KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
Sour grapes, eh Thorbag? LOL.

Bottom line: Superman whipped the blonde sissy's ass.

DEAL.
People Bada has already mentioned that we don't use crossovers as evidence and so have I. I will close this thread if it continues to get ignored.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:40 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sorry 'Jak.

embarrasment

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:43 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm not. The crossover is canon!!!

There. Close it!!!!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:49 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm not. The crossover is canon!!!

There. Close it!!!!
Darksaint before that post you haven't posted in this thread for 12 days.

You haven't even been a part of the crossover discussion.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 05:07 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
That's not what happened snake-eyes. But you've been in denial for ten years now, why stop now.

smile

It was a decisive win and Busiek pretty much hit it on our head that even with mjolnir Thor had no chance of winning in a CQC fight. He made it clear in the deluxe hardcover version of JLA/Avengers that Superman was more powerful than Thor.
Busiek even said on his own board the fight could have went either way. The fight and the dialogue clearly supported that as well, sport.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 10:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Newjak

Go ahead and message me if they continue with the crossover. I will promptly temp ban them.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 11:15 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, it's ok for Thor fans to use handbooks but if a Superman fan uses JLA/Avengers they get banned... Gotcha.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:04 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

So, it's ok for Thor fans to use handbooks but if a Superman fan uses JLA/Avengers they get banned... Gotcha.

Listen,

This phucking thread is about DCNU Superman vs Thor in h2h only, with speed equalized no expression

It has NOTHING, LITERALLY NOTHING to do with the crossover or preboot Superman.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:06 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You could have just looked at the rules thread.

quote:
No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:08 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
You are still as worthless as ever it seems.

thumb up

I guess that's a no. thumb up

As the saying goes, concession accepted.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:09 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 01:17 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

You should spend less time making faulty comparisons, and more time reading the rules.
Originally posted by Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format
No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

Comics released strictly online or on web sites will not be considered proof in the Comic Book Versus Forum.

An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats. Neither is a random post by a supposed writer on a message board, blogs, tweets, etc. There have been too many of these so called interviews which go against what's shown on panel. Especially when there is no dialogue to refute what's happening on panel. Most writers are clear with the intentions of the plot and story arc.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

Anyway, cross-overs are not used as proof here.
I'm going to assume you now realize how wrong you were and accept the rules as stated. thumb up

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 01:19 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

....Shoko?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 01:30 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17

So you went from worthless to quan-lite?

Not surprised in the least.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Badabing
Go ahead and message me if they continue with the crossover. I will promptly temp ban them.
Sounds good to me.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:41 PM
shadowknight

Sounds good to me.
So basically when you are losing a basketball game, you cry to referee to stop Shaq from squoring on you because he's too tall to block. Gotchaa!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:54 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by quanchi112
Busiek even said on his own board the fight could have went either way. The fight and the dialogue clearly supported that as well, sport.
That's BullSh** I read over 100 pgs in the DC site where KB was answering fans question concerning JLA/Avengers nowhere does he state what you claim.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:59 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by shadowknight
So basically when you are losing a basketball game, you cry to referee to stop Shaq from squoring on you because he's too tall to block. Gotchaa!
No it is more of the fact people had been told about the rules of the thread and are choosing to ignore them.

Thus temp bannings which Bada can do or thread closings something I can do could be needed.

So your analogy should go more along the lines of one of the players is deciding to not dribble the ball while they move around, has been warned and refuses to comply with the rules. So you either stop the game or eject the player.

If you have any more questions on the rules feel free to PM me.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Oct 1st, 2014 at 03:17 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 03:07 PM
DarkSaint85

Doesn't matter!

This thread is poison.....

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 03:34 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote