KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kill the Surfer!

Kill the Surfer!
Started by: Estacado

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

Everyone on this list can do it

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 08:31 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Insane Titan
For those who read annihilation, in the book Galactus doesn't give Surfer more power he just removes his remorse etc and makes him less of a pacifist.

Not to get in the middle of your exchange with carver, but the way I read it Galactus intended to do both (amp Surfer's power and remove his remorse to make him ready for the battle in Annihilation), but Surfer demanded to keep his compassion and Galactus relented to his wishes:

(please log in to view the image)

Galactus states:

"I can give you conviction--and the power to see it through."

"I can undo what was done in anger. I can restore you."

"I can heal you. I can renew your will, grant you new power, take away the remorse."

Surfer says

"No. Give me the will to do what must be done. Let my remorse define me."

To which Galactus says

"So be it"

then clasps Surfer in his hand and energizes him. IMO, from what's stated and depicted in the page, Galactus gave Surfer a power up, and intended to also take away his remorse, but Surfer demanded to keep it, and Galactus allowed the compromise. Later, when Surfer encountered Ravenous for a second time after this event with Galactus he remarked that Surfer had changed, and then Surfer effortlessly destroys a planet in their clash as a show of power and Ravenous asks what has Surfer become. To me, that statement was related to the fact that Surfer was far more powerful than their first encounter and Ravenous was in awe at the increase in Surfer's firepower.

So I actually think carver's right on this one.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 09:27 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by MF DELPH
Not to get in the middle of your exchange with carver, but the way I read it Galactus intended to do both (amp Surfer's power and remove his remorse to make him ready for the battle in Annihilation), but Surfer demanded to keep his compassion and Galactus relented to his wishes:

(please log in to view the image)

Galactus states:

"I can give you conviction--and the power to see it through."

"I can undo what was done in anger. I can restore you."

"I can heal you. I can renew your will, grant you new power, take away the remorse."

Surfer says

"No. Give me the will to do what must be done. Let my remorse define me."

To which Galactus says

"So be it"

then clasps Surfer in his hand and energizes him. IMO, from what's stated and depicted in the page, Galactus gave Surfer a power up, and intended to also take away his remorse, but Surfer demanded to keep it, and Galactus allowed the compromise. Later, when Surfer encountered Ravenous for a second time after this event with Galactus he remarked that Surfer had changed, and then Surfer effortlessly destroys a planet in their clash as a show of power and Ravenous asks what has Surfer become. To me, that statement was related to the fact that Surfer was far more powerful than their first encounter and Ravenous was in awe at the increase in Surfer's firepower.

So I actually think carver's right on this one.
seeing has he has displayed zero showings to prove he's more powerful I don't see how you can come that conclusion.

Plus carver is never right so by default it's wrong.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 09:30 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

seeing has he has displayed zero showings to prove he's more powerful I don't see how you can come that conclusion.

the point of reference would how easily he dispacted Ravenoys.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 09:55 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by "Id"
Him not getting two pieced by Thor. Powering up a planet powered by an abstract heart. Tossing Crunch at TBA. He was snow for a bit that's new.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:00 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by "Id"
you mean him simply not holding back anymore.

Xenith pwnd Ravenous easier than Surfer.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:07 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

you mean him simply not holding back anymore.

Xenith pwnd Ravenous easier than Surfer.
Ravenous was getting powered by his Currs against Surfer.

Then there's the matter of downgraded Dick beating her when full powered Dick got his dick reamed by Surfer

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:14 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Ravenous was getting powered by his Currs against Surfer.

Then there's the matter of downgraded Dick beating her when full powered Dick got his dick reamed by Surfer
Nova didn't straight out over power her though , iirc he had to use some mental block on her.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:25 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

To win yes. But he was kicking the shit out of her until he got distracted.

There's also the part where he had the full Nova Force against Surfer and comparably barely anything against her.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 10:44 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

All signs point to Surfer with extra juice. It could be half a cup or it could be a gallon... Either way he received something...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 11:08 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
All signs point to Surfer with extra juice. It could be half a cup or it could be a gallon... Either way he received something...

thumb up

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 12:27 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

big grin

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 07:12 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Him not getting two pieced by Thor.

More like near no selling him

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 07:13 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

what points to him having extra juice?

He had no effect on Thanos in the same ways he did in the past.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 07:48 AM
krisblaze

^Him destroying Ravenous.

Ravenous' later showings aren't exactly indicative of his power-level because he doesn't have the currs/lost his connection to the opposing force.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:15 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by krisblaze
^Him destroying Ravenous.

Ravenous' later showings aren't exactly indicative of his power-level because he doesn't have the currs/lost his connection to the opposing force.
still not enough IMO, considering the amount of people he has faced since then.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:55 AM
krisblaze

still not enough IMO, considering the amount of people he has faced since then.

Other writers might not heed the powerup, but it was very clear in the arcs following Annihilation that he was more powerful than before.

Both in the Heralds of Galactus one-shot, and in Nova.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:45 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:38 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by krisblaze
Other writers might not heed the powerup, but it was very clear in the arcs following Annihilation that he was more powerful than before.

Both in the Heralds of Galactus one-shot, and in Nova.
I don't see how, as all he did In them was shown to easily above Nova which we already knew and in Heralds of Galactus all he did was Chanel Chrunch energies.

He just seemed more focused and determined etc.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:50 AM
krisblaze

I don't see how, as all he did In them was shown to easily above Nova which we already knew and in Heralds of Galactus all he did was Chanel Chrunch energies.

He just seemed more focused and determined etc.

The difference between him and Nova was extreme though.

He also took more hits from Tenebrous/Aegis imo.

Honestly it feels like you're just refusing to acknowledge this, despite overwhelming evidence.

There is a very direct comparison between pre and post-boost. Surfer also specifically states that he wants to retain his remorse.

Do you really believe that the mention of his power-up and the whole Galactus' restoration of him only refers to a slight shift in personality?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 11:58 AM