KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Bojack Horseman

Bojack Horseman
Started by: Selphie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Bojack Horseman

Anybody checked it out yet on Netflix?

I've watched about half of the season so far and I'm really enjoying it.

A lot of big/interesting names are involved. Some of the voices include Will Arnett, Amy Sedaris, Aaron Paul, Alison Brie, and Paul F. Tompkins.

Other appearances include Patton Oswalt, Stephen Colbert, and Kristen Schaal.

It's basically about a washed up comedian/actor named Bojack Horseman, who starred in a 90's sitcom called Horsing Around. Which had flopped. So now he's an aging horse-man living in Hollywood, trying desperately to make a comeback by having a memoir written about his life. Hilarity ensues when he makes all the wrong decisions and his circle of friends try to intervene or exacerbate the issues.

It's interesting how the show incorporates some of the characters as anthropomorphic animals, while many of the other characters are normal human beings.

I would highly recommend it if you like dark humor.

(please log in to view the image)

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Sep 10th, 2014 10:49 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Sounds interesting.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I just finished all five seasons of this show, and I absolutely love it. It's hilarious, but it's also surprisingly deep. They touch upon some heavy topics, like depression, loneliness, addiction, and suicide. Very existential.

I rate it higher than Rick and Morty, which I also very much enjoyed.

Anybody else watch it?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 07:13 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’ve caught a few eps as my youngest watched it. Quirky!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 10:59 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Back in the 90's I was in a very famous tv show. I'm Bojack the horse, Bojack the horse, don't act like you don't know.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 04:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

too depressing for my taste. though I did like the animal people jokes and whatnots

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 09:49 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by staxamillion
too depressing for my taste. though I did like the animal people jokes and whatnots

The depressing stuff is part of it's charm.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 06:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

This show is genuinely fantastic.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2019 06:55 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Larin Delbink

Yeah I had no idea this was going to be so good when I first started watching it. Probably the best and most seamless blend of drama and comedy that I've ever come across. Easily my favourite of all the animated sitcoms.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 08:13 PM
Larin Delbink is currently offline Click here to Send Larin Delbink a Private Message Find more posts by Larin Delbink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Excellent TV show. Hits close to home.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2019 06:28 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote