KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » David Ayer to Direct Suicide Squad?!

David Ayer to Direct Suicide Squad?!
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheTyrant

Why is Will Smith playing Deadshot?

If they want a black guy in there why not actually put in an established black character instead of altering another well-known character ffs. So dumb

Last edited by TheTyrant on Dec 5th, 2015 at 02:59 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 02:46 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They should've Black Manta, But hey welcome to WB's

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 03:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Hiring a black actor to play a white character isn't anything new.

I like Will Smith for Deadshot.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 04:35 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Hiring a black actor to play a white character isn't anything new.
Well that shouldn't ever be a norm. Don't have a white person play a black character and don't have a black person play a white character. It's that simple and nobody will get mad.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 04:58 AM
TheTyrant is currently offline Click here to Send TheTyrant a Private Message Find more posts by TheTyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They call it diversity

and i totally agree with what you said above.

Last edited by Kazenji on Dec 5th, 2015 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 05:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheTyrant

I'm surprised this hasn't made a little buzz at least from people who actually care about Deadshot as a character. I mean last time I checked he's the 2nd best assassin in DC universe so he's not that irrelevant of a character for them to do this. A lot of folks were mad because of the black stormtrooper shouldn't even be a problem if you actually know your Star Wars but this has been pretty much under the radar as far as I know.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 05:39 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by TheTyrant
Well that shouldn't ever be a norm. Don't have a white person play a black character and don't have a black person play a white character. It's that simple and nobody will get mad.

The general audience won't care. Most people don't even know who Deadshot is. I could care less, really, I just want a good performance from Will Smith. And ultimately a good movie. I have faith in Ayer. I've liked 90% of what he's done.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 05:59 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm surprised this hasn't made a little buzz at least from people who actually care about Deadshot as a character. I mean last time I checked he's the 2nd best assassin in DC universe so he's not that irrelevant of a character for them to do this. A lot of folks were mad because of the black stormtrooper shouldn't even be a problem if you actually know your Star Wars but this has been pretty much under the radar as far as I know.

It's because Deadshot, even though he's a big deal inside his own universe, isn't a big deal in terms of the general public.

You want something bad, look at Aquaman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 07:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Old Post Dec 5th, 2015 08:51 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

This. JUST THIS. It's lazy as hell. mad

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 04:16 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Stan Lee's response is good one for all this sort of diversity crap when he had his say a while back

"Says Create New Characters, Instead Of Altering Originals"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 04:26 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Kazenji
Stan Lee's response is good one for all this sort of diversity crap when he had his say a while back

"Says Create New Characters, Instead Of Altering Originals"
BUT, BUT that would take LOGIC and EFFORT. Who needs that when we can just piss of a ton of people and get others to throw race cards around?? AMIRIGHT?

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 6th, 2015 11:18 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

A ton of people? Hardly anybody knows about Deadshot. That being the General audience. Not saying it's right, but I have faith in Will Smith and David Ayer's vision. The only people that are going to get angry is the one percent that actually like Deadshot.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:42 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

A ton of people? Hardly anybody knows about Deadshot. That being the General audience. Not saying it's right, but I have faith in Will Smith and David Ayer's vision. The only people that are going to get angry is the one percent that actually like Deadshot.
Make Superman black. Watch what happens....

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:43 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Make Superman black. Watch what happens....

This is about Suicide Squad. Deadshot is a C list character, which hardly anyone knows about. Most people aren't going to care (except for the few hundred nerds) that Deadshot is black.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:45 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

This is about Suicide Squad. Deadshot is a C list character, which hardly anyone knows about. Most people aren't going to care (except for the few hundred nerds) that Deadshot is black.
That's not the point. The point is, it should not be done at all. Because sure, some minor characters won't get the AMOUNT of backlash, but do you not care for the fans of Deadshot? Do you not care for the fans of Human Torch? How would YOU feel if one of your favorite characters was changed? THAT'S The point. It shouldn't be done, period. No matter how you slice it, it's lazy and wrong.

I like Will Smith, but it was still a mistake.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:48 AM
Senor Cage

That's not the point. The point is, it should not be done at all. Because sure, some minor characters won't get the AMOUNT of backlash, but do you not care for the fans of Deadshot? Do you not care for the fans of Human Torch? How would YOU feel if one of your favorite characters was changed? THAT'S The point. It shouldn't be done, period. No matter how you slice it, it's lazy and wrong.

I like Will Smith, but it was still a mistake.

To each his own. I could care less. As long as it's a good movie.;

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:49 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

To each his own. I could care less. As long as it's a good movie.;

So you either avoided the question, or just admitted you wouldn't care if your favorite character had their race/sex changed. Which one? It's couldn't care less btw...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:51 AM
Senor Cage

So you either avoided the question, or just admitted you wouldn't care if your favorite character had their race/sex changed. Which one? It's couldn't care less btw...

I didn't care about HT being black or Kingpin being black or Nick Fury being black or Baron Mordro being black. If my favorite character was portrayed by a black actor, I wouldn't care as long as it's played well.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:53 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I didn't care about HT being black or Kingpin being black or Nick Fury being black or Baron Mordro being black. If my favorite character was portrayed by a black actor, I wouldn't care as long as it's played well.
Alright, you answered the question. Thank you. Now:

1) All the characters you mentioned above have fans that disagree strongly with your opinion. They do care. And it certainly didn't help things.

2) Nice Fury in the MCU is based off of Ultimate Nick Fury who was directly based on Samuel L. Jackson. So he's not a miscast at all.

3) The point is, even if you don't care, there are TONS of people that do. It's just a stupid/ lazy thing for studios to do.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 02:59 AM