KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Emperor Vitiate & Reborn Revan

Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Emperor Vitiate & Reborn Revan
Started by: Sinious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Revan is much stronger than Kit Fisto, and Vitiate is much weaker than Sidious. erm

Not that I agree with this statement but the point was that there is an entire novel based on the ultimate confrontation of Revan and Vitaite where Vitiate easily defeats him just as there is a movie scene where Sidious easily defeats Fisto. It was an example.

Vitiate's superiority is already clarified by the author so you either have to lack intelligence or knowledge to think Revan is above Vitiate.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Only problem is that Vitiate doesn't easily defeat him, especially not as easily as Palpatine defeated Kit.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:07 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Only problem is that Vitiate doesn't easily defeat him, especially not as easily as Palpatine defeated Kit.

erm It was an example as I've already explained my point to you.

Also he actually does defeat him easily. The moment he sees Revan as a threat, he instantly crushes him with his lightning.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:10 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Based on your own speculation, not the text itself. Vitiate's FLS is his strongest on-screen attack, and everything Vitiate attempted short of it failed to overcome Revan.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:29 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Vitiate is much weaker than Sidious. erm

I don't remember you ever believing this. Laem.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:31 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Sinious
Not that I agree with this statement but the point was that there is an entire novel based on the ultimate confrontation of Revan and Vitaite where Vitiate easily defeats him just as there is a movie scene where Sidious easily defeats Fisto. It was an example.

Vitiate's superiority is already clarified by the author so you either have to lack intelligence or knowledge to think Revan is above Vitiate.

Except, Vitiate had prep and defeated a weaker Revan.

Revan would toast his ass now. Dude, is lucky a far lesser Jedi took him down before Revan reemerged.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:33 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

How high do you place Darth Revan Reborn Ares, if you don't mind me asking?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:35 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

____ "The Emperor stood in the exact same position as before; it was as if he hadn’t even moved. Revan began to sense the oppressive presence of the dark side weighing down on him. The Emperor was trying to crush his will: to dominate and enslave his mind as he had before. This time, however, Revan was ready.
____ Instead of charging forward, he opened himself up to the Force, letting both the light and the dark side flow through him like twin rushing rivers. But instead of focusing or channeling the Force, he released it in its purest form.
____ There was brilliant flash as the air between the two combatants lit up. The energy unleashed was powerful enough to send Revan staggering. The Emperor, unprepared and with much of his strength diverted to his effort to dominate Revan’s mind, was sent flying backward.
____ He landed in a heap on the floor and Revan raced toward him. The Emperor rolled over, lifted himself up on one knee, and his hands flew forward as he hurtled a bolt of dark side lightning at his enemy.
____ Revan intercepted the bolt with the blade of his lightsaber, though the impact stopped his charge dead in its tracks.
____ The Emperor unleashed three more bolts in quick succession. Revan batted the first aside with his lightsaber, ducked the second, then deflected the third back in the direction of its source.
____ It struck the Emperor in the chest, sending him sliding several meters back on the floor. For the first time the Sith’s emotionless veneer cracked as he let out a primal hiss of hate. The sound sent shivers down Revan’s spine.
____ The Emperor rose to his feet, his robes smoking and singed where the lighting had struck him. His black eyes flashed red, and he raised both hands high above his head.
____ Revan knew he was gathering his power to unleash a swirling storm of pure dark side energy, just as Nyriss had done. The Jedi quickly calculated his options. Realizing he couldn’t close the gap between them quickly enough to stop the assault, he gathered his own energy and spread his hands before him, ready to catch and absorb the Emperor’s attack.
____ A dozen bolts of purple lightning arced from the Emperor toward him. Revan tried to draw them in and contain them, but the Emperor was infinitely more powerful than Darth Nyriss had ever been.
____ Revan’s body was engulfed in agony as the electricity coursed through his body. His skin began to boil and blister, the flesh of his face melting and sticking to the superheated metal of his mask as the Emperor poured more and more power into him."

The moment Vitiate started going all out on Revan, he crushed his defenses with ease and burned him up pretty bad even though Revan put all his energy and focus to intercepting/absorbing Vitiate's attack.

Originally posted by ares834
Except, Vitiate had prep and defeated a weaker Revan.

Revan would toast his ass now. Dude, is lucky a far lesser Jedi took him down before Revan reemerged.

Hmm, so you mean the Revan that recently returned. We have no info on how powerful he actually is so I have no reason to believe he surpassed the Emperor.

Also, Vitiate had prep? big grin

"That is why you fail."

Last edited by Sinious on Sep 21st, 2014 at 04:39 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:37 AM
ares834

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How high do you place Darth Revan Reborn Ares, if you don't mind me asking?

Right behind Bandon.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:38 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by ares834
Right behind Bandon.

And by extension, our unattested lord and savior: The Flying Noghiri. thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:40 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Alright, here i go, Into the eye of the storm.

------

Darth Bane Vs Emperor Vitiate .

Lightsabers: Bane is a powerful and masterful duelist, practicing and mastering the ferocious Juyo form along with Soresu and Djem So. He is a powerful duelist defeating the likes of Kas'im who was considered to be the greatest of his era, he was capable of defeating the highly talented and amplified echani Jedi Master Raskta a extremely masterful duelist who was hailed as the greatest of her time. he defeated both of them. While many would low ball his fight with Zannah it should be noted that they trained for years together it would only be natural that Zannah have - at the very least, some idea of what her master would use against her. and it also should be noted that the only one to defeat Bane in a duel was the person he trained himself.

While i don't think Vitiate is a mook with the saber and could potentially hold his own against average and above average Duelists, I don't think he would be able to stand against Bane's mastery of the blade. So i'm giving the edge of sabers to Bane.

Force Powers. Vitiate is an incredibly strong sith lord, being both feared and respected by his entire empire. His power was so great that even the powerful jedi master and Sith Lord, Revan fell to him. A master of the Dark Side, vitiate could unleash a devastating Force Lightning storm that was able to disorient an entire Jedi strike team and cause Revan - a highly skilled practitioner of Tutaminis, to fall and struggle against the lightning. A master of sith alchemy and sorcery vitiate was proficient with the use of powerful Rituals and due to one such ritual caused the devastation of Natheema which shook the jedi Exile - Meetra surik. a master of the force Vitiate is a powerful force to be reckoned with.

I won't bother with Bane's force feats as we all probably have them memorized from the constant debates and threads that appear nearly everyday.

Now while, i consider Bane to be an extremely powerful force user, who is match for nearly all of the top sith lords. This is one that i think has no definite winner. both are extremely powerful and have a great variety of powers at their disposal. but i feel a force fight between these two is too difficult to judge. So in my opinion these two are equals in terms of force powers and a fight between them with only FP can really go either way. but this is just my opinion.

-------

Zannah Vs Revan?

Lightsabers. This goes to Zannah, before her No one was able to best her master in a duel. Legendary and powerful masters fell to him and she was talented enough with the blade to have held him off and beaten him. Revan while not a mook with the blade, he has not defeated someone on the same level as Darth Bane and if he fought with someone, it remains unknown if it was mainly a Duel. He's a skilled duelist, yes. and his precognition is powerful, however he lacks the same strength that many say Zannah had difficulty.

Zannah takes Sabers.

Force Powers. Both are highly talented with the force. Like with Vitiate, Revan is highly strong in the force being considered "the heart of the force" by his former master. Like I said with vitiate and Bane, Both them are extremely powerful and talented. I feel that Revan is above Zannah due to his greater variety of powers. However he isn't above her by much, as Zannah has her illusions to compensate for her lack of variety. That said, i think a force fight between the two could really go either way, as regardless of who you think wins, it will be a very hard fight.

All-out. I say Bane and Zannah take it, but Vitiate and Revan give them one hell of a fight. however this is really Just my opinion.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 04:49 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Is this Darth Revan Reborn? If so, I'll give it to team 2 for teh lawlz.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:03 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is this Darth Revan Reborn? If so, I'll give it to team 2 for teh lawlz.

Use the pioneer side of your brain and read the title wink

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:07 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Zannah Vs Revan?

Lightsabers. This goes to Zannah, before her No one was able to best her master in a duel. Legendary and powerful masters fell to him and she was talented enough with the blade to have held him off and beaten him.

Heresy

quote:

All-out. I say Bane and Zannah take it, but Vitiate and Revan give them one hell of a fight. however this is really Just my opinion.

And more heresy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:31 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
he was capable of defeating the highly talented and amplified echani Jedi Master Raskta a extremely masterful duelist who was hailed as the greatest of her time.

Incorrect, Raskta was all over him and countered everything he did, whilst saving her dueling partners, filling in for their individual weaknesses.

Lsu died when Zannah went concealment mode and stabbed her in the back.

On the over-all main topic however: Vitiate > Bane, Revan > Zannah.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:33 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by AncientPower

On the over-all main topic however: Vitiate > Bane, Revan > Zannah.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:45 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

While i don't think Vitiate is a mook with the saber and could potentially hold his own against average and above average Duelists, I don't think he would be able to stand against Bane's mastery of the blade. So i'm giving the edge of sabers to Bane.

It really doesn't matter, if Bane is able to engage Vitiate in meele then he's already won. Getting there is the hard part.

quote:

Now while, i consider Bane to be an extremely powerful force user, who is match for nearly all of the top sith lords. This is one that i think has no definite winner. both are extremely powerful and have a great variety of powers at their disposal. but i feel a force fight between these two is too difficult to judge.

How is Bane going to counter Vitiate's FLS when Revan's defensive powers failed?

His TP is also a highly viable threat--Even if he can't dominate Bane outright, he can definitely disable him for a short while if he keeps the pressure, as Zannah did. That would leave him open to an attack from Revan.

quote:
Lightsabers. This goes to Zannah, before her No one was able to best her master in a duel.

Kas'im did. Conversely, she didn't.

quote:
He's a skilled duelist, yes. and his precognition is powerful, however he lacks the same strength that many say Zannah had difficulty.

No idea what you're trying to say here.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 06:57 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Saying team 1 could win is lolworthy.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It really doesn't matter, if Bane is able to engage Vitiate in meele then he's already won. Getting there is the hard part.

How is Bane going to counter Vitiate's FLS when Revan's defensive powers failed?

1. The Hero of Tython got close and it wasn't over.

2. Some people believe he can block that very same attack with his light saber.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 01:07 PM
Nalaniel

Team 1. Their teamwork will give them the edge.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Saying team 1 could win is lolworthy.

Saying Revan is stronger than Bane is lolworthy.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote