KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk VS Thanos: PREDICTIONS

What Happens In the Clash of Titans
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thanos Wins Convincingly 40 62.50%
The Hulk Wins 11 17.19%
Thanos and The Hulk Stalemate 13 20.31%
Total: 64 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hulk VS Thanos: PREDICTIONS
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (69): « First ... « 50 51 [52] 53 54 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

You should post more here Liam.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 03:08 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Waid is a moron. How in the world would the Hulk be more pissed now, than when he was when he wife was turned to ashes in his arms. These writers are absolute idiots at time. Take what they write with a grain of salt.

I don't want to defend Waid particularly as I hated his run, but I don't think the statement is all that indefensible.

The context of it was that Banner/Hulk believed that Tony Stark sabotaged the gamma bomb test and essentially was the entire reason that Banner became the Hulk in the first place. All of the bad stuff that had ever happened consequently - including the deaths of Jarella, Betty, Caeira etc, but also his life being ruined repeatedly for years, being hounded constantly etc etc - were thus on Stark's head. All of that guilt and fear and loathing that Banner/Hulk had carried around for years as a result of that fateful day was transferred onto Stark. I think it's pretty reasonable that he would be ridic angry at that point.

Whether one chooses to believe that it would make Banner/Hulk literally as angry as during World War Hulk is, as far as I can see, somewhat immaterial. The simple fact is that the writer of the scene clearly envisioned the Hulk as extremely angry to even make the comparison, which is more than enough evidence to debunk carver's stance that Hulk was completely calm.

Cheers.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 08:16 AM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by LGU
I don't want to defend Waid particularly as I hated his run, but I don't think the statement is all that indefensible.

The context of it was that Banner/Hulk believed that Tony Stark sabotaged the gamma bomb test and essentially was the entire reason that Banner became the Hulk in the first place. All of the bad stuff that had ever happened consequently - including the deaths of Jarella, Betty, Caeira etc, but also his life being ruined repeatedly for years, being hounded constantly etc etc - were thus on Stark's head. All of that guilt and fear and loathing that Banner/Hulk had carried around for years as a result of that fateful day was transferred onto Stark. I think it's pretty reasonable that he would be ridic angry at that point.

Whether one chooses to believe that it would make Banner/Hulk literally as angry as during World War Hulk is, as far as I can see, somewhat immaterial. The simple fact is that the writer of the scene clearly envisioned the Hulk as extremely angry to even make the comparison, which is more than enough evidence to debunk carver's stance that Hulk was completely calm.

Cheers.

I usually respect your posts 99% of the time but this is that 1% where I disagree with you entirely.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 03:04 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Haha so no actual rebuttal or counter argument, just saying you don't agree because you're flat out wrong.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 04:39 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Carver, I still want to hear you admit Thanos' superiority after the series concludes.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 06:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

You never responded to my post so that ain't happening.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 06:51 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carver9
You never responded to my post so that ain't happening.
Your post was way back. Not reading all this shit. You are in denial. Thanos has always been portrayed as greater. You know it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 03:22 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Carver, I still want to hear you admit Thanos' superiority after the series concludes.

laughing

He wont be posting here anymore after Thanos beats that ass.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:19 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
laughing

He wont be posting here anymore after Thanos beats that ass.

Carver is worried sick.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:20 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Carver is worried sick.

Carver actual sent me this pic of himself, he is worried sick.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:22 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Carver actual sent me this pic of himself, he is worried sick.

I think we ran him off the board.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:30 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think we ran him off the board.

The Straw that broke the camels back. laughing

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:31 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The Straw that broke the camels back. laughing
thumb up

Old Post Dec 21st, 2014 04:32 AM
LordofBrooklyn

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 08:43 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 12th, 2015 09:00 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol...Nothing to break about. It's a battle on the mental plane. A place where Thanos has control and he isn't even using his own power for this. He is hooked up to a machine iirc.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 01:45 PM
Estacado
Legendary

But what if Hulk wins?

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 02:05 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Haha desperate attempt to lowball already and the comic isn't even out yet

Old Post Jan 13th, 2015 02:06 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

Just read the issue. The entire "fight" takes place in a virtual reality which houses the spiritual consciousnesses of Thanos, Hulk and Banner. Thanos is able to manipulate and control the rules of the virtual reality at will, including weakening the Hulk's consciousness. Banner uses his smarts to briefly much with Thanos's control over the VR, but ultimately his intellect pales into comparison with Thanos and consequently Thanos dominates the mental exchange (though it is directly attributed to being an intelligence feat rather than a physical one).

Judging by the end of the issue and solicits for the next two, I don't think we are going to get an actual, real, physical fight between Hulk and Thanos at all. Talk about an anti-climax...

Cheers.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 03:35 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2015 04:29 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote