KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker Vs Satele Shan(Lightsabers only)

Anakin Skywalker Vs Satele Shan(Lightsabers only)
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Because you're completely disregarding the part where she was disarmed and almost killed and then tried to blame it on the lightsaber?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:12 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I figured, considering there was a block of text below that sentence. wink

love

quote:
By the time he fought Satele? Hardly.

That's arguable though, both of them were incredibly powerful and for the most part Satele did well against him - until he took advantage of the huge week point her saberstaff presented - the hilt. Both of them seemed to be on the same level.

quote:
This is true. Does that mean we are to assume that Satele improved by the same scale factor as Malgus? Not really.

Well doesn't her becoming the Grandmaster of the order show that she did improve?

quote:
I would argue Malgus was.

I would argue that they were both not that far from their peaks. Though i'm curious as to what supports you.

quote:
When does he not do this?

True enough, but his anger is much more visible in his encounters with the good Count.

quote:
As a duelist? On what basis are you inferring this?

as an overall Jedi, force powers and Dueling skills included. certainly you're not suggesting Satele - in her prime, would not perform as well as Ventress did against, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luminara Unduli, Ahsoka Tano, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto and Grevious? if given the same circumstances.

quote:
Not unless you think Ven Zallow is a peer of Yoda.

I wasn't referring to Malgus dude, i was talking about Satele.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Satele did well against him - until he took advantage of the huge week point her saberstaff presented - the hilt. Both of them seemed to be on the same level.

1. Anakin could also exploit this, so I'm not sure what your objective is in pointing this out.

2. Malgus was pretty clearly winning, until Malcom's intervention.

quote:
Well doesn't her becoming the Grandmaster of the order show that she did improve?

No. no expression

Zym and Kenth were also Grandmasters. The title isn't given for sheer combat prowess--Besides, I never said that she didn't improve. I said that it shouldn't simply be assumed that she improved at the same rate as Malgus.

quote:
I would argue that they were both not that far from their peaks. Though i'm curious as to what supports you.

Malgus's performances against Leneer pre and post waifu depict a sizable power gap. Other than that, there's his feats as the False Emperor.

quote:
as an overall Jedi, force powers and Dueling skills included.

Okay, well this is a saber match.

quote:
certainly you're not suggesting Satele - in her prime, would not perform as well as Ventress did against, Obi-Wan Kenobi?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm telling you to provide evidence suggesting she can.

quote:
I wasn't referring to Malgus dude, i was talking about Satele.

And Satele fared worse than Zallow in a duel with Malgus.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:49 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Satele was actually very impressive in Fatal Alliance.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:50 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

I'll respond tomorrow or the day after NewGuy01. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 03:57 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

A strictly lightsaber duel.. Anakin easily.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 04:12 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Because you're completely disregarding the part where she was disarmed and almost killed and then tried to blame it on the lightsaber?
Darth Maul has also suffered this problem? does that make him any less of a duelist?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 04:52 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Malgus even winning is actually questionable. Yes Satele was disarmed and she quickly got a hand up to hold the lightsaber, at first she looked like she was struggling and then she got both hands on the lightsaber and her expression changed, she was focused. And the lightsaber wasn't moving towards her at all, it looked more like a stalemate to me. Then take into account the massive power boost she was getting and how exactly was that a defeat?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 04:56 AM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Malgus even winning is actually questionable. Yes Satele was disarmed and she quickly got a hand up to hold the lightsaber, at first she looked like she was struggling and then she got both hands on the lightsaber and her expression changed, she was focused. And the lightsaber wasn't moving towards her at all, it looked more like a stalemate to me. Then take into account the massive power boost she was getting and how exactly was that a defeat?

Didn't Satele write in her journal that Malcom saved her life?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Skywalker-san takes this.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 05:54 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Satele writes in her journal that she is outright scared of Malgus and states outright Malcom saved her life.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 06:14 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

quote:

Not at all.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I maintain that she was very impressive in Fatal Alliance as the Grand Master.

"To the Sith, violence was an art form. To Master Satele, it seemed like life itself."-Eldon Ax, source: Fatal Alliance

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And at that time Satele admitted to not being the warrior she used to be.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 12:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by Nephthys
And at that time Satele admitted to not being the warrior she used to be.

Right, I get people love lowballing, it's a trait in all of us. But this is Satele as a Jedi Knight, before being the youngest gradmaster to that point and ignoring all of her solid feats in Fatal Alliance.

But it's beyond saving at this point unless there's new material for her to be in which seems unlikely.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well its her at her prime, so we should take the version of her that she states was her prime. Just makes sense imo.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by Nephthys
Well its her at her prime, so we should take the version of her that she states was her prime. Just makes sense imo.

Yup but then every thread ends with, "she got owned on Alderaan, gg debate over."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:16 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

Originally posted by AncientPower
Satele writes in her journal that she is outright scared of Malgus and states outright Malcom saved her life.

Beg your pardon but so what? Anyone with a brain should be scared of a powerful foe. If they aren't scared, then they're an idiot who thinks they're invincible and will get killed by being cocky and careless. Fear keeps people alive.

Also, of course she stated her saved her life. She's humble. I'd hardly expect her to claim she didn't need any help.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:23 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote