KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Korvac vs Avengers rematch

Korvac vs Avengers rematch
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
basilisk

Korvac vs Avengers rematch

Most here remember the classic Korvac vs Avengers/Guardians battle. Korvac became a godlike being by absorbing energies from Galactus's worldship. He killed the Collector and claimed Odin himself could not stand before him, then took on the Avengers/Guardians lineup consisting of:

Thor
Starhawk
Wonder Man
Iron Man
Vision
Hercules
Captain America
Captain Mar-vell
Ms Marvel
Moondragon
Quicksilver
Scarlet Witch
Jocasta
Yellowjacket
Black Panther
Hawkeye
Black Widow
Wasp
Charlie-27
Martinex
Yondu
Nikki

Basically Korvac lost in the end because Carina did not support him at the crucial moment and he lost the will to continue, but by the end of the fight everyone except Thor and Moondragon was basically dead.

In this scenario however, both Korvac and Carina are willing to fight to the end. How do they fare in the same setting against an Avengers Now lineup?:

Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Hyperion
Blue Marvel
Starbrand
Captain Universe
Monica Rambeau
Doctor Strange (not most recent powerup)
Havok
Rogue
Cage
Iron Fist
Captain America
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Pym
Cannonball
Black Panther
Nightmask

Bonus round: if the Avengers can't win they get the help of Death Sentry.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 01:26 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Korvac and Carina win, even with Death Sentry (who along with Thor are the most powerful members of Team Avengers) included.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 02:10 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the 2 of them fighting at full strength? yeah, they take it. you have some pretty ill-defined character levels in their though--both starbrand and cap universe. if they could somehow display their more true levels they would certainly be the last 2 standing. as portrayed though, korvac solos this group if he really has to.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 02:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Interesting... I thought this lineup should be able to do better than the original despite lacking a few guys like Starhawk & Wonder Man they more than make up for that, and the original lineup were able to eventually stun him at a critical point in the battle even though they couldn't actually kill him.

By adding in Hulk, Hype, BM, Starbrand, Dr. Strange, Captain Universe, Havok, Monica, and maybe Captain Universe and then Death Sentry I gave the Marvel Now team a lot more firepower and a lot more varied attacks.

But maybe doing better still isn't enough.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 03:48 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, it's just my opinion, but i tend to believe korvac when he told thor odin would have trouble standing up to him. once he believed in himself, that power was borne out, albeit in a what if. still, i did one-shot kill an elder and we've seen since that the collector was actually pretty damn powerful. this team would do better, but you've also changed the rules for korvac's side as well. i think the changes cancel each other out if that makes sense. add in carina and, well, overkill imo.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2014 05:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
well, it's just my opinion, but i tend to believe korvac when he told thor odin would have trouble standing up to him. once he believed in himself, that power was borne out, albeit in a what if. still, i did one-shot kill an elder and we've seen since that the collector was actually pretty damn powerful.

Impressive claim even by the standards of this board.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:03 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by basilisk
Impressive claim even by the standards of this board.

Not really when you put it in context.

That version of the Collector was a feeble geriatric. He was having a heart attack fighting the Avengers.

EDIT -
Here's the scans
(please log in to view the image)
t (please log in to view the image)

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Last edited by zopzop on Sep 22nd, 2014 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2014 02:17 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote