KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Council Fight: NJO vs CW

Council Fight: NJO vs CW
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Council Fight: NJO vs CW

NJO vs Clone Wars, council fight!

The grand masters, Luke and Yoda, sit this one out.

Kyp Durron
Saba Sebatyne
Mara Jade
Jaina Solo
Jacen Solo
Corran Horn
Kyle Katarn
Kam Solusar

Vs

Mace Windu
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Plo Koon
Shaak Ti
Agen Kolar
Saesee Tiin
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Kit Fisto

How do things turn out?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 01:42 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

NJO.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 01:48 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Not sure hmm

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 02:02 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
NJO.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 02:54 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Katarn and Saba are arguably superior to any of the duelists of the TCW team, Caedus stated he'd have a difficult time with Saba in a fight.

quote:
Jacen could defeat his mother or Ben without trouble; Saba, with difficulty.

Source: Legacy of the Force: Fury

I think Q or Newguy stated she defeated Corran in a match, was faster than Ben Skywalker, beating Kenth Hamner. She's a formidable duelist and likely above Tiin, Fisto, Ti, Kolar and easily Mundi.

Katarn is somewhere between Kenobi and Koon in terms of skill, I have him marginally above Koon but slightly beneath Kenobi.

Assuming Jacen defeats Windu (which he can), Kenobi falls to him next or Saba and Katarn pick off the next best duelists down the list.

Mara is superior to Fisto, Jaina vs Ti could go either way, Corran may or may not lose to Kolar, and I'm not sure who would win between Mundi and Kam

Overall assuming NJO can manage with losing Corran and Kam I think they have a shot. I think they can do this for a majority

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:36 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

NJO.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Agen Kolar
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto

are fodder. Fight is horribly one-sided.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

NJO win.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

NJO has only Luke as a heavy hitter while CW has Yoda + Mace, and trump card as a Obi-Wan

Kyp
Kyle
Jaina
Jacen

These are very good, but still the presence of Mace and Obi-Wan leans me toward to the CW team,

It can go either way.
Originally posted by Arhael
Agen Kolar
Saesee Tiin
Kit Fisto

are fodder. Fight is horribly one-sided.

Why ? Because Sidious blitzed them ?

Kit Fisto didn't get any speedblitz though, he deflected 3 attack and in the book he did more than that.

Kit, Saesee and Kolar have good feats. Ki-Adi Mundi should be the weak link here, then Shaak Ti follows.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:26 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Re: Council Fight: NJO vs CW

Originally posted by Marco1907
NJO has only Luke as a heavy hitter while CW has Yoda + Mace, and trump card as a Obi-Wan

Originally posted by Q99
The grand masters, Luke and Yoda, sit this one out.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Saba is superior to most of the CW duelists apart from Kenobi, Windu, and arguably Plo.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:42 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by carthage
Saba is superior to most of the CW duelists apart from Kenobi, Windu, and arguably Plo.

I would put him between Plo - Kit,

and if Tiin and Kolar can deal with his speed, they can deal with him as well.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:47 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Kyp
Kyle
Jaina
Jacen

These are very good, but still the presence of Mace and Obi-Wan leans me toward to the CW team,

Three of which are superior to Windu and Kenobi... Add on Saba and Mara and it's quite clear that this is a very lopsided fight.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:53 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I would put him between Plo - Kit,

and if Tiin and Kolar can deal with his speed, they can deal with him as well.

How can you put "him" between Plo and Kit when it's clear you know nothing about the character?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:55 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don't necessarily think Kyp is fully superior to Kenobi, but yeah he can most likely ragdoll him.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:55 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

How can you put "him" between Plo and Kit when it's clear you know nothing about the character?

Lol.

Who said I don't know her ? Being faster than Ben, fights evenly with Welk, Corran Horn and being better duelist than Kent. These are good feats but not ''most impressive''

edit* = grammar mistake

Last edited by Marco1907 on Sep 13th, 2014 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 07:02 PM
ares834

Lol.

Nice use of the Wookiee... And yet, it's still clear you know nothing about "him".

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 07:05 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Lol.

Nice use of the Wookiee... And yet, it's still clear you know nothing about "him".

I edited my message smile

I use to debate with ''male'' characters so sorry about that.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 07:06 PM
Raptor22

NJO pretty solidly

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by carthage

I think Q or Newguy stated she defeated Corran in a match,

They were in a high-level spar but I don't think there was a clear winner.

Notably, Corran was using his saber at 3 meters in length in the duel, while Saba used two blades. Horn has the trickiest saber in the mythos, he can adjust the length mid-fight.

quote:
beating Kenth Hamner.

And while Hamner's not high tier, he did pretty easily KO two knights right before taking on Saba.

I was considering tossing him in on the NJO side and someone like Adi Gallia or Even Piell on the CW side... but the fight was big enough as-is and obviously they aren't going to be the deciders when there's so many heavy weights around.

Really I titled it council vs council, but it's more 'the top half of each council.'

Last edited by Q99 on Sep 13th, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote