KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Nanatsu no Taizai

Nanatsu no Taizai
Started by: Esomark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danteiscool

Too true. Only a few ever get that honor.

Back in about ch. 25 or so (when King rejoins the sins), Ban is drunk and asleep and he appears to be speaking to Elaine about how he planted it, with 'it' not being known at the time. Roughly 80 chapters later, we find out he planted a seed and restored the Fairy forest.

Back before even that (around ch. 2 or 3 when Meliodas and Elizabeth were in Vanya), the patrons of the bar spoke of Camelot and how the new king was really young. Then 50+ chapters later, Arthur makes his appearance as Camelot's young new king.

Then there's the book Dreyfus was reading back around ch. 30 or so and we completely overlooked that, of course. And there was also Hendricksen's commentary to Jericho and Twigo back when he offered them demon blood. Surely, in hindsight, it would make sense for him, the researcher of demons, to have partaken in the blood too.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2015 10:37 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Good work on pointing those moments out. There's more depth to NnT than some claim.

I am glad to see a new chapter after Suzuki took a break for the holidays. Hendriksen couldn't unleash all of the demons but the ones that did come through look like formidable opponents. The giant one with four arms looks like he could give Diane a run for her money and the small black-haired one with the demon mark on his forehead looks kind of like Meliodas so I have a feeling that there might be a connection between the two of them. It looks like Hendriksen may have lost his demon power since he looks human again and Dreyfus told him his "ash" has died away.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 06:18 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Thank you.

Indeed. On the note of Hendricksen, he may have lost the 'ash' power from the grey demon, but I suppose some of the red demon's power could remain deep within him. And yeah, this new guy looks like Meliodas, but with black hair and a different hair style. And on a second reading, it looks like one of the other guys looks like how Meliodas is shown on his wanted poster.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2015 10:23 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I thought his "ash" was referring to his demonic features while his "red" was him being a human but what you said makes more sense. And that one demon does indeed look like Meliodas as he was portrayed in the poster.

We're getting more new developments in the latest chapter. Gilthunder, Griamor, and Hauser are going on the journey that was being hinted at for a while now, Meliodas is preparing to take on the demons, Elizabeth loves Meliodas, and Diane's memories of her past with King came back to her.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 02:53 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Mhm. Wonder what that could mean... maybe he too is related to Meliodas in some way?

Yep. With these three on the move now, it makes you wonder just what will occur on their journey.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 09:50 PM
Markness

One thing I first thought was that each demon was an equivalent to the Sins but there are ten of them rather than seven. However, if you put the Sins and Hauser, Gilthunder, and Griamor together, you get ten opponents for the demons. One route I think would be interesting for Suzuki to take would be matching them in one on one fights similar to how a good number of fights in YuYu Hakusho went.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 04:14 AM
danteiscool

Possibly. But there's now way the demons are going to do things fairly; they will team up against others.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2015 10:39 PM
Markness

These demons are called the Ten Commandments (Although the translators are noting they can also be called the Ten Preceipts as well). Talk about taking artistic and literary license here. The churches I went to growing up would freak out if they saw them!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 07:12 AM
danteiscool

I know, right? Props to the author; I hadn't seen the title coming at all.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 10:08 PM
Markness

Gowther's getting even creepier. The way he and Geera are talking is like they have known each other for years when they have only been in a relationship for a short time now and I don't think I want to know what he plans on doing with Zeal. Zeal's no threat to him so why is he activating his power to him?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 09:07 AM
danteiscool

Yeah. And you know what? I think he's an out and out liar in general. Remember when he said he wore that suit of armor to keep his powers under control or something? Not once since his debut has he shown himself to lose control of his powers at all. I think the armor was meant to suppress his emotions/personality, because he sure as hell wasn't like this at first.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2015 09:21 PM
Markness

Good point there. Further more, Merlin called the pills she gave him spiritual power equalizing medicine. Without the medicine, his powers are getting overkill. Let's hope Diane can knock some sense into him.

Last edited by Markness on Jan 27th, 2015 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 03:17 PM
danteiscool

Yep. To think he'd be like this though... knew something was off when Guila first said she was in love, but damn. He lives up to his title as the Sin of Lust; he lusts for love and other human emotions.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2015 10:46 PM
Markness

I wonder how they'll wrap up the anime since there are multiple plot threads in the rescue arc. I hope they'll atleast keep in Diane's battle with the Holy Knights, the final fight with King and Helbram, and Merlin's debut.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2015 11:05 PM
danteiscool

I'm not sure. Given the changes they've already made... I'm honestly rather worried.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2015 01:39 AM
Markness

We didn't get a new chapter this week. sad However, Suzuki has yet to create a bad chapter so if we get one this coming week, it will make up for the wait.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but have you noticed that there are no fanboys of this manga? It may partly be because it's still relatively a new series but everyone I have encountered online who knows about it is pretty intelligent.
I honestly can't read certain mangas anymore because they have too many fanboys following them.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:17 PM
danteiscool

Just came out earlier today, actually. On that note, looks like this strange 'phase' that Gowther is going through is something that he seemingly doesn't want. There's much more to his nature than originally thought.

Isn't that a good thing though? No people overblowing the feats of the manga?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2015 09:25 PM
Markness

Yeah, he appears to be struggling with something so maybe he's not as creepish as we thought.

It's strange how that demon girl keeps saying "ass" and that Arakune looking demon says the Danafor crater is thirty thousand feet deep. Since Dreyfus said Meliodas did it in an act of rage, he must have used his demon power to do that.
Also, Elizabeth's dream is hinting that the demon who looks like Meliodas on the wanted poster is really that character instead of the Meliodas we are familiar with.

Well, yeah. Also, did you see my last match up?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 02:43 AM
danteiscool

It's still pretty worrisome that he's going through this kind of process. The fact that he seemingly has no control over it just makes it sad.

In all likelihood, yes. In which case, it makes you question if perhaps the demons had a hand in triggering his rage somehow. Granted, they were locked up until now, but still...

What was the match again? Mind's a little scattered right now...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 01:59 AM
danteiscool

And you know something? This just occurred to me, but remember how Dreyfus has had that demon inside of him for a long time now, taking over without his knowledge every now and then? Just occurred to me that this demon was the one that kicked Gowther out of his mind when he did his Nightmare stunt on him.

And on another note, it made me recall when Dreyfus slipped up and hit Elizabeth. Considering how Hendricksen needed to be alive to do the release spell for the demons... I couldn't help but think if maybe the demon MADE Dreyfus slip and miss.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 02:01 AM