KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Avengers -Vs- Superman

The Avengers -Vs- Superman
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
DD is as fast as Superman (combat wise), probably faster. Going 100 times the speed of light is irrelevant since it doesn't tell you how long it took to reach that speed. Can Gladiator go 100 times the speed of light in the first few nanoseconds, or within battle distance? I think not. Darkseid is very fast too.

Prove that Doomsday is as fast as Superman.

He flew 100 times the speed of light instantly.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:30 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Speed in itself isn't enough. This team would literally need to stand there and allow themselves to be defeated for one Superman to solo. You would think no one on the Avengers side has ever encountered superspeed before going by some of the comments.
no one on the team has encountered Superman level speed and did well against it. Superman could literally hit every member on the team faster than a flash.

With that said, speed isn't even the biggest issue here. It's Superman's reactions. It will be hard as hell for anyone on the team to land a decent attack on Superman with him having reactions like that (nano and picosecond reactions). If he wanted, Superman could literally see them frozen in time and easily avoid their attacks.
Now I'm not saying that a single superman would beat the team, but that a single superman would be hell to them in a forum setting.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:15 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Avengers

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:25 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

no one on the team has encountered Superman level speed and did well against it. Superman could literally hit every member on the team faster than a flash.

With that said, speed isn't even the biggest issue here. It's Superman's reactions. It will be hard as hell for anyone on the team to land a decent attack on Superman with him having reactions like that (nano and picosecond reactions). If he wanted, Superman could literally see them frozen in time and easily avoid their attacks.
Now I'm not saying that a single superman would beat the team, but that a single superman would be hell to them in a forum setting.

They kicked the ass of Korvac.
superman is a joke compared to him

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 10:07 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Of course they have. Gladiator, Sentry, Silver Surfer, Northstar, Quicksilver Etc. Marvel has plenty of speedsters who have moved ftl or approaching it.

No one in this thread other than Iron Man and possibly Blackbolt (only because I haven't seen many speed showings from him) would be "frozen" in time when they possess incredible speed themselves. Also having fast reactions doesn't mean you can't be touched, unless of course Superman is only going to focus all of his attention on not being hit without actually engaging.

"Forum" Superman is the same as "comic" Superman except there are no civilians to save, no collateral damage to worry about, and no monologuing during fights. Superman doesn't use his speed to anywhere near the level you have suggested - in comics so he isn't going to here.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 10:28 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by RealityWarper
They kicked the ass of Korvac.
superman is a joke compared to him

I feel like you're a sock or something, but whatever stick out tongue

Korvac only lost because of Carina.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 10:43 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Funny how you're completely ignoring my points. I just gave you my answers and you come up with no proper response. Oh and they did not merely "jump".
Haha, seriously?
quote:
They used a chariot drawn by beasts capable of traversing light years in mere moments. erm
And the fact that the pillar was shown to be just not far enough and Thor shouting over Bill to toss the hammer means it was lightyears away?

quote:
Smh... Fine, let's play your stupid game. Since you are pressing so hard for this faulty reasoning, you tell me how Thor can communicate with Bill. Let's take your scan.
The same way characters do in space. But I don't see characters talking from lightyears away though.

quote:
Since we see the demons as mere specs to the portal, how in the world can Thor even communicate with Bill if by looking at your scan would still out them quite a bit apart? Let's play your "literal" game and come up with answers.
(please log in to view the image)
Where in the world are you coming with specks?

huh

quote:

laughing out loud
Right on cue. When all else fails, lowball.. Smh..
Haha, this is just laughable.

quote:
No one's evading here, but you. Don't worry when it comes to you it's to be expected..

Erm.. erm
Lulz. Pathetic.

quote:
Continue to ignore scans. Just because he isn't at some parts of the arc doesn't mean he never was. Do you not know what tier he is?
Are you sure you weren't drunk when you typed this? Have you ever hears of a word called Hyperbole? Look it up. Seriously, Korbinites were looking up at Surtur in the very same pic and they were not shown as much smaller than what Thor looked against Surtur later in the arc.

Overpowering gray hulk?
eek!

quote:
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/More%20Thor/Avengers-Seeason-One-HC-pg-074_zpsdc8592ad.jpg
And now lifting up Hulk is a strength feat?

quote:

Kurse was outright stated to be more than twice as strong as Thor in the very first page and it was noted that it was Thor's stubbornness which was having him in that strength lock and then Thor used mjolnir and lifted Kurse from behind.

erm

You aren't even trying at this point.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 03:23 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaiden
Black Dynamite's Second

Spectrum can literally solo as she can just drain the solar energy from each and every Supes.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:29 PM
DarkRaiden is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaiden a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Spectrum can literally solo as she can just drain the solar energy from each and every Supes.

And Superman can't resist his energy being drained because of what actually? A quick sonic burst would KO her actually.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:32 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Haha, seriously? And the fact that the pillar was shown to be just not far enough and Thor shouting over Bill to toss the hammer means it was lightyears away?

No. Don't ask dumb questions. I brought up the chariot because you are portraying as if they are a jump away from each other. It can easily wisk them great distances. No one is saying they are light-years away.

The same way characters do in space. But I don't see characters talking from lightyears away though.

laughing out loud
Stop evading now. You want to go literal, lets do literal. How can Thor call out to Bill if they would have still been very far apart going by your scan.

Where in the world are you coming with specks?

Look again and examine the panel where Thor is leaping out of the chariot. Don't play dumb and say you can't see demons portrayed as specs relative to the portal. It will only make you look even more ridiculous.

Haha, this is just laughable.

If you want to concede just say so. Your lowball attempts are old and tired.

Lulz. Pathetic.

Read above.

Are you sure you weren't drunk when you typed this? Have you ever hears of a word called Hyperbole? Look it up. Seriously, Korbinites were looking up at Surtur in the very same pic and they were not shown as much smaller than what Thor looked against Surtur later in the arc.

Continue to ignore scans.

The core of Bill's galaxy explodes and from the explosion, an ingot of star stuff is left behind.

Surtur's size is immense.

"Sound of thunder reverberates throughout a billion billion worlds!"

"The smith is a star breaker."

"A figure who dwarfs the stars.."

"The echoes of his blow ring across the cosmos..."

Overpowering gray hulk?
eek!
Get your facts straight first. That version in Hulk's timeline was snatched not far from the night he turned into the Hulk as per Zarrko the Tomorrow Man. Savage Hulk was originally grey colored.
laughing out loud

And now lifting up Hulk is a strength feat?

Uh you asked for examples of overpowering. They grappled, but Thor broke free and overpowered him. Pretty clear to me. I know you're lowballing again because you have no answer so just stop.

Kurse was outright stated to be more than twice as strong as Thor in the very first page and it was noted that it was Thor's stubbornness which was having him in that strength lock and then Thor used mjolnir and lifted Kurse from behind.

You aren't even trying at this point.

Wow the lowballing of this guy is beyond belief.
Reall stubbornness?? Smh..

It was stated also that Kurse was further augmented beyond precise calculation.
Thor was able to stalemate him in a lock and broke the grip when he thought Jane was in danger.
There goes that dynamic strength of his again.

Btw iirc, you used to downplay this feat by claiming Kurse was simply choking him instead of them in a strength lock.

laughing out loud
Pathetic...

Accept it and move on..

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 30th, 2014 at 07:42 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:32 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Of course they have. Gladiator, Sentry, Silver Surfer, Northstar, Quicksilver Etc. Marvel has plenty of speedsters who have moved ftl or approaching it.

No one in this thread other than Iron Man and possibly Blackbolt (only because I haven't seen many speed showings from him) would be "frozen" in time when they possess incredible speed themselves. Also having fast reactions doesn't mean you can't be touched, unless of course Superman is only going to focus all of his attention on not being hit without actually engaging.

"Forum" Superman is the same as "comic" Superman except there are no civilians to save, no collateral damage to worry about, and no monologuing during fights. Superman doesn't use his speed to anywhere near the level you have suggested - in comics so he isn't going to here.
of course they haven't. Read my post again. Naming characters is irrelevant. Name specific feats where a character was moving at Superman level speeds and members of this team was able to react and counter it.

Having superspeed doesn't mean you can't be a statue. That's not sound logic. A bullet is a statue to light speed. Yet a bullet time reactions is faster than most members reactions on the team.

It's not about fast reactions, but seeing the team in slow motion or as statues.
Superman doesn't have to try very hard here. No one is fast enough on the team to react to Superman. superman doesn't even have to let them attack if he doesn't want them to. He could just hit all of them before anyone of them can act.

