KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Fun Fun Fun Tourney

Fun Fun Fun Tourney
Started by: CadenceV2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Fun Fun Fun Tourney

I use to love making Tourneys on other forums, and I love playing tourney like matches. Im bored, not a whole lot of action going on, so making one now to remedy this problem.

Some things to get out of the way. There is 7 Slots. I myself am playing. More than enough to have some fun. Everyone who plays should at least Judge another two or three matches. Everyone also can agree on who should be allowed or not as characters. Also if their is a possible rule issue, myself and a co host can rule on it. This is to keep things in house and fair. Cannot judeg your own match ofcourse. I need a co host BTW to help keep things fair over my matches and others that I may have little insight too.

(please log in to view the image)

Gotta have rules.
1) No Time control, no matter manipulation of the other team. Can have character who can do this, but they are not allowed to use that.
2) 10 minuets prep. No way to extend prep.
3) Mid Herald level or lower.
4) No Flashes, they are not Mid Herald at all IMO.
5) No Gear or weapons that put you over Mid Herald level. (Reed with Ultimate Nullifier for example)
6) If characters have very few comics to their name, can use composite versions. (He-Man for example.)
7) 3 Man teams.
8) All characters will work together.
9) All battlefields will change for every match.

That is pretty much it. Be creative, and have fun. This is a ultimate showdown of just fun.

Everyone who wants to play will post here that they are interested, and PM me a team. Once I get 7 PMs of teams, I will post them all here at the same time to see which characters are allowed and which are not. Once that is out of the way, we will have some fun. Key word... FUN! this is not for titles, just to have fun. I plan to make many more in the future as I love having Tourney fun.

Once again if your interested, PM me your team, post here that you are, and Be my Co Host to keep things fair. Everyone will be a judge of others matches, and PM. any questions ask below.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:25 AM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

You know me Cadence, always up for a tourney. Currently in 5 but they're slosing down so I'm interested

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 11:09 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Count me in.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 11:22 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Awesome. When ya both think of teams, PM me them.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 02:04 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

I'm down with this tournament.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 08:05 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Alright, 3 down, 4 more to go.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 08:33 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Re: Fun Fun Fun Tourney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CadenceV2
6) If characters have very few comics to their name, can use composite versions. (He-Man for example.)
This will be an issue for sure

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 09:43 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Re: Re: Fun Fun Fun Tourney

Originally posted by psycho gundam
This will be an issue for sure

An issue to be adressed by the players in the later phase after everyone makes a team once teams are posted.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 09:51 PM
Smurph
------

Couple questions:

-'No gear or weapons that put you over mid herald'. Are we allowed to make those gear or weapons in prep time? What if we don't use gear or weapons, but use the powersets we've drafted to boost one character's power past mid herald (ie, draft Supergirl and Spectrum and blast Kara with solar rays)? Basically, is there a limit to what we can accomplish with prep time?

-'No way to extend prep time'. What if my character is super fast? 10 minutes for Dr Doom is different than 10 minutes for the Runner. Does that count as an extension of prep time?

-Are ALL powers besides time manipulation and offensive matter manipulation allowed?

-What's mid herald level? Are we working according to the KMC tiers, or did you have a particular character cap in mind? Wonder Woman has historically been the go-to power cap for mid herald tournies I think

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:03 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by Existere
Couple questions:

-'No gear or weapons that put you over mid herald'. Are we allowed to make those gear or weapons in prep time? What if we don't use gear or weapons, but use the powersets we've drafted to boost one character's power past mid herald (ie, draft Supergirl and Spectrum and blast Kara with solar rays)? Basically, is there a limit to what we can accomplish with prep time?

-'No way to extend prep time'. What if my character is super fast? 10 minutes for Dr Doom is different than 10 minutes for the Runner. Does that count as an extension of prep time?

-Are ALL powers besides time manipulation and offensive matter manipulation allowed?

-What's mid herald level? Are we working according to the KMC tiers, or did you have a particular character cap in mind? Wonder Woman has historically been the go-to power cap for mid herald tournies I think

Good questions.

If you can push someones power to High Herald, or Trans tier, your not midherald character anymore. Your character must be Mid Herald, and any help in amps apply to this.

Runner can use whatever time he wants, however he is trans tier. Flashes are not allowed either. Im not sure how many speedsters are left to use ten minuets as a lifetime for them. But yes, you can do this.

Yes, Duplication and such are allowed, however I should have put a limit on Summoning. Summoning other beings is the same as outside help to me, but yes, Psychics, soul attackers, beings who can use magic that is no MM ot Time related are fine.

Mid Herald is a level KMC has, however I would mostly use a cap limit. That would be in line with charcters like Wonder Woman, Hulk, or Godzilla ect.

Hope this helps.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:11 PM
Smurph
------

Cool. thumb up

Then I think I have my team. I'll PM you.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2014 10:16 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Ten minutes of prep is too long for mid herald characters. I say 1 or 2 minutes at the most.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 02:14 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

I have 3 PMs already, and 1 possible reserved. 3 more to go.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2014 08:17 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Supermutant
Ten minutes of prep is too long for mid herald characters. I say 1 or 2 minutes at the most.

Most mid heralds do jack all in prep. Prep as a rule favors the low end power spectrum characters. Let's face it guys Reed, Stark, Pym, Holt, Sloane and Caulder can do a lot more and make them a lot more of a threat than their power level would represent. These types of characters can contend on the level of high herald or trams with enough prep.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 09:19 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by beatboks
Most mid heralds do jack all in prep. Prep as a rule favors the low end power spectrum characters. Let's face it guys Reed, Stark, Pym, Holt, Sloane and Caulder can do a lot more and make them a lot more of a threat than their power level would represent. These types of characters can contend on the level of high herald or trams with enough prep.

Pretty much, its also a good time for teams to think about tactics, or amo other characters into a Mid Herald level they normally would not be at.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 09:57 AM
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

So far we have 4 people in this. 4 more and we can get a rolling into battles.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:35 PM
Stanor

Can I join?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2014 12:39 AM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by Stanor
Can I join?

Of course.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 02:58 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Question:

Is reality manipulation allowed?
Say if a character manipulated or set traps to battlefield that cause offensive damage to opponents pick, is this allowed? Ex. Quicksand on battlefield..
Is meshing powers allowed? Is there any cap to specific powers? Ex. Making immortal character through meshing healing powers and magical ritual.

My Artwork

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 06:38 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by Ambient
Question:

Is reality manipulation allowed?
Say if a character manipulated or set traps to battlefield that cause offensive damage to opponents pick, is this allowed? Ex. Quicksand on battlefield..
Is meshing powers allowed? Is there any cap to specific powers? Ex. Making immortal character through meshing healing powers and magical ritual.

You can do both those things. However your meshing of powers must remain in limits to Mid Heralds. If your character can beat the daylights out of Wonder Woman, Messiah Cable, or Hulk, then they may be over Mid Herald.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 08:28 PM