KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos VS KMC ALL-STAR X-MEN

Thanos VS KMC ALL-STAR X-MEN
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Thanos VS KMC ALL-STAR X-MEN

Thanos

(please log in to view the image)

VS

KMC, you have to pick 10 X-MEN to stop Thanos.

You can amp 2 of the X-Men.

NO LEGION.
NO DARK PHOENIX.
NO ONSLAUGHT.

No reality warpers etc.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 07:21 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stanor

Are villains allowed too?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 07:47 PM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Mr. Immortal bores him to death.
Wolverine bores him to death.
Storm fans drive him insane.
Jubilee phases his penis into Beast ... resulting in death by embarrassment.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 07:59 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stanor
Are villains allowed too?

Yes, just for you!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:24 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Longshot
Havok
Pixie
Domino
Cloak
Fantomex
Doop
Iceman
Juggernaut
Cassandra Nova

Bye Thanos.

Incidentally, LoB, you have not addressed your other thread with my team. You can't just go in, say 'your team loses' then leave....

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:35 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Longshot
Havok
Pixie
Domino
Cloak
Fantomex
Doop
Iceman
Juggernaut
Cassandra Nova

Bye Thanos.

Incidentally, LoB, you have not addressed your other thread with my team. You can't just go in, say 'your team loses' then leave....

I did respond.

I said the team's plan was too TAO centric and that they lacked the power to overcome the Darkside Avengers.

I will recheck.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:44 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Just to quickly ask before I take my pick. Can I say a specific version of a character. Like Shaman Nate is that okay with you?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:45 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Just to quickly ask before I take my pick. Can I say a specific version of a character. Like Shaman Nate is that okay with you?

Shaman Nate is above trans I believe. At least he was at the end of his arc.

Lets see your list and figure it out then.

To the question of specificity, yes, you can have a distinct version of a character i.e. God Cable.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 08:50 PM
Stanor

So if God cable is allowed my team will consist if

God cable
Magneto
Apocalypse
Iceman
Juggernaut
Exodus
Vulcan
Cassandra Nova
Pixie
Regular X-Man

Last edited by Stanor on Sep 29th, 2014 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:02 PM
Stanor is currently offline Click here to Send Stanor a Private Message Find more posts by Stanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Shaman Nate is above trans I believe. At least he was at the end of his arc.

Lets see your list and figure it out then.

To the question of specificity, yes, you can have a distinct version of a character i.e. God Cable.

Guess I was pushing my luck a bit with Nate there, just wanted to see if you were cool with like you said "distinct versions."

So I will choose.

1. Exodus
2.Vulcan
3. God Cable
4. Regular X-Man (so non Shaman)
5. Matthew Malloy
6. Magneto
7. Kid Omega
8. Absolon Mercator

I couldn't think of another 2 to add. And I know a couple of these can warp reality to some extent but I guess you can just cancel out their abilities to do so.

I would amp Absolon Mercator and X-Man. This list may be bit of a mess but if it goes to far or something I can change it all.

I assumed when you said X-Men you meant X-Men related. Given what DS posted I thought my list would be okay.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:13 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Stanor
So if God cable is allowed my team will consist if

God cable
Magneto
Apocalypse
Iceman
Juggernaut
Exodus
Vulcan
Cassandra Nova
Pixie
Regular X-Man

What are your steps to victory?

Guess I was pushing my luck a bit with Nate there, just wanted to see if you were cool with like you said "distinct versions."

So I will choose.

1. Exodus
2.Vulcan
3. God Cable
5. Matthew Malloy
6. Magneto
7. Kid Omega
8. Absolon Mercator

I couldn't think of another 2 to add. And I know a couple of these can warp reality to some extent but I guess you can just cancel out their abilities to do so.

I would amp Absolon Mercator and X-Man. This list may be bit of a mess but if it goes to far or something I can change it all.

I assumed when you said X-Men you meant X-Men related. Given what DS posted I thought my list would be okay.

How does your team win?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:38 PM
DarkSaint85

So I will choose.

1. Exodus
2.Vulcan
3. God Cable
5. Matthew Malloy
6. Magneto
7. Kid Omega
8. Absolon Mercator

My team are all X-men!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:41 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stanor

My team are all X-men!
Before LOB ask you how does your team win?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:43 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

My team are all X-men!

Oh sure I just meant Juggs hadn't always been with the X-Men, wasn't casting aspersions on your choices. Just wanted to know what LoB was willing to let me choose with regards to characters.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 09:43 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

So I think Vulcan plays quite a part here, his absorption can prove vital given that he becomes stronger with each bit of power he absorbs.

So I think the muscle that heads straight on into the fight will be an amped Absolon, God Cable and an amped X-Man.

All together these 3 beings carry enough power to take Thanos head on, 2 of them are amped (although I don't know how much as per LoB's stips). So these 3 can all fire extremely powerful blasts at him and they are all capable of putting up forcefields to atleast resist an attack from Thanos.

Absolon had very small but beastly showings in X-Men the 198 Files and making him amped make shim so much more powerful. You then have Nate who will also be amped. Coincidently I am making a respect thread for him so I have seen some of the crazy stuff he can do.

So overall I think God Cable, an amped X-Man and an amped Absolon have more than enough power to take on Thanos for a time.

You then have the section of people who would be attacking him through telepathy.

Matthew Malloy, Exodus and Kid Omega can attack him via telepathy to further put strain on Thanos during battle.

Then finally have what would be the lone rangers of sorts,

Magneto and Vulcan don't really belong to a telepathy or outright capability to take on Thanos as well as others but they both bring other bonuses to the fight.

Vulcan as we know is a living conduit of absorption, so while he gets the odd blast on Thanos he can be absorbing all of the enrgy released from the big 3 hitters. So he will be boosted exponentially. Not combined with the fact that Vulcan could attempt to absorb Thanos's various energy blasts.

Magneto now I am not as sure about. He is more one to manipulate the environment around them. Or creating forcefields to protect the telepaths or Vulcan. Then he could attack Thanos if need be.

So that's what I would say overall. It may be a decent explanation or may sound like complete crap. Be sure to let me know what you think.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Sep 29th, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:07 PM
krisblaze

Shaman Nate above trans? The hell are you guys smoking

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:14 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Classic Mags and Vulcan is a huge factor.

My team...

New Sun
Iceman
Classic Mags
Vulcan
God Cable
Hope
Leech
Exodus
Xman
Joseph
Bishop

By the way, Juggernaut isn't a mutant.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:19 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Btw Juggernaut has a dormant x-gene in him. So he still shows up as a mutant as far as I can remember.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:23 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

So I think Vulcan plays quite a part here, his absorption can prove vital given that he becomes stronger with each bit of power he absorbs.

So I think the muscle that heads straight on into the fight will be an amped Absolon, God Cable and an amped X-Man.

All together these 3 beings carry enough power to take Thanos head on, 2 of them are amped (although I don't know how much as per LoB's stips). So these 3 can all fire extremely powerful blasts at him and they are all capable of putting up forcefields to atleast resist an attack from Thanos.

Absolon had very small but beastly showings in X-Men the 198 Files and making him amped make shim so much more powerful. You then have Nate who will also be amped. Coincidently I am making a respect thread for him so I have seen some of the crazy stuff he can do.

So overall I think God Cable, an amped X-Man and an amped Absolon have more than enough power to take on Thanos for a time.

You then have the section of people who would be attacking him through telepathy.

Matthew Malloy, Exodus and Kid Omega can attack him via telepathy to further put strain on Thanos during battle.

Then finally have what would be the lone rangers of sorts,

Magneto and Vulcan don't really belong to a telepathy or outright capability to take on Thanos as well as others but they both bring other bonuses to the fight.

Vulcan as we know is a living conduit of absorption, so while he gets the odd blast on Thanos he can be absorbing all of the enrgy released from the big 3 hitters. So he will be boosted exponentially. Not combined with the fact that Vulcan could attempt to absorb Thanos's various energy blasts.

Magneto now I am not as sure about. He is more one to manipulate the environment around them. Or creating forcefields to protect the telepaths or Vulcan. Then he could attack Thanos if need be.

So that's what I would say overall. It may be a decent explanation or may sound like complete crap. Be sure to let me know what you think.

Thanos is a master strategist so I think he would handle it as follows.

God Cable is the biggest overt threat. I think the Mad Titan places him in a forceblock as soon as possible.

X-Man will be pushed to his limits and I don't think he has ever matched someone as powerful as Thanos unamped.

Two big problems for the Conqueror.

Vulcan and Exodus.

I think Exodus, Magneto and the Psionics attack just as you stated.

Thanos's psionic defense is probably the best in comics. They would have him occupied but not diminished.

VULCAN UNLEASHED!

Vulcan has been absorbing every bit of energy released in the battle. So it is Ultimate Vulcan against Thanos.

The question is whether Thanos can exceed the power unleashed against Vulcan in his battle against Boltagon.

If I had to bet I think Thanos outlasts Summers.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:34 PM
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by krisblaze
Shaman Nate above trans? The hell are you guys smoking

At the end of his arc Shaman Nate was pushing the limits of that tier with ease.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 10:36 PM