KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Nanatsu no Taizai

Nanatsu no Taizai
Started by: Esomark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markness

He looks like he's too thin for that coat but it's not totally an eyesore.
King also looks surprised at what he said. It is possible there is another way to revive Elaine but why would Ban have to leave the Sins if there was another way besides killing Meliodas?

I was hoping the anime would lead to more people discussing the series but it unfortunately hasn't. There are too many anime/manga fans on the internet who won't give anything a chance if it doesn't have Goku or Naruto or Ichigo in it. The Vs. section here makes that quite obvious.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 04:19 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Somewhat.

Like I said, perhaps he feels there is some kind of clue in the forest that he may have overlooked. And he still needs to deal with the goddess clan too...

Yeah. Speaking of which, the anime has been rather faithful to the manga so far. Small changes to some scenes aside, it's not bad at all, yes?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 11:41 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

I saw the raw and it looks like the other fairies aren't happy with King and are flocking to Ban instead.

It's a very good adaptation. I don't see why they had to change why Ban getting "shaved" by Jericho but it doesn't ruin it. I can't wait to see how they'll animate the encounter with Oslo, especially when Meliodas scares him off with the dragon illusion, and the Byzel tournament. What are you looking forward to seeing?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 05:22 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Just read it myself. Wow, that was quite a surprise. But I can't recall him ever planting the seed though. But now as fairy king, I wonder just what exactly he plans to do.

I'm mainly looking forward to seeing Ban's reencounter with King in addition to Meliodas going berserk against Helbram.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 10:30 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Dang it! They didn't animate Oslo! I guess they couldn't fit his scenes in with the flashbacks going on as well. Oh well, there's still some incentive to read the manga for those who haven't.

Fortunately, the anime is still faithful to the manga and the battle with Geera is going well. The bluish green color used for the crystals was also a good choice since it would've been too obvious to color them with a typical "death" color like purple.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 07:04 PM
danteiscool

To be fair, his lack of presence hardly affects the plot at all in the anime.

Yep. Now to just wait for them to reach the tournament arc.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 11:32 PM
Markness

That is true but I think it still would've been cool to see the part where Meliodas scares him off with the dragon head animated. There's still the Liones arc, though.

The tournament is starting up. The arc makes me recall the female wrestling episode in Outlaw Star since they both involved a species being banned from participating and the banned species sneaking in.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 08:13 AM
TheTyrant
Slaughterhouse

Caught up to the manga. Ban and King are the best Sins so far, but Merlin has that potential as well.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2014 09:41 PM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Esomark: guess only time will tell.

Really now?

TheTyrant: agreed. Ban and King seem to have the most character development out of all the sins after all, though Gowther is still new for the most part as is Merlin. And we haven't seen Escanor yet either...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 12:56 AM
Markness

danteiscool: Yeah, remember the episode where Aisha Clan Clan sneaks into the women's wrestling tournament since another Ctarl Ctarl caused a lot of trouble at a previous tournament? Aisha's method of getting in was a little different than Diane's, though.

TheTyrant: Merlin's already one of my favorite Sins, along with Diane, Meliodas, and Ban. Her teleportation magic and dispelling abilities will probably make her a really unfair opponent for any upcoming opposition.

Last edited by Markness on Dec 2nd, 2014 at 03:46 PM

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2014 03:39 PM
danteiscool

Hmm, I actually don't watch the series, but I am vaguely aware of it.

On another note... the latest episode is already kick starting the tournament arc... is it just me or does it feel like the anime is moving from one thing to the next in short order?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2014 01:11 AM
Markness

I want to read the manga of it but no one seems interested in translating it. Viz and another company apparently held the license to it but there have been no releases of it.

Yeah, they skipped when Veronica and Griamor tried to take Elizabeth back to the kingdom. I guess this is being done to encourage those who haven't read the manga yet to do so.

I read the latest chapter a while ago. Odd how these three Holy Knights are called the Six Stars of the Azure Sky unless that's a mistranslation or if there is something I am missing. The one called Dogget gives off a Kongou Banchou vibe, especially with his fashion style and his huge fists. That's another manga I would love to buy in English but only Viz can license it and they aren't going for it.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2014 05:26 PM
danteiscool

That's a surprise; most animes based on mangas usually have an English translation, either online or in stores.

Huh, probably. Considering the anime is going to be... about 24 episodes long(?), I guess it would make sense to compress it.

Yeah, an odd name for sure. And they're not quite as tough as they were built up to be. And on that note, I'd have thought Meliodas' battle level would be much higher than that...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:24 AM
Markness

It's especially odd considering the Tenchi Muyo! and various Gundam Wing mangas got officially translated and published. I guess I'll have to learn Japanese since no scan group has picked up where the last team left off.

Meliodas was probably holding back since he was hardly taking the fight seriously and Diane told him not to pick on Dogget too much. I do wonder what Merlin has up her sleeve since her power rating was quite high.

Some interesting plot points have come up in this chapter. Gilthunder knows a secret about Dreyfus that even Griamor doesn't know and a great calamity is coming to Camelot. I read an interview with Nakaba Suzuki and he said he wanted to make a manga where the reader wonders why the next chapter can't come sooner since that is how Suzuki felt about Dragon Ball. I believe he has done just that with Nanatsu no Taizai. I also really enjoyed Ultra Red and Kongou Banchou by him. I hope maybe if NnT sells more, those two mangas will get published here as well.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2014 04:18 PM
danteiscool

It would seem so.

A good point. I thought the same as well. In which case, it makes you wonder how high exactly his level is when he's really serious.

Mhm. Perhaps a reemergence of the demon clan? This new threat to Camelot certainly doesn't share any features with any other creature shown so...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 12:28 AM
Markness

No new fight yet but the new chapter wasn't a waste. That was a pretty shocking revelation to learn that Lord Dreyfus is really a demon. I didn't expect that at all. He also saved Hendricksen from death and he has all that he needs to unseal the demon tribe. Things are going to get chaotic soon.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2014 12:55 AM
danteiscool

Sure was. I honestly knew something was off, considering he did nearly kill Hauser and the other knights that took him into custody since he was supposed to have undergone a change of heart... but damn, didn't expect him to become a half-demon like Hendricksen did.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2014 06:24 PM
Markness

That silhouette of his demon form looked scary. His human form was already brutally strong but what he can do as a demon is probably greater. In some ways, I am glad Hendricksen wasn't killed off. I want to see a rematch between him and Meliodas with both of them at full power. I tend to think we'll see Chapter Black YuYu Hakusho and 23rd Budokai Dragon Ball level feats soon.

I posted a message on Kodansha Comics tumblr asking how well NnT is selling for them and they said the response was greater than they anticipated so they plan on "playing a longer game" with it. I wonder if this means they'll speed up the release schedule or if they will bring over related items to it. I'd like to own an NnT art book if one exists.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2014 06:41 AM
danteiscool

Possibly, given that Hendricksen was pretty badly injured prior to turning into a half demon and later a full demon. So him pulling a full recovery... well, I'm sure he'll be even stronger, that's certain.

Hmm, interesting. In that case, we'll just have to wait and see.

You know, you and I did discuss a bit some of the author's strongpoints with his manga and we left out one, I think: foreshadowing. I have a few volumes in English and reading them, I've discovered a number of things that have 'recently' occurred in the manga or are occurring now that were hinted at a very long time ago.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2015 05:37 PM
Markness

I've seen some of the color pages of NnT and they look really good so I'd love to get an art book of it if there is one out there. You don't see many anime/manga art books in the wild.

Really? Which parts?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 05:41 PM