KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker vs Satele Shan (Force Only)

Anakin Skywalker vs Satele Shan (Force Only)
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I sense much unnecessary hatred in you. erm

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
But the movies are the highest forms of canon....

So let me get this straight, the work of the creator of Star Wars - the movies, the highest freaking form of Canon are "Simply not eligible"...

The creator of SW also showed us the clear difference in the performance of Anakin and Obi-Wan against a more powerful foe- Count Dooku.

Not just in the live action movies, but also in TCW. Which also showed Anakin taking Force TK attacks from Dooku much better than Kenobi was ever able to.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:57 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I sense much unnecessary hatred in you. erm

Focus on the thread DarthAnt66, not on trying to troll me.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The creator of SW also showed us the clear difference in the performance of Anakin and Obi-Wan against a more powerful foe- Count Dooku.

Not just in the live action movies, but also in TCW. Which also showed Anakin taking Force TK attacks from Dooku much better than Kenobi was ever able to.

Yeah, i'm not arguing that. I'm saying that despite all of his lack of talent with the force, Obi-Wan was still able to match Anakin's power with his own - though whether that's attributed to them going all out or not is unknown to me. I'm in no way trying to lowball Anakin by the way, i'm just saying that, if they were going all out in that fight. It would explain the reason why Kenobi was able to stalemate Anakin. But again, this my opinion on this and I've already conceded to DarthAnt66.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I do think Fated has a point and that its clear that Anakin is not that much greater than Obi-Wan in TK even regularly.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Nephthys
I do think Fated has a point and that its clear that Anakin is not that much greater than Obi-Wan in TK even regularly.

No.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 02:57 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oooooooor yeeeeeeeessssss???

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah, i'm not arguing that. I'm saying that despite all of his lack of talent with the force, Obi-Wan was still able to match Anakin's power with his own - though whether that's attributed to them going all out or not is unknown to me. I'm in no way trying to lowball Anakin by the way, i'm just saying that, if they were going all out in that fight. It would explain the reason why Kenobi was able to stalemate Anakin. But again, this my opinion on this and I've already conceded to DarthAnt66.

Because Maul and Dooku were able to catch Kenobi off guard with TK doesn't mean that Kenobi has weak TK. In fact he is a legitimate powerhouse in that regard.

At 1:10 Kenobi casually breaks huge metal structure:

Kenobi stalemating Anakin in TK does not prove that Anakin had weak TK, only that they had equal skill of the application. Being the most powerful doesn't mean that you can overpower everyone else. Dooku is not Yoda's equal, yet, Yoda never ragdolled Dooku. Mace is not Sidious' equal, yet, Sidious did not ragdoll him. Yoda and Sidious can't have equal power, either of them was more powerful by some margin, yet, during their final struggle they were perfectly even. Luke is nowhere near as powerful as Abeloth, yet, she could never ragdoll him.

Anakin would eventually overpower Kenobi as he has much more Force reserves but Force explosion separated them.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Remember when Obi wan used a powerful Force Repulse to blow Durge apart? that was an impressive display of TK power

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:29 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by Arhael
Because Maul and Dooku were able to catch Kenobi off guard with TK doesn't mean that Kenobi has weak TK. In fact he is a legitimate powerhouse in that regard.

Kenobi stalemating Anakin in TK does not prove that Anakin had weak TK, only that they had equal skill of the application. Being the most powerful doesn't mean that you can overpower everyone else. Dooku is not Yoda's equal, yet, Yoda never ragdolled Dooku. Mace is not Sidious' equal, yet, Sidious did not ragdoll him. Yoda and Sidious can't have equal power, either of them was more powerful by some margin, yet, during their final struggle they were perfectly even. Luke is nowhere near as powerful as Abeloth, yet, she could never ragdoll him.

Anakin would eventually overpower Kenobi as he has much more Force reserves but Force explosion separated them.

Like i said, i'm not arguing that either of them is stronger than the other, I'm just saying that they Stalemated. When i said. "Kenobi's lack of talent with the force" i was saying it because that it is the consensus many users here on KMC have taken to. Um, unless i missed something, i don't think I even said or implied Anakin had a weak TK.

Also thanks for that Video, I forgot about that feat of his. thumb up

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Remember when Obi wan used a powerful Force Repulse to blow Durge apart? that was an impressive display of TK power

Wow, i completely forgot about that, Thanks for that Bantha. thumb up

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Satele.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Oooooooor yeeeeeeeessssss???

Or no. I doubt Kenobi could break the railings on this

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 06:45 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Wtshit is this? erm

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:55 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Or no. I doubt Kenobi could break the railings on this

(please log in to view the image)

Well he snapped the metal support for the crate in RotS so if he had a minute of full concentration like Anakin I'm sure he probably could.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 10:57 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Well he snapped the metal support for the crate in RotS so if he had a minute of full concentration like Anakin I'm sure he probably could.

It wasn't anywhere near a minute and it's not comparable at all. One's strong enough to hold up a building under the pressure of an ocean. The other's holding a crate. erm

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:01 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure it was over a minute tbh. And Anakin only broke ONE beam of ONE support strut and then it chain reactioned.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:11 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm pretty sure it was over a minute tbh. And Anakin only broke ONE beam of ONE support strut and then it chain reactioned.

Just watched it, it's not, and since it was the one in the middle, it's also the strongest. It's beyond anything Kenobi has ever down.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 11:47 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They're all made of the same material and all just as thick by the looks of things. So nah. It's hardly beyond Kenobi. At least not by much.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 12:14 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Still above anything Satele has shown. U mad?

The North Remembers

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Nah, because it's not. Satele could crush hex droids into balls with a gesture, which were stronger than durasteel, or easily blow through blast doors. Out of her prime.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 12:21 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Wait... when did she say she was out of her prime? Could someone get me the quote and name the source?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 12:31 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote