KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Nanatsu no Taizai

Nanatsu no Taizai
Started by: Esomark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markness

Aha! I had a feeling it was Dolor though he's called Balor by the octololi! He always felt giant-like but it turns out he's an ex-giant. We also learn where Hawk's Balor's Eye gets its name.

Having the blue demon attack Matrona's adopted kids was a pretty clever way to get her and Diane to head to the tournament.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 07:10 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

And here we thought prior to this chapter that he was giant sized by coincidence.

Yeah, though I wonder just that vision Diane had meant for the near future.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2015 06:15 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

His blueish skin tone in that color spread of the Ten Commandments also made him look like a djinn. Whether he was always like that or it was the result of him becoming a demon is unknown.

It could be a foreshadowing of his power the way it looked so dark. Also, since he's called Balor now and he's missing an eye, that hints his eye was used to make Hawk's amulet.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2015 02:57 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Given his age and unusual appearance for a giant, he might've always been a demon... but then again, giants have very long life spans and like you said, Markness, he may have physically changed due to other factors.

Yeah.

You know something, too? This one guy I watch every now and then on Youtube brought up an interesting point: the prophecy Merlin spoke of. 'monster with likeness of a mountain, three heroes fight it, hole is made in the earth?' Think it could've been referring to Balor? He's certainly huge and the way the author draws him, his skin has a rock-like quality to it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2015 06:45 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Got to wonder why they didn't just sick Escanor on the Ten Commandments. Not like they're hard to find, and they seemed pretty surprised by his a pale shade of his true power.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2016 03:50 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Because while he is powerful at his peak, it only lasts as long as it's daytime. And against all of the TCs plus their various commandments and magic abilities, even Escanor would have trouble. Even if the TCs combined somehow proved unable to beat him at his peak, all they'd have to do is stall until his power dwindles enough to really mob him.

Old Post May 20th, 2016 07:55 PM
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by danteiscool
Because while he is powerful at his peak, it only lasts as long as it's daytime. And against all of the TCs plus their various commandments and magic abilities, even Escanor would have trouble. Even if the TCs combined somehow proved unable to beat him at his peak, all they'd have to do is stall until his power dwindles enough to really mob him.

A sun spell sure would be handy, ala Oozaru artificial moon.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 22nd, 2016 03:47 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Hmm, maybe. But if such a thing is anything like his most recent 'power up,' then it'd only last a few seconds at best.

Old Post May 24th, 2016 04:21 PM
cdtm

So, Ban steps up. Not too sure how much he could do, considering he could barely stand against Galan.

I'm thinking the key here is Elizabeth. The party healer, essentially.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2016 12:34 AM
SSJGGogeta

Honestly, I still doubt they could beat him. Galan did about as well against Meliodas as Dolor and Gloxnia, so I'd put him around their level. And even a severely weaker version of Escanor was able to terrify him to the point of committing suicide.

The only factors here would be Meliodas' two siblings in the ten commandments, and I doubt even they could put up much of a fight against a full power Escanor.

Originally posted by cdtm
So, Ban steps up. Not too sure how much he could do, considering he could barely stand against Galan.

I'm thinking the key here is Elizabeth. The party healer, essentially.

He did way better than I expected, lol. laughing

Kinda curious about Elizabeth's role in this though. She's probably on the express lane to becoming Orihime 2.0. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 04:47 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

From what we can determine, the likes of Galan and Merascylla are fairly low class demons when it comes to the other TCs. Gloxinia and Dolor aren't even demons to begin with and we've only seen the others in action a bit. As things stand too, we still don't exactly know all of their commandments (especially Zeldris' and Estarossa's) and their exact magical ability so that could definitely swing things in their favor.

After all, as powerful as Escanor is at his higher levels, I doubt even he could simply shrug the effects of their commandments off.

Yeah, I was rather impressed with Ban too, though in the TC's defense, it's not like they did anything to stop his attempts until after Meliodas was dealt with... and in that case, Estarossa sure got rid of him pretty damn fast.

Dunno about that. Given her connection to the goddess clan... I can't help but shake the feeling that something big will go down with them thanks to her.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 02:46 PM
SSJGGogeta

From what we can determine, the likes of Galan and Merascylla are fairly low class demons when it comes to the other TCs. Gloxinia and Dolor aren't even demons to begin with and we've only seen the others in action a bit. As things stand too, we still don't exactly know all of their commandments (especially Zeldris' and Estarossa's) and their exact magical ability so that could definitely swing things in their favor.

After all, as powerful as Escanor is at his higher levels, I doubt even he could simply shrug the effects of their commandments off.

Yeah, I was rather impressed with Ban too, though in the TC's defense, it's not like they did anything to stop his attempts until after Meliodas was dealt with... and in that case, Estarossa sure got rid of him pretty damn fast.

Dunno about that. Given her connection to the goddess clan... I can't help but shake the feeling that something big will go down with them thanks to her.

Well Gloxinia and Dolor might not be demons, but they're still at TC level, for sure. They're included in the TC for a reason, lol. They both make Galan and Merascylla look like children. But I hadn't taken Zeldris' and Estarossa's magic abilities into consideration. It's very true that they could potentially swing the odds in their favors. I just don't see it doing much though. Escanor has shrugged off every magic ability that's been thrown at him so far, and he still hasn't even shown a fraction of his full power.

I doubt he could shrug off their commandments either, but I'd be willing to bet that he could fight within their stipulations and still win. And I WOULD bet that he could shrug off most, if not all of their magical attacks. If a weakened Meliodas could survive them, Escanor could probably do so without a scratch.

Yeah, Ban went crazy in this chapter. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I didn't expect him to be able to do anything except buy time, but outright KILLING Merascylla? That was something I wouldn't have expected in a thousand years. And yeah, obviously Estarossa got rid of him no problem, that was a given, considering how he manhandled Meliodas and shrugged off his revenge counter like it was nothing. But Ban definitely gets a golden star in this chapter, for hitting a home run in the major league, when he should have been swinging in the pee-wee division.

Yeah, that's what I mean. At this point, she's just the token healer of the group. Every series has at least one, these days. Dende, Orihime, Sakura, and Hachi just to name a few popular ones. Elizabeth's even worse though. She's got zero usefulness outside of healing people on occasion.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 07:31 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

True, but since they're not actual demons, they lack the regeneration they have as well as the advantage(?) of having 5-7 hearts. Again, a good point but also in the TC's defense, Merascylla's ability was a VERY poor match up with Escanor given his sunlight ability while we have no idea if Galan's commandment would've worked or not since Escanor had no reason to lie or feel tempted to break his agreement to play Galan's game. Frankly, as much as I like Escanor's OPness, we still don't know enough to judge any other capabilities he may have as far as magic and the commandments go.

Oh, no doubt given the difference between Meliodas' power level and Escanor's highest seen thus far. Still, if given time to rake up hits, Derriere's (butchered name, I think?) magic ability may eventually be able to harm him and iirc, their magic power is still running relatively low given they haven't consumed that many souls prior to this most recent chapter.

Yeah, mad props to him. Goes to show that there are ways to circumvent power level gaps, though not easily in the case of guys like Estarossa, which is understandable given he's the TC's top dog.

Not like any of them could outright revive people either though... and usually in the case of healers, it's not about them learning to fight or anything, but more like serving as something akin to a plot-device at times. Now what irks or amuses fans is how it's done so we'll have to wait and see what Elizabeth does in the future.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 03:10 PM
SSJGGogeta

True, but since they're not actual demons, they lack the regeneration they have as well as the advantage(?) of having 5-7 hearts. Again, a good point but also in the TC's defense, Merascylla's ability was a VERY poor match up with Escanor given his sunlight ability while we have no idea if Galan's commandment would've worked or not since Escanor had no reason to lie or feel tempted to break his agreement to play Galan's game. Frankly, as much as I like Escanor's OPness, we still don't know enough to judge any other capabilities he may have as far as magic and the commandments go.

Oh, no doubt given the difference between Meliodas' power level and Escanor's highest seen thus far. Still, if given time to rake up hits, Derriere's (butchered name, I think?) magic ability may eventually be able to harm him and iirc, their magic power is still running relatively low given they haven't consumed that many souls prior to this most recent chapter.

Yeah, mad props to him. Goes to show that there are ways to circumvent power level gaps, though not easily in the case of guys like Estarossa, which is understandable given he's the TC's top dog.

Not like any of them could outright revive people either though... and usually in the case of healers, it's not about them learning to fight or anything, but more like serving as something akin to a plot-device at times. Now what irks or amuses fans is how it's done so we'll have to wait and see what Elizabeth does in the future.

Not true. Gloxnia's regen is better than the demon clans, from what we've seen. He was able to use his Drop of life to instantly heal Merascylla, who couldn't even regenerate on her own, after being burned by Escanor's soul. The extra hearts thing is definitely a bonus, but Gloxnia could just vaporize Merascylla all at once, if they fought. It wouldn't happen that fast, but Gloxnia's DC is wayyyy higher than Merascylla's durability. My point is that Gloxnia and Dolor are roughly equal to all the commandments, other than Estarossa. And all of the commandments are above Galan and Merascylla. For now, we can safely say that Escanor would kill all the 10 commandments fairly easily, barring the only possible two contenders, Zeldris and Estarossa. And Zeldris would even be massively overwhelmed. Estarossa's the only REAL contender, and we still don't know the peak of his, or Escanor's strength. I could definitely see them ending up as equals at their full powers, tbh.

Mmh, I doubt it, honestly. Derriere's(you spelled it right, lol) magic only adds 100 tons of force onto each consecutive hit. Meaning that her strongest hit against Meliodas was 5,500 tons of pressure. Escanor is solidy twice as strong as Meliodas, even in the restrained forms we've seen him in. No one has taken 50 of Derriere's hits, according to Monspiet. I doubt that she could even keep her ability going for the 100+ hits it would take to hurt suppressed Escanor. At Escanor's peak, there's no way he'd let her land more than one or two hits, let alone the probably thousands of hits it would probably take to severely hurt him. And that's assuming she can even keep going that long herself. Which I severely doubt.

I don't think it shows that. To me, it just shows that Ban's snatch and hunter festival magic abilities are powerful enough to allow him to defeat enemies quite a bit stronger than he is. Because not only does it make him stronger, but it also makes his enemies as much weaker as it makes him stronger. Meaning Ban could be a 1, and his enemy could be a 20. If Ban can snatch 15 of that 20, it would make Ban a 16. But it would also make his enemy a 5, making Ban severely stronger than them, even though that person began 20 times stronger than Ban. I'm just using this as an example though, as Ban's ability doesn't really have a defined limit. However, yeah, Estarossa is obviously out of Ban's league. If Ban's a 1, and Estarossa's a 1,000, then snatching even 100 isn't gonna change Ban's situation, lol.

Well, Orihime revived Ichigo, the first time Ulquiorra killed him. But that's irrelevant. My point is that Elizabeth is the same typical, run-of-the-mill, healer-only character that we've seen in hundreds of series before. Using her as a plot device just seems wrong, when there are so many plot-device characters already, that simply refuse to use their brains. What's his face refused to teleport to Meliodas to retrieve him, when his common sense should have told him to just take Ban along, so that he and Meliodas could protect him from the 10 commandments. It would have been easy for him to teleport in, and take Meliodas and Ban back, before the 10 commandments even had a chance to stop him. It's not like they would have been able to figure out such a plan either. And why tf didn't Meliodas just flee, and then come back and fight them when Escanor and the other seven deadly sins worth a shit were with him? If they had all ganged up and fought together? Escanor would keep Estarossa at bay, and Meliodas/Ban/King could have killed the rest. Meliodas' revenge counter was enough to severely wound, or kill all of them at once, barring Estarossa. With King's disaster, that would have probably killed them all. And if not, it would have made them all weakened enough for Ban to kill with Hunter festival.

My point is that Elizabeth's part in all this i s essentially meaningless. All she's good for is healing, and she can't even do that when it counted the most. Now what are they gonna do, without Meliodas? As you said, Escanor can't beat them all before the sun goes down. He and Estarossa are probably closer to equals in the first place. Ban and King are useful, but they'd get dispatched immediately while Escanor was fighting Estarossa.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 05:50 AM
danteiscool

True, but what I meant was they both lack the natural regen (as in, they heal/regen on their own) of a demon, though Drop of Life is certainly superior in effectiveness as long as he doesn't use it all up for a time, as said in recent chapters. Power level wise, very true, though I'm still hesitant to say Escanor would smoke all of them (at less than their full power, that is). A shame we couldn't get their power levels during recent chapters, but perhaps once they've fully regained their magical energy, we'll get a read on how strong they really are.

Dunno, she possibly could. Demons are shown to have some pretty impressive stamina levels and Derriere (lol, glad to have spelled it right, then) being a TC should have admirable levels of stamina. The true challenge for her would be as you say: Escanor letting her hit him that many times. Given his pride, it's possible he'd let her land some hits up until he starts feeling a difference, but that's doubtful.

Heh, big time. Still, from the looks of it, it seemed like Ban bulked up even more from using it than when he did against Galan, so it's possible he managed to grab a lot more strength from Estarossa than he ever did against Galan... which only makes Estarossa that much scarier given how little it visibly affected him. Hell, his Fox Hunt pretty much bounced off of the man and only mangled his own hand! Given that Merascylla's power level is probably around Galan's (26,000 at the time), then it wouldn't surprise me if Estarossa's, given his feats thus far, is around Galan's Critical Over level.

Valid points, yes. It's up to the author now I guess to see if Elizabeth will break this particular mold. And as for that plan, it's because of the curse Greylord put on Meliodas; as long as it's active, Meliodas is pretty much chained to that place. We all saw him get teleported right back to his initial area when he tried to make a break for it, so I can't see how Gilfrost's (that's his name iirc) teleportation would've allowed him to break free of the curse. Not to mention that his teleportation takes a lot out of him. He only had about enough power left to send Ban over there and later Elizabeth, so if he'd gone as well, he'd be too tired to mount any real defense, especially given he seems to be around Gilthunder's level (around PL 2,000 give or take) vs. the TC's 5 digit PLs.

Indeed. So I'm going to take a guess here and say that during this 1 month skip, they've gone into hiding to train seriously or otherwise power up (Ban if recovered probably honing his techniques or getting his sacred treasure, King finally obtaining his fairy wings and the power boost that comes with it, Diane mastering that dance, etc.).

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 03:06 PM
SSJGGogeta

True, but what I meant was they both lack the natural regen (as in, they heal/regen on their own) of a demon, though Drop of Life is certainly superior in effectiveness as long as he doesn't use it all up for a time, as said in recent chapters. Power level wise, very true, though I'm still hesitant to say Escanor would smoke all of them (at less than their full power, that is). A shame we couldn't get their power levels during recent chapters, but perhaps once they've fully regained their magical energy, we'll get a read on how strong they really are.

Dunno, she possibly could. Demons are shown to have some pretty impressive stamina levels and Derriere (lol, glad to have spelled it right, then) being a TC should have admirable levels of stamina. The true challenge for her would be as you say: Escanor letting her hit him that many times. Given his pride, it's possible he'd let her land some hits up until he starts feeling a difference, but that's doubtful.

Heh, big time. Still, from the looks of it, it seemed like Ban bulked up even more from using it than when he did against Galan, so it's possible he managed to grab a lot more strength from Estarossa than he ever did against Galan... which only makes Estarossa that much scarier given how little it visibly affected him. Hell, his Fox Hunt pretty much bounced off of the man and only mangled his own hand! Given that Merascylla's power level is probably around Galan's (26,000 at the time), then it wouldn't surprise me if Estarossa's, given his feats thus far, is around Galan's Critical Over level.

Valid points, yes. It's up to the author now I guess to see if Elizabeth will break this particular mold. And as for that plan, it's because of the curse Greylord put on Meliodas; as long as it's active, Meliodas is pretty much chained to that place. We all saw him get teleported right back to his initial area when he tried to make a break for it, so I can't see how Gilfrost's (that's his name iirc) teleportation would've allowed him to break free of the curse. Not to mention that his teleportation takes a lot out of him. He only had about enough power left to send Ban over there and later Elizabeth, so if he'd gone as well, he'd be too tired to mount any real defense, especially given he seems to be around Gilthunder's level (around PL 2,000 give or take) vs. the TC's 5 digit PLs.

Indeed. So I'm going to take a guess here and say that during this 1 month skip, they've gone into hiding to train seriously or otherwise power up (Ban if recovered probably honing his techniques or getting his sacred treasure, King finally obtaining his fairy wings and the power boost that comes with it, Diane mastering that dance, etc.).

Yeah, I would've liked to see their power levels too.

Yeah, Escanor would put her down way before that anyways.

Nooo, I'd put Estarossa wayyy above Galan's overdrive. If he wasn't, then even suppressed Escanor could one-shot him.

I was saying before Meliodas was chained to the place.

Hm, good points. I forgot about those aspects of the characters. Ban and King could DEFINITELY become real contenders in the upcoming fight. I still wanna know though, how Meliodas is gonna come back. He's been gone for a month, lol.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 04:28 AM
danteiscool

It would certainly clear up a lot of questions about where they stand compared to Meliodas and Escanor.

Yeah. Now I'm just curious about what else he could do though...

Same here, but for the sake of things, I was just low-balling his PL a lot, if only because of how little of an effect Ban's Fox hunt had. In all honesty, I'd dare say his PL (at least at the time of him killing Meliodas) was probably in excess of Escanor's 50K PL at the time of him smoking Galan.

Ah. Even then, by the time he would've done that, he still would've been exhausted though. And before he could even think to teleport back with Meliodas, Greylord probably would've adjusted his curse to affect all of them, rendering it useless. Just a guess, though.

Big time, though by how much depends, I guess. I just want to know how exactly the likes of Merlin and Gowther will inevitably power up. Not to mention Merlin still lacking a body prior to the timeskip. As for Meliodas' return... well, seven hearts, seven sins, right? Maybe they'll figure out a way to make Elizabeth and the other 6 sins his 'hearts' or some other shonen-esque thing?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2016 08:09 PM
cdtm

Does Gowther need to power up? So far, her mind rewriting powers haven't been blocked, as far as I remember. And, she's kind of an enigma in most ways, down to her allegiance. I'd imagine she's hiding more cards up her sleeve than a dealer in a back alley Vegas casino..

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 12:31 AM
SSJGGogeta

It would certainly clear up a lot of questions about where they stand compared to Meliodas and Escanor.

Yeah. Now I'm just curious about what else he could do though...

Same here, but for the sake of things, I was just low-balling his PL a lot, if only because of how little of an effect Ban's Fox hunt had. In all honesty, I'd dare say his PL (at least at the time of him killing Meliodas) was probably in excess of Escanor's 50K PL at the time of him smoking Galan.

Ah. Even then, by the time he would've done that, he still would've been exhausted though. And before he could even think to teleport back with Meliodas, Greylord probably would've adjusted his curse to affect all of them, rendering it useless. Just a guess, though.

Big time, though by how much depends, I guess. I just want to know how exactly the likes of Merlin and Gowther will inevitably power up. Not to mention Merlin still lacking a body prior to the timeskip. As for Meliodas' return... well, seven hearts, seven sins, right? Maybe they'll figure out a way to make Elizabeth and the other 6 sins his 'hearts' or some other shonen-esque thing?

Oh, I wouldn't be too surprised if Estarossa was around 100k. And Escanor could probably only beat or contend with him at full power, at noon.

Well idgaf if he was exhausted, he could've saved Meliodas, lmao laughing He's the main character, ffs.

Well Merlin's magic seems like the type of thing that doesn't need powered up. I can imagine it would affect everyone the same way. I could be wrong though. I'd imagine her having some spell buffs though, like an RPG, lol. Gowther's memory abilities are similar, in that they can put anyone down, no matter how strong they are. And in theory, they could have just transplanted Ban's heart into Meliodas, and they both would have lived, lol. Ban would've just regenerated, and so would have Meliodas. In fact, it theoretically could make Meliodas immortal too. Since his implanted heart would probably regenerate infinitely.

Originally posted by cdtm
Does Gowther need to power up? So far, her mind rewriting powers haven't been blocked, as far as I remember. And, she's kind of an enigma in most ways, down to her allegiance. I'd imagine she's hiding more cards up her sleeve than a dealer in a back alley Vegas casino..

Gowther is a boy. confused

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 07:06 AM
cdtm

Yeah, I know. Kind of appropriate his power is mind screwing, given his behavior takes conventional gender lines, shoots it, hacks it up, and drops it in a vat of acid. (As it's usually not a boy who acts like Rei.)

But yeah, I know he's a he, and still slip up every now and again.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 04:51 PM