KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Thor

Superman vs Thor
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

Breaking Into Comics is canon (Thor's story anyways), there's no discussion to be had. It was shown to be canon and part of Thor's history in the the Official Index to the Marvel Universe: Thor omnibus. If that's not enough, the writer of that story himself confirmed it was canon a while ago.

It was a one-shot with a collection of stories and yes, some took place in alternate Universes, but they were specified as being such.

And doubting Orlog being 4 times stronger then Thor is silly when he was Odin of all people in disguise. 3 years later, and the same argument that's been shot down countless times is being brought up...it's sad.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 07:44 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToughMind

Thor.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 07:54 PM
ToughMind is currently offline Click here to Send ToughMind a Private Message Find more posts by ToughMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Breaking Into Comics is canon (Thor's story anyways), there's no discussion to be had. It was shown to be canon and part of Thor's history in the the Official Index to the Marvel Universe: Thor omnibus. If that's not enough, the writer of that story himself confirmed it was canon a while ago.

It was a one-shot with a collection of stories and yes, some took place in alternate Universes, but they were specified as being such.

And doubting Orlog being 4 times stronger then Thor is silly when he was Odin of all people in disguise. 3 years later, and the same argument that's been shot down countless times is being brought up...it's sad.

thumb up

As if confirmation from the head of that Marvel project wasn't enough.

I swear it's like talking to a child, but all he does is close his eyes and stick out his tongue while going "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah... I'm not listening..." sad

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 07:59 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
The head of the project stated "In-Continuity" stories. That New Mutants story was a particularly what-if instance. The fact that it specifically described the setting as a different universe makes it clear. It's still canon for its universe isn't it?
The head of marvel said Marvel The End is non canon. Would you believe that?

quote:
Come on Abhi your a smart guy... Read between the lines.
I know you're not. But can you at least try to pretend to be one?

quote:
Now where in this fight shows no skill involved? You are talking out of your anus.

(please log in to view the image)

Yeah, he leaped and punched. That's it. The finishing blow was when he punched that axe to his face.

quote:
Oh btw Thor found out years later that it was Odin who he beat in combat that day wanting to teach him a hard lesson.
So in other words, the whole expression about "being four times stronger" was just a lie? Is that what you are trying to say? Because when Orlog was just a disguise anything associated with him was a lie too.
quote:
So basically he disguised himself as a warlord with strength that quadrupled Thor's. With Odin's strength level as Orlog coupled with countless millennia of battle experience, makes the feat that much more impressive. Four times or not, he was above Thor physically when Thor admitted to himself that he was outmatched.
Are you trying to say that thor beat Odin in combat?

We've seen odin casually curbstomp Thor.

quote:

I will remember your argument the time any Superman vs Odin thread comes.

smile

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 02:26 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Not sadder than you hounding Kevin Grievoux on facebook. That was sad on a whole another level.

erm

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 02:30 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

thumb up

As if confirmation from the head of that Marvel project wasn't enough.

I swear it's like talking to a child, but all he does is close his eyes and stick out his tongue while going "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah... I'm not listening..." sad
It is very sad but no one takes him seriously at all. He's cried context one too many times while ignoring it.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 02:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

This is just laughing out loud Now Abhi's argument is Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way is non-canon?Low balling yet when Superman gets low balled, he cries foul.Here's confirmation that Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way is canonical.

BTW, the 2 scan Abhi posted only proved that Thor refused to accept Mjolnir from Odin since he felt he was too dependent on it.And in 1, it was years later when Thor found out that Odin was Orlog.Odin is good in teaching Thor a lesson.Nice proving Thor has hand to hand skills that is superior compared to DCNU Superman.Until we see DCNU Superman w/o powers and able to handle some random Thugs or beat a Grizzly Bear w/o powers, Thor still makes DCNU Superman an amateur.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:40 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Igniz
This is just laughing out loud Now Abhi's argument is Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way is non-canon?Low balling yet when Superman gets low balled, he cries foul.Here's confirmation that Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way is canonical.

Ok, I concede that its canon.

quote:
BTW, the 2 scan Abhi posted only proved that Thor refused to accept Mjolnir from Odin since he felt he was too dependent on it.And in 1, it was years later when Thor found out that Odin was Orlog.Odin is good in teaching Thor a lesson.
So all of it was just a lesson? Nice job destroying your own arguments.
quote:
Nice proving Thor has hand to hand skills that is superior compared to DCNU Superman.
Hahaha.
quote:
Until we see DCNU Superman w/o powers and able to handle some random Thugs or beat a Grizzly Bear w/o powers, Thor still makes DCNU Superman an amateur.
That's one of the most laughable claims I've ever seen. Why is beating random thugs even mentioned as skills? Hal Jordan oneshotted a bear too. Here is Superman outright restraining H'el through skills.

H'el had to teleport away to escape Superman. That's three skill showings beyond what Thor has done. Beat a being equal to himself via skills while weakened, restrain a being far stronger than himself and outright beat a being someone far stronger than him.

But BEEEEEEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Lulz.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:22 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'm glad this page exists. smile

With Thor fans themselves using handbooks to prove an event is canon or not, I think it's high time we reverse the mod ruling of JLA/Avengers.

thumb up

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 08:42 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

How does Thor beating Orlog prove he'd beat Odin or have any bearing on Odin curbstomping Thor?

Just so incredibly dumb.

Orlog was a skilled commander who was around four times stronger then Thor. He just happened to be Odin in disguise, which gives his status legitimacy (Not that it would be questioned if it was Superman). That in no way means that Orlog's strength was the cap to Odin's strength.

Celehy, if anyone ever does bring up this idiotic argument in another thread, just post Superman's fight as Gangbuster in response. Because apparently regulating power is a concept beyond some unless Superman is being lowballed.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Not sadder than you hounding Kevin Grievoux on facebook. That was sad on a whole another level.

erm

Typical. You couldn't just concede you were wrong and shut up?

Also, why are you lying for? You do realize I posted the conversation right?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 10:38 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

How does Thor beating Orlog prove he'd beat Odin or have any bearing on Odin curbstomping Thor?

Just so incredibly dumb.

Orlog was a skilled commander who was around four times stronger then Thor. He just happened to be Odin in disguise, which gives his status legitimacy (Not that it would be questioned if it was Superman). That in no way means that Orlog's strength was the cap to Odin's strength.

Celehy, if anyone ever does bring up this idiotic argument in another thread, just post Superman's fight as Gangbuster in response. Because apparently regulating power is a concept beyond some unless Superman is being lowballed.

Typical. You couldn't just concede you were wrong and shut up?

Also, why are you lying for? You do realize I posted the conversation right?
Because its a lesson Odin was trying to teach Thor and Thor never actually beat him? Odin just stopped fighting. And all that rumor of "Orlog" being four times stronger than Thor? How can those be true if "Orlog" didn't actually exist? It was just a disguise Odin created for himself.

And Superman as Gangbuster was an alternate persona he created for himself unknowingly and thus suppressed his powers. Odin was deliberately trying to teach Thor a lesson.

Like you have ever shut up or even concede after being proven that you were ****ing wrong.

And I know what you did. But running to a writer to ask questions is just a sad attempt.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 12:51 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Because its a lesson Odin was trying to teach Thor and Thor never actually beat him? Odin just stopped fighting. And all that rumor of "Orlog" being four times stronger than Thor? How can those be true if "Orlog" didn't actually exist? It was just a disguise Odin created for himself.

And Superman as Gangbuster was an alternate persona he created for himself unknowingly and thus suppressed his powers. Odin was deliberately trying to teach Thor a lesson.

Like you have ever shut up or even concede after being proven that you were ****ing wrong.

Yeah because Odin is not the lord of a race of warrior gods and gives kind lessons to them especially his sons.

sad

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 01:20 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

And I know what you did. But running to a writer to ask questions is just a sad attempt.
You were proven wrong.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 03:14 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Ok, I concede that its canon.

Finally.

So all of it was just a lesson? Nice job destroying your own arguments. Hahaha. That's one of the most laughable claims I've ever seen. Why is beating random thugs even mentioned as skills? Hal Jordan oneshotted a bear too.

Oh the denial.

Here is Superman outright restraining H'el through skills.

http://i.imgur.com/W3DLKOh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fy2kuu6.jpg

H'el had to teleport away to escape Superman. That's three skill showings beyond what Thor has done. Beat a being equal to himself via skills while weakened, restrain a being far stronger than himself and outright beat a being someone far stronger than him.

Thanks for breaking the page btw.

Anyways, I can't believe you're passing off these scans as a sign of "fighting skill". First the denial... Now it's desperation...

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:28 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Philosophía

With Thor fans themselves using handbooks to prove an event is canon or not, I think it's high time we reverse the mod ruling of JLA/Avengers.

thumb up

Cool. Then first thing you can do in return is admit the fight goes as it was portrayed in that crossover. I.e. Superman beats Thor with Incredible Difficulty. And clearly unable to dodge all of Thor hits or speed blitz him thumb up

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 08:07 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Finally.
Unlike you I can accept that I've been wrong.

quote:
Oh the denial.
Oh the hilarity.

quote:
Thanks for breaking the page btw.
You're welcome.

quote:
Anyways, I can't believe you're passing off these scans as a sign of "fighting skill". First the denial... Now it's desperation...
Yeah, concession accepted. Its your stock option for "I don't have any counter so I will just blabber something."

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 11:29 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Unlike you I can accept that I've been wrong.

Oh the hilarity.

You're welcome.

Yeah, concession accepted. Its your stock option for "I don't have any counter so I will just blabber something."

Still waiting for you to add something substantial to your case.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 04:28 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Philosophía

thumb up

thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:14 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Cool. Then first thing you can do in return is admit the fight goes as it was portrayed in that crossover. I.e. Superman beats Thor with Incredible Difficulty. And clearly unable to dodge all of Thor hits or speed blitz him thumb up

Regardless of how "difficult" Superman said beating Thor was he still won without using his speed at all. He one-shotted his ass from a sitting down position. LOL.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:18 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Superman caught Mjolnir and one punched Thor, I can't believe its taken 9 pages to get to this very simple answer, Superman beats Thor easy on his worst day.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:59 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote