KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs. V&V Despero

Thanos vs. V&V Despero
Started by: KuRuPT Thanosi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by krisblaze

I think Thanos wins, .

Glad your usin your super science for good.

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 09:52 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Despero:

Magic based, through the Flames of Py'tar
Astral Projection: increasing his telepathic abilities.
Possession: can possess any living being
Ability to increase his mass

Standard:
Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Speed & Reflexes
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy: surpassing those of the Martian Manhunter
Telekinesis
Flight
Force Field
Energy Projection: blasts from his third eye
Illusion Casting
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis

Thanos:

Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
Immortality
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy
Force Field
Energy Projection, blasts from Hands, Eyes and Ass
Matter Manipulation
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 09:55 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Stoic
How is he right? if we go by this type of logic, Hyperion should be vastly stronger than Thanos, and he should have beaten the Cabal, all by himself. This isn't what was shown on panel though.

I'll have to go with Krisblaze's response on this one.

No it's generally the fact that he's overpowered smile

I think Thanos wins, but the fact that he has MORE POWERS WRITTEN ON TEH INTERNET WIKIPEDIAZ is no why.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 09:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Despero:

Magic based, through the Flames of Py'tar
Astral Projection: increasing his telepathic abilities.
Possession: can possess any living being
Ability to increase his mass

Standard:
Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy: surpassing those of the Martian Manhunter
Telekinesis
Flight
Force Field
Energy Projection: blasts from his third eye
Illusion Casting
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis

Thanos:

Superhuman Intelligence
Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability
Immortality
HF
Mind Control
Telepathy
Force Field
Energy Projection, blasts from Hands, Eyes and Ass
Matter Manipulation
Teleportation
Tactical Analysis
way to go leaving out loads of Thanos stuff, desperate.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:03 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by riv6672
Well, Despero has a more varied power set than Hulk. He's not just strong.
He just happens to be stronger than Thanos.

What do you base this off of? Thanos has never been portrayed as the, I'm going to pick up a mountain for LULZ, and likely never will. This does not mean that he is incapable of doing this. How strong would he be if he is able to punch the Surfer into a casket? What about Beta Ray Bill? You have to come up with something more than the ROE to make a claim that Despero is stronger than Thanos. If durability is any sign of his strength, Thanos is stronger than Despero. Do you see Despero staying awake after being hit by a Cosmic Cube? How about taking a beating from Odin, and refusing to stay down? Do you believe that Despero would survive the assault that Odin put on Thanos? What about Tyrant, a Galactus level threat? Or Omega who is even more powerful than Galactus?

People feed in to h1a8's nonsense about blunt force durability versus energy durability. They both have physical effects. Kinetic energy, is still energy, and honestly, having the ability to survive the explosion of a star the size that Thanos survived, is more than anything that Despero has shown to dish. Is that too much space cheese in terms of feats for you? If so let's also move away from the ROE feat. After all, we can always go back to his combat feats against an elite Sky Father and above characters. Thanos was hit in the face, by the Magus. the Magus had the Infinity Gauntlet on. Is that blunt force durability, or energy durability? he was also weaker when he took that hit than he was at the end of that very arc (having absorbed his doppelganger and all). What type of feat is that? I mean the Magus IG feat.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:06 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Insane Titan

This was out of my mind, you are free to expand it, if you know something i left out. The only thing I could think of would be the favour of mistress death which is not so big anymore as far as i know.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:09 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up

And off course mentioning powers Bulky Despero never used and d1ckridin every ability off his.

Despero has "amazing telepathy" while Thanos has telepathy....

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:11 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up

And off course mentioning powers Bulky Despero never used and d1ckridin every ability off his.

Someone asked about their powers, I listed those I know they have. Be constructive and add Powers to Thanos as you see fit.

As for the Telepathy, you are free to add to Thanos a telepath he surprasses. Instead of crying foul you could be for once helpful and give some input^^.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:15 AM
krisblaze

Telepathy includes mind control and illusion casting. You don't need to list all of those.

You can also shorten down the list by simply adding "superhuman physique" instead of writing every aspect of their physique.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:17 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

How well did he heal from having his head cut off? he can not possess any being being. If so why wasn't he able to possess Starro? Is he stronger than Odin? We know that Odin can slap a herald out with a flick of his wrist. He couldn't KO Thanos, and he was doing much more than flicking his wrist. it's comical seeing people bring up the No fallacy fallacy tactic, but then proceed to showcase the ROE feat that highlights the tactic. There is no way in hell, that Despero can hit harder than the Magus with the Infinity Gauntlet. Zero chance.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:19 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Odin used blats against Thanos, energy attacks, Thanos has a great durability against those.
Telepathy includes mind control and illusion casting. You don't need to list all of those.

You can also shorten down the list by simply adding "superhuman physique" instead of writing every aspect of their physique.

Oh I disagree. Telepathy is a borad term and doesn't include every power your mind could have.

Superhuman physique can be differen't from being to being, some have just Strength and Durability but lack the Speed.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:22 AM
krisblaze

Odin used blats against Thanos, energy attacks, Thanos has a great durability against those.

Oh I disagree. Telepathy is a borad term and doesn't include every power your mind could have.

Superhuman physique can be differen't from being to being, some have just Strength and Durability but lack the Speed.

They have mind control and illusion casting through telepathy.

In this case they all have speed, strength and durability.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:24 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Stoic
What do you base this off of? Thanos has never been portrayed as the, I'm going to pick up a mountain for LULZ, and likely never will.

Thats a LOT of text, so please dont think i didnt read it. I just choose to concentrate a short answer to your initial statement...

I base it off the fact that Thanos has way more appearances and feats than Despero on which you (Thanos supporters in this thread) can draw from. So, low balling or outright disregarding One of Despero's bigger feats (and you're right, Thanos has never picked up a mountain, much less held up a mountain range like Hulk did, much less less held up a Mystical mountain usually suspended in space and time made of stone from both heaven and hell), a feat that puts his strength in the opinions of many posters here at above Thanos', seems kind of sketchy to me.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:29 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up

yeah true.

He left out on purpose

Thanos has displayed

TK
Casting illusions
His power is a mix of cosmic and death/accult magic.
Can fire various forms of energy (gamma etc)
Omnidirectional blasts plus EP from eyes and hands at same time
Matter manip

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:29 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^I can't even guess what is wrong with you. I didn't left out anything on purpose. Thanks for expanding.
They have mind control and illusion casting through telepathy.

In this case they all have speed, strength and durability.

See this is where we are not on the same level. They have common traits, right but they are still different. So I did what someone implied and posted a more accurate list of powers, I took my example from stoic. Now would be the time to determine where each one of them is superior.

For example, both have Superhuman strength, by feats Dspero is stronger.
Both have energy projection, by feats Thanos is superior.

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Sep 20th, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:31 AM
krisblaze

yeah true.

He left out on purpose

Thanos has displayed

TK
Casting illusions
His power is a mix of cosmic and death/accult magic.
Can fire various forms of energy (gamma etc)
Omnidirectional blasts plus EP from eyes and hands at same time
Matter manip

Matter Manipulation was mentioned.
Same with energy projection...

Casting illusions? That was just stupid to add in the first place, he wrote 'telepathy'.

Did you want it to say
Water manipulation
Fire manipulation
Energy projection in straight line
Energy projection in circle
Energy projection in curve
Energy projection in loop
Read thoughts
Arrange memories
Psibolts
and on and on?

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Energy Absorption and control
Matter manipulation
Supehuman physique
Immortality
Superhuman intelligence

These are his abilities, and even some of these are redundant.

I don't understand why you, Stoic, McAbe and some other people feel that it's some sort of competition? You're not swaying any votes to and fro by listing more powers stick out tongue

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:40 AM
riv6672

Haha

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:41 AM
Insane Titan

^I can't even guess what is wrong with you. I didn't left out anything on purpose. Thanks for expanding.

See this is where we are not on the same level. They have common traits, right but they are still different. So I did what someone implied and posted a more accurate list of powers, I took my example from stoic. Now would be the time to determine where each one of them is superior.

For example, both have Superhuman strength, by feats Dspero is stronger.
Both have energy projection, by feats Thanos is superior.
you left them out on purpose to lowball Thanos and try and make him look inferior.

It's your act in every Thanos thread whilst trying to be a nice guy and innocent about it, give it up it doesn't suit you.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:41 AM
Insane Titan

Casting illusions? That was just stupid to add in the first place, he wrote 'telepathy'.

Did you want it to say
Water manipulation
Fire manipulation
Read thoughts
Arrange memories
Psibolts
and on and on?

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Matter manipulation
Supehuman physique
Immortality
Superhuman intelligence

I don't understand why you, Stoic, McAbe and some other people feel that it's some sort of competition? You're not swaying any votes to and fro by listing more powers stick out tongue
I was correcting someone , if it's not swaying you don't comment on it.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:48 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Did you want it to say
Water manipulation
Fire manipulation
Read thoughts
Arrange memories
Psibolts
and on and on?

Telepathy
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Matter manipulation
Supehuman physique
Immortality
Superhuman intelligence

I know where you coming from but my list made more sense tbh. Still you need to split the "superhuman" physique" into parts, else you will have the all on the same level which is BS.

So to be precise, the only bad thing I did was giving both the

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Stamina
Superhuman Durability

instead of Superhuman physique

and

Mind Control
Telepathy
(illusions for Despero)

Instead of Telepathy?

Burn me!

you left them out on purpose to lowball Thanos and try and make him look inferior.

It's your act in every Thanos thread whilst trying to be a nice guy and innocent about it, give it up it doesn't suit you.

I know better what I do, sorry. Read all my posts, I give Thanos the win in the energy department.

I try to be nice indeed, even if it is hard with people like you, I will continue to behave like I do in RL because I don't want to end like some other people ^^.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2014 10:51 AM