Superman is the fastest being in comics besides the flashes. He has bazillions of feats using his speed and reactions, including measuring things in the picosecond range. More speed feats than anyone minus flash. Catch up on his feats.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:36 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

LOL at abhilowball smile

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:51 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL at abhilowball smile

thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 01:18 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

No. Don't ask dumb questions. I brought up the chariot because you are portraying as if they are a jump away from each other. It can easily wisk them great distances. No one is saying they are light-years away.
So no answers of the question. Good.

quote:
laughing out loud
Stop evading now. You want to go literal, lets do literal. How can Thor call out to Bill if they would have still been very far apart going by your scan.
Far apart from my scans? You hit your head today?

quote:
Look again and examine the panel where Thor is leaping out of the chariot. Don't play dumb and say you can't see demons portrayed as specs relative to the portal. It will only make you look even more ridiculous.
Wut? That's just a normal way of showing a continuous stream of something. Now I have to tell you how art is done too?

quote:
If you want to concede just say so. Your lowball attempts are old and tired.
Heh, so is your apologetic BS. But it has never stopped you before, so why stop now?

quote:
Read above.
Objection, I don't read BS again.

quote:
Continue to ignore scans.
Continue to whine some more.

quote:
Get your facts straight first. That version in Hulk's timeline was snatched not far from the night he turned into the Hulk as per Zarrko the Tomorrow Man. Savage Hulk was originally grey colored.
laughing out loud
Haha, you are dumb and ignorant as well? Savage wasn't gray, Banner first turned into Gray hulk as per continuity.

quote:
Uh you asked for examples of overpowering. They grappled, but Thor broke free and overpowered him. Pretty clear to me. I know you're lowballing again because you have no answer so just stop.
So you can't comprehend too? Thor used mjolnir against Kurse who was stated to be twice as strong as Thor. How can you overpower someone twice as strong as yourself? Even Rage wouldn't go that far.

quote:
Wow the lowballing of this guy is beyond belief.
Reall stubbornness?? Smh..
Your apologetic BS is ****ing insane.

quote:
It was stated also that Kurse was further augmented beyond precise calculation.
Thor was able to stalemate him in a lock and broke the grip when he thought Jane was in danger.
He broke the grip, that's it. Wonder Woman once grappled with someone five times stronger than herself. It doesn't means she is five times stronger than herself.
quote:
There goes that dynamic strength of his again.
This quanchi junior here.......

quote:
Btw iirc, you used to downplay this feat by claiming Kurse was simply choking him instead of them in a strength lock.
That's how ODG's scans were scanned. Not my fault.

quote:
laughing out loud
Pathetic...

Accept it and move on..
Yeah, your apologies for thor are quite pathetic. I agree on that.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:15 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Silent Master
LOL at abhilowball smile

Hi snake-eyes. Still sore at JLA/Avengers?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:16 PM
Darth Thor

Hi snake-eyes. Still sore at JLA/Avengers?

Reported.

Just Kidding laughing

But you do say "Reported" a lot. Even though it's probably you who should be reported.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 1st, 2014 at 03:01 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 02:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Reported.

Just Kidding laughing

But you do say "Reported" a lot. Even though it's probably you who should be reported.
thumb up

He is a crybaby who calls for mod help.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 03:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Reported.

Just Kidding laughing

I don't report people unless they are carver.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 04:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
This guy is on point.

He claimed Hulk could solo 5 Supermen by himself and you feel that is "on point" ? I'm assuming all these Supermen just happen to forget about 90% of their powers then, yes? That is the only way the Hulk by himself beats even one Kyrptonian, let alone 5.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 02:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

laughing out loud

Incorrect. The savage Hulk has never been grey - always green. The only time this has been disputed was in the Hulk: Gray mini-series by Loeb, which is outright contradicted by numerous other stories and as far as I can tell is non-continuity.

The Hulk immediately after the initial exposure to the gamma bomb (i.e. the one pulled out of time by Zarrko) was gray - this was the same gray Hulk who resurfaced after Incredible Hulk #324, i.e. "Joe Fixit." The savage Hulk manifested shortly thereafter.

The Hulk that Thor overpowered in the Avengers: Season One story was very much the smaller, weaker gray Hulk.

Cheers.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 03:49 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote