KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Good.

I have. Thor wasn't depowered and Grog is only class 30. Even half strength Thor is stronger than Grog.

Lulz.

Claiming and doing something is different.

Why waste my time if all you have are out of context scans?
Backed down.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 02:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Never before have I witnessed such denial of Thor's martial prowess.

Abhi refuses to stand up to peer review because he knows that he will be found lacking.

The best he can do is stick his head in the ground and claim that if there is no direct analogy to the Superman/Wraith fight, then Thor has never beaten someone stronger than him using skill.

Lord knows what his argument would've been last week.
Originally posted by Badabing
You're a Norwegian who lives in Japan. That makes no sense. We can't trust a word out of your mouth!

Thor's been to Japan

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 02:40 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
I looked it up now.

Balder mentions half, but the comic makes it seem a lot more serious...
Stripped me of my godly strength
http://imgur.com/p6dj9fu

Shorn of his godly powers
http://imgur.com/4oinOqd

Mortal I may be
http://imgur.com/eF1iBtH

Such an act would leave him defenseless
http://imgur.com/erP3i3h

So don't talk about half of his strength :/

Seriously? Balder tells outright that Thor's strength is halved but you take random narration from Thor instead? Which came one issue earlier? And pray tell me how a powerless Thor could shatter chains that Warriors three couldn't?

Originally posted by carver9
So you're saying he put the ring on and took it back off? We never seen him put it back on tbh.

No, he took it only when he beat Wraith up. The ring played no part in the fight itself as explicitly stated by Superman.

Originally posted by carver9
Also, it doesn't matter when he put it on, the ending result matters. We don't know if Superman would have got the defeat if he didn't use the ring in the end.

Hahahaha, Superman beat the shit out of Wraith and had him on his mercy. GTFO.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 03:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Seriously? Balder tells outright that Thor's strength is halved but you take random narration from Thor instead? Which came one issue earlier? And pray tell me how a powerless Thor could shatter chains that Warriors three couldn't?

The 'narration' was from both before and after no expression

It also doesn't matter what Balder says in one instance, when he clearly states that he has the power of Thor, which is backed up by narration, Thor's own statements and the statements of Sif.

It was also made very clear that Thor was weaker than Grog when he beat him.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 03:40 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Pulling Midgard Serpent a pretty impressive strength feat.

(please log in to view the image)

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 03:49 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Let's get another thing straight also.

Bearded Thor is almost exclusively Hela-cursed Thor.

The first thing he did after he recovered from his injuries was to shave off the beard. He didn't appear as cured until 2 months after his fight with Wonder-Man, and the issue where he fought Wonder Man was published a week before the issue curing him was. Both being published September 1987.

Regardless, Wonder Woman taking it to Thor hand 2 hand is not a testament to Thor's poor fighting ability but to the sheer strength of Englehart Wonder Man , who considered Simon Thor's equal or superior in pure strength.

Also, phuck Abhi for trying to call me on this stuff when all he's doing is purposely lying to sow doubt.

Thanks Estacado

Last edited by krisblaze on Sep 14th, 2014 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 05:25 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I also looked up Thor 500 again.

There is 1 troll being killed by 7 humans and 1 asgardian.

Thor kills another troll on his own, and then several frost giants later no expression

Yeah, Thor beat some trolls which humans did and when he beat the frost giants he removed Ravenseye from the world tree which restored his power.

erm

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 07:14 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Yeah, Thor beat some trolls which humans did and when he beat the frost giants he removed Ravenseye from the world tree which restored his power.

erm

It was clear that his power wasn't really restored until he grabbed the sword/mjolnir flew back to him.

And the one troll was beat by 7 humans and 1 asgardian.

Here, first he fights some frost giants with strange;

http://imgur.com/uYBsguE
http://imgur.com/NuTN3BI

Then later is his power restored;
http://imgur.com/1iRdjgZ

Thanks Estacado

Last edited by krisblaze on Sep 14th, 2014 at 07:23 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 07:18 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Let's get another thing straight also.

Bearded Thor is almost exclusively Hela-cursed Thor.

The first thing he did after he recovered from his injuries was to shave off the beard. He didn't appear as cured until 2 months after his fight with Wonder-Man, and the issue where he fought Wonder Man was published a week before the issue curing him was. Both being published September 1987.

Regardless, Wonder Woman taking it to Thor hand 2 hand is not a testament to Thor's poor fighting ability but to the sheer strength of Englehart Wonder Man , who considered Simon Thor's equal or superior in pure strength.

Also, phuck Abhi for trying to call me on this stuff when all he's doing is purposely lying to sow doubt.

The injury was noted to be healed before that issue in Avengers. In fact Thor was in liquid state since Thor 380 which was published two months ago. If you're using chronology as a proof, Thor should've been a puddle and wearing the destroyer armor.

And Thor had long been wearing his armor to keep his bones intact as noted in Assault on Olympus. No such armor was seen in WCA annual.

Just the second part of that story arc had Hyperion beat the living phuck out of Simon. Abomination controlled by Tyrannus beat the living shit out of Simon under Englehart.

erm
It was clear that his power wasn't really restored until he grabbed the sword/mjolnir flew back to him.

And the one troll was beat by 7 humans and 1 asgardian.

Here, first he fights some frost giants with strange;

http://imgur.com/uYBsguE
http://imgur.com/NuTN3BI

Then later is his power restored;
http://imgur.com/1iRdjgZ

In that scene with Frost Giants, a human Dr. Strange is ragdolling Frost Giants and Thor is throwing rocks at them. And I misremembered the sequence of the power up. Sorry about that.

Where the phuck is the skill showing? Those are some weaksauce frost giants if strange can throw them around with just his human strength which he did just one page earlier.

erm

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 08:25 AM
krisblaze

The injury was noted to be healed before that issue in Avengers. In fact Thor was in liquid state since Thor 380 which was published two months ago. If you're using chronology as a proof, Thor should've been a puddle and wearing the destroyer armor.

And Thor had long been wearing his armor to keep his bones intact as noted in Assault on Olympus. No such armor was seen in WCA annual.

Just the second part of that story arc had Hyperion beat the living phuck out of Simon. Abomination controlled by Tyrannus beat the living shit out of Simon under Englehart.

Your smileys are very cute, they do little to strengthen your argument.

Thor was in liquid state then, but the beard was removed immediately after. Unless Thor grew a new beard instantly and then dropped it for his encounter with the Celestials (which happened immediately after his body was restored by hela), then it's Thor with the curse. Simple as that.

So what? Englehart still thought Simon was around Thor's equal in pure strength, and the fight has nothing to do with Thor's poor hand to hand skills. If anything, it's just a desperate attempt to lowball. I believe you've been warned about that previously smile

In that scene with Frost Giants, a human Dr. Strange is ragdolling Frost Giants and Thor is throwing rocks at them. And I misremembered the sequence of the power up. Sorry about that.

Dr.Strange ani't ragdolling shit, you phucking liar.

Thor has the frost giant blinded with the rope and pulls at it whilst Strange pulls the rope tied to his leg.
Where the phuck is the skill showing? Those are some weaksauce frost giants if strange can throw them around with just his human strength which he did just one page earlier.

Strange wasn't throwing anyone around. The one Frost Giant was tripped.

Later Thor attacks/moves around and chokes one of the other Giants.

These are the skill showings. When he fought the trolls he dodged, parried and used his agility to beat them. Similar feat with the Frost Giants.

If you want to continue this flat-out denial, you can look at what Superman's doing against Wraith..

And you've still be challenged to battlezone this. Stand up to a phucking peer review for once, instead of weasling around here in your own fantasy world.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 09:22 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Your smileys are very cute, they do little to strengthen your argument.

