KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mara Jade vs Malgus (EvanNova95)

What do you think about EvenNova95's argument?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dawg be smokin dem rockz 5 71.43%
He's dead on 2 28.57%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mara Jade vs Malgus (EvanNova95)
Started by: red8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Like it or not I gave three good examples, where she fairs more or less as good as Luke and that's excluding example with Caedus. That's consistent enough. Obviously she is not as powerful as Luke, hence she doesn't have good TK feats but that doesn't make her any less lethal in combat.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 02:55 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Wow.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

(please log in to view the image)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Luke didn't beat Desann.
Kyle did.

Kyle better than Luke confirmed.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 03:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arhael
That she is in the same league as Luke.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by Arhael
Like it or not I gave three good examples, where she fairs more or less as good as Luke and that's excluding example with Caedus. That's consistent enough. Obviously she is not as powerful as Luke, hence she doesn't have good TK feats but that doesn't make her any less lethal in combat.

I also completely disagree with Mara being in Luke's league. I think Mara can outclass Luke in any type of espionage or other spy work, but in battle there is a drastic difference.

I view Mara's combat peers as being people like Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Saba Sebatyne, and many other Masters that I would place into the 2nd highest tier of Jedi, with the top tier consisting of the likes of Yoda, Luke, Mace, etc.

Refrencing your post involving Nyax: if that elevates Mara to Luke's level, does it also elevate Tahiri to Luke's level? Nyax outclassed all 3 of them.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
I also completely disagree with Mara being in Luke's league. I think Mara can outclass Luke in any type of espionage or other spy work, but in battle there is a drastic difference.

I view Mara's combat peers as being people like Kyle Katarn, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Saba Sebatyne, and many other Masters that I would place into the 2nd highest tier of Jedi, with the top tier consisting of the likes of Yoda, Luke, Mace, etc.

Refrencing your post involving Nyax: if that elevates Mara to Luke's level, does it also elevate Tahiri to Luke's level? Nyax outclassed all 3 of them.

It's all really opinion based. You put Luke, Mace and Yoda in the same league. Yet, we know that Mace is not as powerful as Yoda. And both Mace and Yoda are not as powerful as Luke. Easiest way to put Yoda and Windu in the same league is by comparing performance against Sidious. I did the same thing by comparing Luke's and Mara's performance against Nyax, Lumiya and Caedus.

Putting Mara in the same league with Kyle Katarn and Kyp Durron is plain wrong. Darkside Kyle on darkside nexus was unable to defeat Mara in combat. Caedus had no problem fighting Kyle with three other Jedi, while barely survived Mara alone.
Kyp Durron at best is on level with Kyle, or at least that's how Luke evaluated him in FotJ. And we know that Kyp is nowhere as good as Luke based on performance against Slayers.

As of Tahiri Veila, good point but, yes, that shows that she is a powerful Jedi too.
Years later she demonstrated quiet a few good feats. Like forming Force shield to block turbolaser bombardment like Caedus. When Abeloth tried to mind dominate her, she was able to resist. When Abeloth threw a head that exploded with dark energy, Tahiri blocked it with a Force barrier too.
While Tahiri was young, when she fought Nyax, she already had years of experience gained from Yuuzhan Vong war. Unlike normal wars, it was physical combat oriented, where she had to heavily rely on lightsaber combat skills. It makes sense that she reached her potential earlier than other Force users normally do. At one point she even survived huge explosion by forming Force barrier around her and that was before fight with Nyax, a weak Jedi would not be able to accomplish such impressive feat.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Mara and Kyle openly thought of themselves as equals.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 12:52 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Mara and Kyle openly thought of themselves as equals.

And Luke thought Jaina to be equal of anyone in the Order, hence made her a Master. Thinking doesn't help here. smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 01:01 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

She totes was doe.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 01:56 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote