KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane, Zannah, and Kas'im vs. Vader, Dooku, and Revan

Bane, Zannah, and Kas'im vs. Vader, Dooku, and Revan
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
He destroyed the archway. And then, the temple was destabilized enough, that the ceiling collapsed.

thumb up

With nexus energy he gathered while Kas'im was speaking like a retard. Vader has collapsed a cathedral without nexus power, Revan has collapsed arch ways without a nexus, and Dooku has rained down boulders that buried Tholme without a nexus. Bane's feat is pathetic

quote:
On the landing high above Kas’im stood beneath the massive arch of the Temple entrance, staring down at him.

"I will follow you wherever you run," he said. "Wherever you go I will eventually find you and kill you. Don’t live your life in fear, Bane. Better to end it now."

"I agree," Bane replied, hurling out the wave of Force energy he had been gathering during the Blademaster’s speech.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:50 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by appletonia
There seems to be this attitude here that movie characters are automatically superior to non-movie characters until proven otherwise, in which case all the evidence provided for the non-movie character is usually ignored or downplayed.

Not necessarily, it's really just based on feats.

Dooku has feats to back up the fact that he's one of the best duelists in the mythos.

Kas'im doesn't have anything to back him up, really, other than his fight against a pre prime Bane and the quote from Bane's perspective (At least, that's how I took it), claiming Kas'im was probably "the best duelist in the galaxy" or something like that.

Unless I've forgotten some quantifiable feats for him.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:55 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

There are no quantifiable feats for Kas'im, he has no accolades over than Bane's ignorant opinion substantiating his skill level as a duelist.

He is featless

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 01:58 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Trocity
You are a decent troll, you don't make it blatantly obvious.

Still... You can not fool me.

Actually, our official troll here is Carthage. wink

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

thumb up Sinny

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Team 1 lost as soon as Kas'im was put on their team against powerhouses like team 2.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:05 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Revan could probably solo TBH.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Revan could probably solo TBH.

No he couldn't.

Bane DoE and Revan Reborn are near equals, even Drew said that Vader, Bane and Revan is too close.(Though more over that is him dodging a question)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:14 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane DoE is inferior to Revan in just about every way apart from Strength.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:15 AM
The Merchant

Kas'im's best feat is training a bunch of kids sent at the front lines :I

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:48 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 05:50 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He destroyed the archway. And then, the temple was destabilized enough, that the ceiling collapsed.

Theres no way destroying the entrance archway alone could destroy the entire temple now. Not with the new size of it.

Not to mention, thats a load a bs anyway. Thats not what happened.

Originally posted by Trocity
Not necessarily, it's really just based on feats.

Dooku has feats to back up the fact that he's one of the best duelists in the mythos.

Kas'im doesn't have anything to back him up, really, other than his fight against a pre prime Bane and the quote from Bane's perspective (At least, that's how I took it), claiming Kas'im was probably "the best duelist in the galaxy" or something like that.

Unless I've forgotten some quantifiable feats for him.

It isn't just Bane saying he's the best. Why do people forget that Bane said that for a reason? He said that Kas'im had mastered all lightsaber forms and then spent decades perfecting every aspect of them, which naturally makes him one of the most gifted duelists in history and yes, maybe the most skilled ever.

Last edited by Nephthys on Sep 10th, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The quote could also be from an omniscient perspective. I found a quote in a chapter focused on Bane that specifically says something he doesn't know. That proves that the book can go into an omniscient perspective at times and expand outside of Bane's knowledge. Plus, Karpyshyn said in one of his emails that whether or not that accolade was Bane's opinion or an omniscient perspective was debatable. So there is a good possibility that Kas'im's accolade was from an omniscient perspective.

However even if that accolade was Bane's opinion, this is the guy who spent hours upon hours reading up on the exaggerated accounts of ancient Sith, such as Tulak Hord, Exar Kun, and "many true lightsaber masters," and holding them at a standard beyond that of the Brotherhood of Darkness, which he despised. Kas'im's bladework impressing Bane enough for him to entertain the possibility that Kas'im could be the greatest duelist of all time is still really impressive.

Not to mention it's not just Bane's opinion that holds Kas'im at such high esteem, Kaan and Githany both agree that Kas'im is the best duelist in the order, Githany going on to think that Kas'im is their best fighter.

Not to mention that despite being plagued by only appearing in one source, Kas'im still demonstrates a high level of mastery. Kas'im defeated his master Nad'az before his prime, who was particularly very skilled at lightsaber combat foremost above his other abilities. Kas'im also mastered all seven forms of lightsaber combat and spent decades perfecting every move and sequence of these forms. Then we have the fact that Sirak himself was an impressive enough duelist to be capable of casually using sequences that blend several forms together and rapidly switch between forms, and when Bane stomped Sirak, he considered the notion that he could take on Kas'im in a serious fight to be preposterous, and this was before Bane even knew Kas'im's full capabilities with a saberstaff, much less with Jar'kai.

Not to mention Kas'im's speed is also very impressive, striking at ten times a second with a saberstaff, and striking even faster after switching to Jar'kai.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 12:55 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Kas'im sucks, he is obviously an extraordinary duelist.

All I'm saying is you can't logically say Kas'im > Dooku when you have a mountain of feats for one and a small section of a single novel, in which most of his skill is implied, not proven, for another.

Here's a question - do you think Kas'im beats Lsu in sabers only?
And what about if she's amped?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 02:05 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Unamped, yes.

Amp? No ****ing way.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 02:10 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Theres no way destroying the entrance archway alone could destroy the entire temple now. Not with the new size of it.

Not to mention, thats a load a bs anyway. Thats not what happened.

Cool story bro, Bane's nexus wave leveled the area Kasi'm was standing in i,e the archway. I know your reading comprehension is horrendous (like your debating ability), but that's what it says in the text

quote:
On the landing high above Kas’im stood beneath the massive arch of the Temple entrance, staring down at him.

I,e Your opinion doesn't gel with the text. You're full of poop like always.

quote:
It isn't just Bane saying he's the best. Why do people forget that Bane said that for a reason? He said that Kas'im had mastered all lightsaber forms and then spent decades perfecting every aspect of them, which naturally makes him one of the most gifted duelists in history and yes, maybe the most skilled ever.

And Bane is full of shit because Kas'im has no feats to back up his claim of being "one of the most gifted duelists" thumb up. You're comparing two different things kid, technical mastery doesn't make him a good duelist it makes him technically proficient. Kas'im has no dueling feats to support being a "Gifted duelist", and Bane's opinion is not an accolade/feat.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 08:30 PM