Thor was in liquid state then, but the beard was removed immediately after. Unless Thor grew a new beard instantly and then dropped it for his encounter with the Celestials (which happened immediately after his body was restored by hela), then it's Thor with the curse. Simple as that.
Not really. Thor's bones were healed in Thor 382, he removed his beard in Thor 386. There is too much indeterminate betwen the issues. And if his bones were broken, where is his armor? Which he was shown wearing since Avengers 277? And his brittle bones were noted in Avengers 276. None of that was noted in WCA Annual 2.

And you're wrong, Thor grew a beard since Thor 362, not to hide his brittle bones but to hide the scars on his face.

quote:
So what? Englehart still thought Simon was around Thor's equal in pure strength, and the fight has nothing to do with Thor's poor hand to hand skills. If anything, it's just a desperate attempt to lowball. I believe you've been warned about that previously smile
Really? Thor got manhandled and where were his skills?

quote:
Dr.Strange ani't ragdolling shit, you phucking liar.

Thor has the frost giant blinded with the rope and pulls at it whilst Strange pulls the rope tied to his leg.
That's what we say ragdolling.

erm
quote:
Strange wasn't throwing anyone around. The one Frost Giant was tripped.

Later Thor attacks/moves around and chokes one of the other Giants.
I forgot the skills of Thor where he was around someone's neck while Ulik was attacking it.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quote:
These are the skill showings. When he fought the trolls he dodged, parried and used his agility to beat them. Similar feat with the Frost Giants.
LOLWUT? I would give you that he showed some skills against the trolls, but against frost giants? Lulz.

quote:
If you want to continue this flat-out denial, you can look at what Superman's doing against Wraith..
He is flat out beating the shit out of someone stronger and faster than him by a huge margin? Without being touched once?

quote:
And you've still be challenged to battlezone this. Stand up to a phucking peer review for once, instead of weasling around here in your own fantasy world.
Yeah, DCnU Superman has like 100 comics. Thor has close to 2000 issues. Just an unfair amount of issue gap. But its like talking to rage, he always goes around to make challenges against characters with too few appearances and backs down when he got challenged by someone who had more appearances. How about a BZ involving preboot superman and Thor for skills?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 12:25 PM
krisblaze

Not really. Thor's bones were healed in Thor 382, he removed his beard in Thor 386. There is too much indeterminate betwen the issues. And if his bones were broken, where is his armor? Which he was shown wearing since Avengers 277? And his brittle bones were noted in Avengers 276. None of that was noted in WCA Annual 2.

And you're wrong, Thor grew a beard since Thor 362, not to hide his brittle bones but to hide the scars on his face.

The beard was gone in 385, first apperance after he was healed. Avengers was 1 week prior to that. 383 was a flashback and 384 was about dargo. Not indication of their passing any time.

They wouldn't need to specifically note it. He has a beard.

I never claimed that he grew the beard to hide his brittle bones? That makes no sense.

Really? Thor got manhandled and where were his skills?

Manhandled? get off the phucking lowball.

Thor had Simon on his back, Simon punched him twice and sent him down the hill. Thor stood up immediately and lightning'ed him no expression

Every incident of Thor using other means than hand 2 hand is not a direct proof of him not having hand 2 hand skills... I'll call in a mod or take you to BZ with that poisonous line of reasoning.
That's what we say ragdolling.

You were implying that they weren't strong before Strange somehow dominated them physically. He and Thor worked together to trick him. Thor even says
"I pray Strange remembers this move..."
I forgot the skills of Thor where he was around someone's neck while Ulik was attacking it.

This is a lie.

Ulik specifically mentions that Thor saves him.
Fighting for the safety of Ulik...

He is flat out beating the shit out of someone stronger and faster than him by a huge margin? Without being touched once?

How do we know that Wraith was stronger once he lost his other powers?

I'm not impressed by Wraith punching into Superman's cape and not being able to free himself.

Yeah, DCnU Superman has like 100 comics. Thor has close to 2000 issues. Just an unfair amount of issue gap. But its like talking to rage, he always goes around to make challenges against characters with too few appearances and backs down when he got challenged by someone who had more appearances. How about a BZ involving preboot superman and Thor for skills?

So DCNU has much higher consistency then, and has the benefit of being DC's flagship character. And you try to pull this appearance bullshit. Thor uses a hammer in combat. Obviously he's not going to flip around his opponent and hit their pressure points. That doesn't mean he's not skilled, it means that he uses a different fighting style than ****ing flying Superman and Bruce Lee. How many appearances do you think Thor that can respond to your specific demands? Where he's unarmed and fighting someone more powerful than him.

I'm trying to get you to stop this phucking toxic debating-style you've got going here.

High-school shit where you deny everything and concede nothing, even though things are clearly stated on panel. You didn't come here to find common ground or have an open debate. You started this thread with a clear purpose in mind, right after DCNU Superman had his first 'skill' showing without any intention of actually listening to the opposition.

Nevermind the fact that we both came to the same conclusion here. You made this thread purely to try and deny whatever skill advantage you knew people perceived Thor to have over DCNU. You came in here with an agenda, and that agenda was not a fair and open debate. You came in here to lowball and deny feats, while desperately clinging on to this week's Superman showing.

I won't take preboot Superman vs Thor in unarmed skill, because I think preboot Superman is more skilled than Thor in unarmed combat.

But I'll take preboot Superman vs Thor in a fight.

I'll even take DCNU Superman vs Thor.

Or the original challenge, DCNU Superman vs Thor in unarmed skill.

The ball is in your court, step up to the battlezone or step the phuck down like the craven little child we all know you are.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 12:45 PM
riv6672

KRISBLAZE:
Look at abhi's initial responses. I read them yesterday and its obvious he didnt want a debate.
He already had a clear answer in mind. This was just an opportunity for him to talk up his pet hero by bashing Thor.
The sheer amount of times he's done this is evidence of pathological, obsessive, behavior.

-shrug-

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 01:37 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The beard was gone in 385, first apperance after he was healed. Avengers was 1 week prior to that. 383 was a flashback and 384 was about dargo. Not indication of their passing any time.
And he had the beard in 386 which was shaved by a troll. Go figure.

quote:
They wouldn't need to specifically note it. He has a beard.
That could mean anytime from Thor 362 to Thor 374.

quote:
I never claimed that he grew the beard to hide his brittle bones? That makes no sense.
What the? Then why mention the beard? It had nothing to do with the brittle bones, the armor was an indication of that.

quote:
Manhandled? get off the phucking lowball.
Thor's full power divebomb didn't even took off simon off his feet. Who then quite literally goes on to manhandle Thor untill he falls back to mjonir.

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/...hor212az0fa.jpg

quote:
Thor had Simon on his back, Simon punched him twice and sent him down the hill. Thor stood up immediately and lightning'ed him no expression
And who overpowered Thor from a lying position.

erm

quote:
Every incident of Thor using other means than hand 2 hand is not a direct proof of him not having hand 2 hand skills... I'll call in a mod or take you to BZ with that poisonous line of reasoning.
Eh, its just a reminder that Thor has difficulty taking down even people as strong as himself. Nevermind stronger.
quote:

You were implying that they weren't strong before Strange somehow dominated them physically. He and Thor worked together to trick him. Thor even says
"I pray Strange remembers this move..."
Which he did. But carry on.

quote:
This is a lie.
Nope.

quote:
Ulik specifically mentions that Thor saves him.
Fighting for the safety of Ulik...
After that. Because Ulik was depowered as well. But clinging from the neck is a show of skill too?

quote:
How do we know that Wraith was stronger once he lost his other powers?
Because Superman explicitly states that Wraith only lost his exotic powers.

quote:
I'm not impressed by Wraith punching into Superman's cape and not being able to free himself.
Seriously? Because you might've forgot Superman beating the shit out of him at that point.

