KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs. V&V Despero

Thanos vs. V&V Despero
Started by: KuRuPT Thanosi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Despero wins but he will have a fight. Physically he is above Thanos, energywise Thanos should top him. Thanos has the better energysoak, Despero the better blunt force durability.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 05:32 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
What makes you believe that he isn't more powerful than Despero? Look at what Lord Mar-Vell did to the cadre of Herald level characters. And then look at how easily Thanos was handling Lord Marvell. With Mar-Vell's showing against the group that he was punking, it could be said that he would just as easily deal with the group that Despero did as well. Not to mention that it has taken less to take Despero down. One showing can go several ways, which also includes statements to raise certain characters stock. Here's a hint... Gladiator.

Which one of those characters that Despero trashed are capable of taking multiple hits from a Cosmic Cube and getting back up? Judging by the damage they took in that particular instance, none of them come to mind.

I see where you're coming from.
Sadly, Despero isnt the pet of a big name writer, like Thanos is, so his feats are few and far between.

My point is really, Despero was owning Superman in those scans.
One, i believe Superman could take those cosmic cube hits, and two, i believe Superman/Thanos is a good fight on its own.
So, Despero while not having Thanos' power set, is hardly outclassed in this fight.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 05:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by riv6672
Sadly, Despero isnt the pet of a big name writer, like Thanos is, so his feats are few and far between.

One, i believe Superman could take those cosmic cube hits, and two, i believe Superman/Thanos is a good fight on its own.
So, Despero while not having Thanos' power set, is hardly outclassed in this fight.
talks nonsense and hasn't read any comics featuring Thanos in.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 06:18 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Despero wins but he will have a fight. Physically he is above Thanos, energywise Thanos should top him. Thanos has the better energysoak, Despero the better blunt force durability.

No he doesn't Despero is less durable in all areas, his energy projection is inferior, his intellect is inferior, he isn't a cosmic Avatar favored by an Abstract being, he would have little effect on Thanos' mind when you consider what Thanos' mind has been through, and how even when being dichotomized, had the ability to remain relevant, and survive the experience. Despero isn't hitting as hard as Odin, Tyrant, Galactus, Omega, a Cosmic Cube, or IG Magus. Despero's magical abilities are inferior as well, as his ability to heal himself. I've always read you sticking with the versatility argument... Well it's time that you remembered what drives many of your arguments. Thanos is superior in every way.

Thanos would turn Despero into salt brother. This isn't a fight, it's a slaughter.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:27 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I agree with Leo, people are selling Thanos a bit short here.

Thanos is no Powergirl and his energy power output is more impressive than anything Despero tanked in that comicbook. Overall Thanos is more impressive and more complete of a fighter.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Stoic

Thanos would turn Despero into salt brother. This isn't a fight, it's a slaughter.

No worries, we cant agree on everything...thumb up

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 08:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

No worries, we cant agree on everything...thumb up

That's cool, but Despero would have about as much chance of beating Thanos as he would of beating Darkseid. None. He'd wreck Mongul for sure, but Thanos is a different creature altogether. Okay, look at how easily Thanos took out the Silver Surfer, who would be just as powerful as any of those characters that Despero took out. The Surfer wasn't able to so much as make Thanos flinch with his power output. I understand that Despero has a very limited amount of showings that showcase his full abilities, but the ones that he does have, simply aren't enough to raise his stock to the point of beating guys in Thanos' power class.

You have to look at what Thanos can actually do. I could literally see Thanos smiling at Despero, as he transmutes his molecules, and turns him into salt, sand, or some other material that would kill him.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:08 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Is Thanos, like, the Marvel version of KMC Superman?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, you're just getting that? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:22 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Thanos.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:23 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Have to go with Thanos as long as he doesn't make it a fist fight.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:27 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That might just be Thanos' plan.

Till he gets punched in the mouth.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:35 AM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Diesldude
Have to go with Thanos as long as he doesn't make it a fist fight.
yeah because Thanos can't fist fight or take hits to the face right? Lol.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:41 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

If Hawkman can knock Despero's teeth out imagine what Thanos will do...

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:54 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Since they're roughly even in strength...get his own teeth knocked down his throat, most likely. smile

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:58 AM
the Darkone

Thanos being a Eternal he can amp his strength at will if need be, Thanos is too powerful and versatile and Thanos is vastly smart.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 06:12 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Are people also forgetting how easily Superman took at Despero with HV? It was painfully easy. That would never happen to Thanos... .nor is Superman's HV as powerful as what Thanos can produce.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 06:16 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaiden
Black Dynamite's Second

Thanos quite easily.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 07:34 PM
DarkRaiden is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaiden a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Are people also forgetting how easily Superman took at Despero with HV? It was painfully easy. That would never happen to Thanos... .nor is Superman's HV as powerful as what Thanos can produce.

That's only brought up when Superman and Despero are in a vs fight.
Otherwise it doesnt count.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 09:59 PM
riv6672

LOL!!!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2014 10:35 PM