KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Nanatsu no Taizai

Nanatsu no Taizai
Started by: Esomark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markness

quote: (post)
Originally posted by danteiscool
It's still pretty worrisome that he's going through this kind of process. The fact that he seemingly has no control over it just makes it sad.

In all likelihood, yes. In which case, it makes you question if perhaps the demons had a hand in triggering his rage somehow. Granted, they were locked up until now, but still...

What was the match again? Mind's a little scattered right now...

Merlin did make him that medicine after all but whatever he has in him seems to be stronger than his own mind.

Well, the fact Meliodas looks different on the wanted poster and Elizabeth had a dream about that figure instead of the Meliodas we know are some good hints that the Commandments played some sort of role in that event. The Commandments also seem both surprised and impressed by what they are seeing so they might not underestimate the Sins.

Ban vs. Younger Toguro.

Good observation there. I wonder if the demon could be extracted from him?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 03:35 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Sure seems that way. But at the same time, taking into consideration what he said after he was stopped... just what exactly is afflicting him? It almost seems like some kind of psychic takeover.

Possibly. Perhaps they simply weren't expecting that kind of destruction in the human world. And considering how powerful Meliodas is in a partially transformed state combined with how scared he seemed of the seal being broken, chances are they're much more powerful than even him transformed.

Ah right, that. Honestly not too sure. I might give the strength/durability advantage to Toguro, but Ban has regen and immortality, not to mention physical hunt...

Possibly. If it can get in him then surely it can come out.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 01:01 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Just caught up, and i must say that at this early, a lot of characters are monstrous. I mean Gowther and Merlin just got introduced and their abilities are pretty broken.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 03:03 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Yeah, NnT is pretty powerful for a relatively new shounen manga. But as I said in an earlier post, I like how the characters are already established warriors since it makes the story cut to the chase. The broken abilities also show the Sins can do more than just deliver brute force. They can really mess up opponents who aren't prepared.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 04:16 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Yep. And while they goof around a lot, they're pretty experienced warriors too, knowing how some abilities work from the get-go.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:26 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

The goofing around also usually catches their opponents off guard. The Commandments seem to have similar personalities so I can't wait to see how the fights with them will turn out.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:32 PM
danteiscool

Sometimes. They could've and should've taken down Guila when they first encountered her, but didn't until King drove her off.

I guess we'll find out.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:51 PM
Markness

This week's chapter was pretty weird, don't you think? Gowther is really a doll? WTF?!? Also, the way Meliodas blew off Elizabeth was really uncharacteristic of him as well, even if it was to protect her. To top things off, Merlin teleporting Hawk Mama into battle was just bizarre. But on the other hand, it shows what a fertile imagination Suzuki has.

Threader is a decent stand in for the Sins. His mask also makes me think of the Stone Masks from the first two parts of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 02:22 PM
danteiscool

I think him blowing her off that way is kinda natural; by acting like an uncaring jerk, he hopes she'll back off, though clearly it's not working. And yeah, wasn't expecting him to be a doll... though I suppose it makes sense considering his personality and strange inability to bleed.

Agreed.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 10:44 PM
Markness

Yet another awesome chapter! So, this golem, Great Beast Albion, is a leftover weapon used by the demon clan from the ancient war. Threader even states he can sense demonic energy coming from it and it awoke from dormancy around the time the Ten Commandments were unsealed. It was smart thinking on Merlin's part to set up a force field around the city but the yield of it sacrificed the strength of it since the golem destroyed it with three punches. Fortunately, Meliodas's Full Counter blew back its fireball. He breaks the sword from Liz freeing Arthur from the golem's grasp but Merlin throws him his Sacred Treasure. It's one really cool looking sword!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:11 PM
danteiscool

Yep! And now we'll finally be able to see Meliodas unleash his base form's full power!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:23 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Well i guess it's safe to say that the golem is screwed. So Merlin is steering (tk?) Hawk Mama while shielding the city and teleporting Meliodas. Pretty impressive. I do have this nagging feeling about her, i just can't pinpoint whether she's the most loyal or will soon be a traitor. Hope i'm wrong about the latter.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 07:38 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

I think she's loyal, just amibiguous.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 08:41 PM
Markness

I think a gaiden for her is in order here.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 06:59 AM
danteiscool

Possibly.

And new chapter out. Holy hell, Meliodas is an absolute beast with that sacred treasure of his!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 01:08 AM
Markness

Damn, he literally made sashimi out of the golem's arm! The cloning technique was quite a surprise as well. Seeing his Sacred Treasure in action didn't disappoint at all. Suzuki is quite good on delivering jumps in power.

WTF?!? There's another golem attacking the Fairy Forest?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2015 05:07 AM
danteiscool

Yep. Now just imagine him using some of his demon power on top of having his sacred treasure...

Honestly, I'm not too surprised by this second golem's appearance.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 01:35 AM
Markness

That's a damn scary thought to think about. That's probably the power that created the 30,000 foot crater.

Ban and King are going to have their work cut out for them against this golem. It looks like an Evangelion and probably is as tall as one.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2015 04:45 PM
danteiscool

Possibly. And chances are there have to be threats to Meliodas even when he is in such a state...

And more powerful than one too.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 08:37 PM
Markness

Despite being rejected by the other fairies, King still takes on the golem. Hopefully this will make up for his past with them. This opponent won't be easy since its casual swings are tearing up the forest and it can emit an energy beam from its mouth.

Wow, didn't expect that coming. Gerharde wants to use Ban as the new Fountain of Youth? That's pretty morbid.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2015 06:31 AM