KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane, Zannah, and Kas'im vs. Vader, Dooku, and Revan

Bane, Zannah, and Kas'im vs. Vader, Dooku, and Revan
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
I thought Bane destroyed the foundations of the temple? nevertheless, Vader is capable of catching TIE fighters, which move at relativistic speeds and smash them together, smash down a cathedral, and smash through Rebel defenses capable of withstanding an orbital bombardment or a full ground assault from Imperial forces (don't recall that one well) Revan (I'm assuming that's he's in his reborn self) is able to absorb and throw back Lightning that can turn people to ash, rip out asteroids held by tractor beams, and other stuff I can't recall at the moment. Together they could crush Bane, as for Zannah she fought an out of his prime Bane, I don't think you can apply Bane's peak to her.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Hmm, if Bane brought it down completely then he could put up a resistance. However from everywhere I've read Bane was above Zannah and DOE is his weakest point, this is the first I've heard he's at his peak in that story.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:07 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

DOE is his weakest point

No...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:08 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

I thought Rule of two was his strongest with his Orbalisk Armor and all.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:09 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I thought Rule of two was his strongest with his Orbalisk Armor and all.

Eh.. DOE and ROT Bane are both solidly above POD Bane, so no DOE is certainly not his weakest point.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:10 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Merchant, your the Ship expert here I think, would a continuous spray of turbo-lasers destroy the temple? Numerous sources imply it.

Depends.

I heard this thing on the TOR boards once of a Nexus actually creating a natural force barrier, which is why you can't just Nuke the Sith academy into oblivion and stuff, but to be honest a temple like that would be hard to bring down without literal bombs.

*shrug*

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Emperordmb
No...

Yeah it is

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:20 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Vader>Zannah & Kas'im.
Revan and Dooku>Bane.
Team 2 wins easily imo.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:38 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

thumb up

Works either way, Revan defeats Bane in a battle while Dooku dances circles Kas'im or Zannah

Revan can ragdoll Kas'im, while Vader stomps Bane and Dooku outduels and ragdolls Zannah.

Team 2.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:46 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I thought Bane destroyed the foundations of the temple? nevertheless, Vader is capable of catching TIE fighters, which move at relativistic speeds and smash them together, smash down a cathedral, and smash through Rebel defenses capable of withstanding an orbital bombardment or a full ground assault from Imperial forces (don't recall that one well) Revan (I'm assuming that's he's in his reborn self) is able to absorb and throw back Lightning that can turn people to ash, rip out asteroids held by tractor beams, and other stuff I can't recall at the moment. Together they could crush Bane, as for Zannah she fought an out of his prime Bane, I don't think you can apply Bane's peak to her.

Bane sent a wave with nexus energy that destroyed a pillar and brought the temple down. Malgus's force scream alone brought down a pillar and Vader TKEd a table so hard it brought down three pillars, the fact it took Trainee Bane a moment to gather nexus energy for a feat force users can do without a nexus is pathetic

Vader would dominate Bane telekinetically as would Dooku

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:54 AM
The Merchant

Thanks for clearing that up Carthage thumb up

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:07 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Thanks for clearing that up Carthage thumb up

Carthage clarified nothing.

There was nothing mentioned in the text about "pillars." Kas'im blocked the focal point of the wave. And even with the focal point of the wave blocked, it still brought down this:
(please log in to view the image)

The feat is by no means "pathetic"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:17 AM
appletonia
major studmuffin

Bane > Revan
Zannah > Vader
Kas'im > Dooku

Team 1 solidly.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:19 AM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by appletonia
Kas'im > Dooku

no expression

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

That whole post should be reversed TBH.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:29 AM
Trocity

That whole post should be reversed TBH.

You could at least debate in favor of any of those 4.

Kas'im>Dooku though....

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:39 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

Originally posted by Trocity
no expression

Kas'im's mastery of the lightsaber absolutely dwarfs Dooku's, and defending against Bane's attack > anything Dooku has ever done. Kas'im's better and it's not really that close.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:39 AM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Originally posted by appletonia
Kas'im's mastery of the lightsaber absolutely dwarfs Dooku's, and defending against Bane's attack > anything Dooku has ever done. Kas'im's better and it's not really that close.

You are a decent troll, you don't make it blatantly obvious.

Still... You can not fool me.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:41 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Carthage clarified nothing.

There was nothing mentioned in the text about "pillars." Kas'im blocked the focal point of the wave. And even with the focal point of the wave blocked, it still brought down this:

He destroyed the archway. And then, the temple was destabilized enough, that the ceiling collapsed.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:44 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
appletonia
major studmuffin

There seems to be this attitude here that movie characters are automatically superior to non-movie characters until proven otherwise, in which case all the evidence provided for the non-movie character is usually ignored or downplayed.

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:44 AM