quote:
So DCNU has much higher consistency then, and has the benefit of being DC's flagship character.
He has jobbed to look other characters look god for over a year now.
quote:
And you try to pull this appearance bullshit. Thor uses a hammer in combat. Obviously he's not going to flip around his opponent and hit their pressure points.
And that doesn't means he has to fight like an idiot 99% of the time.
quote:
That doesn't mean he's not skilled, it means that he uses a different fighting style than ****ing flying Superman and Bruce Lee. How many appearances do you think Thor that can respond to your specific demands? Where he's unarmed and fighting someone more powerful than him.
Like 90% of his fights with hulk? You can go to ODG's respect thread and find out how many times he isn't using his hammer?

quote:
I'm trying to get you to stop this phucking toxic debating-style you've got going here.
Really?

quote:
High-school shit where you deny everything and concede nothing, even though things are clearly stated on panel. You didn't come here to find common ground or have an open debate. You started this thread with a clear purpose in mind, right after DCNU Superman had his first 'skill' showing without any intention of actually listening to the opposition.
Not really. I have done this exact thread on herochat six months ago.

quote:
Nevermind the fact that we both came to the same conclusion here. You made this thread purely to try and deny whatever skill advantage you knew people perceived Thor to have over DCNU. You came in here with an agenda, and that agenda was not a fair and open debate. You came in here to lowball and deny feats, while desperately clinging on to this week's Superman showing.
Quite a conspiracy theorist, aren't you?

quote:
I won't take preboot Superman vs Thor in unarmed skill, because I think preboot Superman is more skilled than Thor in unarmed combat.
eek!

First Thor fan to admit that. You got balls, I'll give you that.

quote:
But I'll take preboot Superman vs Thor in a fight.
In a BZ? I am busy over next two-three weeks. But after that, sure.

quote:
I'll even take DCNU Superman vs Thor.

Or the original challenge, DCNU Superman vs Thor in unarmed skill.
Superman doesn't has enough appearances right now.

quote:
The ball is in your court, step up to the battlezone or step the phuck down like the craven little child we all know you are.
Slow down there quanchi-lite.

erm

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 12:58 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I am calling that Abhilegend will back down like he did against my Earth 22 Superman battlezone. He said he would and then weasel end his way out of it. So he will accept but won't ever follow through which is the worst kind of backdown.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 01:20 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Right, I didn't count 385 as a flashback-issue.

Regardless, Avengers came out before he was healed.

Thor's showed great skill in some of his hammerless Hulk battles.

Superman claims it's a fair fight. So we assume it's fair, and that they're equal.

Not enough appearances? You seem fully convinced. Why wouldn't the things that have convinced you, convince others?

2 weeks then. I'll gather the judges.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 02:12 AM
riv6672

Might actually follow this one if it happens.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 05:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

So does the board reset after awhile to a default Superman > Thor physically? I mean i did prove Thor to be magnitudes Stronger and god forbid someone say the Gorr feat was a strength feat for Gorr because that automatically becomes a durability feat. I mean we could argue the brainiac ship but it kinda seems to be missing context for alot of people so I'll spell it out: Ships are Hollow and planets aren't infact planets are Super Dense.

I'm sure this post will be skimmed over and forgotten but honestly Nerfing Superman's speed puts him at a distinct disadvantage vs most HH and this is no different.

Thor wins

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Last edited by pym-ftw on Sep 15th, 2014 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 06:38 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by pym-ftw
So does the board reset after awhile to a default Superman > Thor physically? I mean i did prove Thor to be magnitudes Stronger and god forbid someone say the Gorr feat was a strength feat for Gorr because that automatically becomes a durability feat. I mean we could argue the brainiac ship but it kinda seems to be missing context for alot of people so I'll spell it out: Ships are Hollow and planets aren't infact planets are Super Dense.

I'm sure this post will be skimmed over and forgotten but honestly Nerfing Superman's speed puts him at a distinct disadvantage vs most HH and this is no different.

Thor wins

Yeah, this particular post will be ignored...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 06:48 AM
krisblaze

So does the board reset after awhile to a default Superman > Thor physically?

Seems like it, but it's not something I mind. I believe Superman to be stronger, just not a better fighter.

Thor wins

I agree, but this isn't a regular fight versus Thor with equalized speed.

It's purely hand to hand.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 15th, 2014 07:30 AM