KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which one is more impressive???

Which one is more impressive???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Found these - seems like breaking the lasso has less to do with strength and more to do with the fact that it is the Lasso of Truth, which is why Bizarro could break it - his perception of truth is not the same as Wonder Woman's.

(please log in to view the image)

In this instance 'Rama-Khan breaks it because Wonderwoman refuses to accept that he's telling the truth'.

I don't know anything about either of these issues,didn't read them, just found these on the web.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:41 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Killing a trans being with a single punch or shot would be also more impressive than most feats here, sans the lasso. Like OWAW Supes did with the Probes ^^.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:45 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Killing a high herald with one punch.

Bizzarro broke WW's Lasso

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:50 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Lasso

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:56 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Pushing Earth.

Earth? Not so impressive it's kind of small. Now if this was a huge arse planet that made earth look like a speck, yes.

Also, depends on how quickly and by how much the planet is being pushed. Pushing a planet out of a solar system it's in quickly is not as impressive as pushing it out of a galaxy in the same time.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2014 11:59 PM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

*double post, someone delete this*

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 12:00 AM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Killing a trans being with a single punch or shot would be also more impressive than most feats here, sans the lasso. Like OWAW Supes did with the Probes ^^.

SMH

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 12:05 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by carver9
Rank these in order.

Stopping Classic Juggernaut forward momentum.
Crumbling enchanted Uru with you bare hands.
Killing a High Herald with a single punch.
Destroying a planet the size of Earth with a single hit.
Destroying Adamantium with your bare hands.
Breaking Wonder Woman lasso.
Pushing Earth.
it depends on how fast you accelerate push the Earth. Let's say a=1000m/s^2

Then
1. Breaking the lasso
2. Pushing the Earth
3. Destroying Earth with a single hit
4. Killing a high herald with a punch.
4. Destroying adamantium (the same size as the Uru)
5. Destroying enchanted Uru
6. Stopping Juggernaut.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 12:56 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's a toss-up between breaking the lasso and destroying Earth with a single hit.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:22 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The lasso is the best feat. Then moving earth and then killing an herald (depending on who and how this could be higher on the list).

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:30 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yah. Still not seen proof that A; Bizarro breaking the lasso is canon, and B; if it was done by strength.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:36 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yah. Still not seen proof that A; Bizarro breaking the lasso is canon, and B; if it was done by strength.

You're taking it backwards. You have to prove its non canon and it was done by something other than strength.

I mean by that standard any mini series is non canon. I don't see people arguing that mini series like Superman/Shazam: First Thunder are non canon. DC had elseworlds prints on non canon stories in that time period. But since you think its canon, here is an interview from Matt Wagner.

http://alankistler.com/2012/03/531/

He said its in continuity but it doesn't means he would take care of everything that happened before. And here he talks about Batman: The Monster Men being the aftermath of Trinity which is a totally canon comic.

quote:
IGN Comics: I was really excited to hear you were doing Batman & the Monster Men. I was wondering if you could give us the set-up to this new story?

MW: The whole thing spawned out of the aftermath of Trinity, which is the project I did a few years ago for DC, which is the story of how Superman and Batman first met Wonder Woman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/08...ster-man?page=1

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Unfortunately, the only quantifiable feats are one-shot Earthbusting and pushing the Earth (I compared the two in another thread, and iirc, a one-shot Earthbust required more energy; thus, here, that feat would be more impressive).

OTOH, what is impressive in pushing Earth is how the pusher would not go straight through the planet like a BB through cake, and also how all sorts of devastating peripheral effects (tectonic shifting, earthquakes, atmospheric disruption) would be (as they typically are) avoided.

But overall I still say, one-shotting Supes to death would drop everyone's jaw like nothing else, if only because (afaik) it's never been done, not to DC's flagship hero.

(One-shotting Surfer or Thor to death would also be impressive, but they don't carry the symbolic significance that Superman has, so I don't see jaws dropping quite as far).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:46 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Oh and a henchman of Queen of Fables broke the lasso by pure strength, not QoF herself.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Who did a one-shot Earthbust btw?

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:48 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

They're probably thinking of Hulk flying through an asteroid the size of earth or something.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:49 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Mindship
Unfortunately, the only quantifiable feats are one-shot Earthbusting and pushing the Earth (I compared the two in another thread, and iirc, a one-shot Earthbust required more energy; thus, here, that feat would be more impressive).

OTOH, what is impressive in pushing Earth is how the pusher would not go straight through the planet like a BB through cake, and also how all sorts of devastating peripheral effects (tectonic shifting, earthquakes, atmospheric disruption) would be (as they typically are) avoided.

But overall I still say, one-shotting Supes to death would drop everyone's jaw like nothing else, if only because (afaik) it's never been done, not to DC's flagship hero.

(One-shotting Surfer or Thor to death would also be impressive, but they don't carry the symbolic significance that Superman has, so I don't see jaws dropping quite as far).

Moving earth would take more energy due to the gravimatric forces of all the heavenly bodies on it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:53 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by krisblaze
They're probably thinking of Hulk flying through an asteroid the size of earth or something.

SMP did it.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 11:54 AM
krisblaze

Originally posted by abhilegend
SMP did it.

Oh when he flew through the alternate earth?

I don't know why, but it didn't impress me at all actually. Seems like something Superman, Hyperion, Gladiator, Thor or any of the mid/high heralds could do.

Surfer exploded a planet in Annihilation as well I suppose, and Thor's broken a few planetoids/the moon when he was beating on him/warlock.

Anyways, on the list it would probably be killing Superman with one punch (if he's the one we're using for HH).

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 12:35 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Moving earth would take more energy due to the gravimatric forces of all the heavenly bodies on it.
Yeah, I did Not recall correctly...

2×10e32 joules = gravitational binding energy (GBE) of the Earth (this is what you'd have to overcome to one-shot the Earth).

2.7×10e33 joules = Earth's kinetic energy in its orbit (presumably what you'd have to match to move the Earth in similar fashion: more than 10x the GBE).
Both figures are >500,000x what the entire Sun puts out every second...and yet, a single death-shot to Supes is still more impressive. Happy Dance

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 12:47 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote