice try, carthage. I embraced my inner troll long ago. You have no hold over me.

Besides, Anakin's one of my favorites. I'd but him and Dooku above a lot of TOR era Jedi and Sith. At best, I consider the HoT a pier of Anakin's.

I honestly don't care where you hold him. Anakin is superior to Satele in terms of feats, if you or Fated have any feats you think compare post them.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:05 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

lol
Anakin destroys any incarnation of Satele. In sabers only? That's a gg.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:07 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm glad you agree Anakin is superior.

Last edited by carthage on Sep 11th, 2014 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:08 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by NewGuy01
And what, exactly, leads you to that conclusion?

and why, exactly, must i explain my opinion to you?

lol sorry had to, i'm only joking big grin

Satele has held her own against those of great power in duels - the most notable one being Malgus who is more or less around Anakin's level (arguable ,i know) but this was a Pre-Prime Malgus and a Pre-Prime Satele, they weren't that far from reaching their respective peaks. I feel Satele could perform as well as Anakin did against most of his Opponents. Plus there is his mental state - which as i stated in the OP is before he went to the dark side. Iirc Anakin's victory over the count was because of him drawing the DS/his anger and because the good Count was growing tired - an Issue Satele wouldn't have a problem with - i think, correct me if i'm wrong. Satele is also above Asajj Ventress and Barriss Offee the last of which he had trouble with. and could potentially beat Anakin. But as i said, in My Opinion this could potentially go both ways, they're both very talented with the blade and have some good showings with it. It's really close To be honest.

Also apologies for the shitty grammar, i'm in a rush at the moment and have a ton of things to do, so i won't be able to respond that quickly to you Boo.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:26 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nah, Anakin didn't defeat Dooku because Dooku made him angry. Anakin defeated Dooku because Palpatine told him too. He was pressuring the Count the entire duel, and only slipped up when the Count made him angry. Satele also couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:33 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
and why, exactly, must i explain my opinion to you?

Because otherwise you'd just be making a fool of yourself. evil face

quote:
lol sorry had to, i'm only joking big grin

I figured, considering there was a block of text below that sentence. wink

quote:
Satele has held her own against those of great power in duels - the most notable one being Malgus who is more or less around Anakin's level

By the time he fought Satele? Hardly.

quote:
but this was a Pre-Prime Malgus and a Pre-Prime Satele,

This is true. Does that mean we are to assume that Satele improved by the same scale factor as Malgus? Not really.

quote:
they weren't that far from reaching their respective peaks.

I would argue Malgus was.

quote:
Iirc Anakin's victory over the count was because of him drawing the DS/his anger

When does he not do this?

quote:
Satele is also above Asajj Ventress

As a duelist? On what basis are you inferring this?

quote:
and could defeat Anakin

Not unless you think Ven Zallow is a peer of Yoda.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Sep 11th, 2014 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 01:52 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Satele also couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers.
Wrong. She could and did, all be it for a short time. Malgus's strength was too much for her which is why she was nearly defeated pretty quickly. But as soon as she figured that out she changed the style in which she engaged him and performed exceptionally better, Malgus struggling to keep up with her, until the largeness of her hilt was exploited and she found herself weaponless

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 02:30 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Wrong. She could and did, all be it for a short time. Malgus's strength was too much for her which is why she was nearly defeated pretty quickly. But as soon as she figured that out she changed the style in which she engaged him and performed exceptionally better, Malgus struggling to keep up with her, until the largeness of her hilt was exploited and she found herself weaponless

So....she couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers. She being as fast as Malgus is kind of irrelevant since strength comes into play in a sabers only matchup. Even if we're going to say that she was able to do a lot better afterwards, she still couldn't keep up fast enough. We could go on and on how it's the hilts fault she was disarmed, but I'm going to say it was hers.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 02:49 AM
WildBantha88

So....she couldn't keep up with Malgus in sabers. She being as fast as Malgus is kind of irrelevant since strength comes into play in a sabers only matchup.
She could keep up with Malgus. But when meeting his mead on his strength was too much so she switched it up and performed much better. IDK how that's so hard to understand.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 02:52 AM