KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Malgus vs Plo Koon

Darth Malgus vs Plo Koon
Started by: Trocity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Except he did it almost casually, wasn't even at his strongest yet and he'd be effected by the fight just as much as she was. In fact she'd hit him twice with her sabers by this point.

Furthermore we should consider his feats in TOR. Anyone who can toss around Strike Teams of that caliber isn't going to have to try against Plo Koon.

Last edited by Nephthys on Oct 2nd, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 11:21 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys

Furthermore we should consider his feats in TOR. Anyone who can toss around Strike Teams of that caliber isn't going to have to try against Plo Koon.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

The reason why Koon is said to be comparable to Malgus on CV is that those feats from TOR are considered inconsistent, or at least showings that Malgus can only perform under exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, collectively, the strike team should be vastly above Malgus, and to my knowledge, there is no evidence that the latter improved much in power after Deceived.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 01:26 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Except he did it almost casually, wasn't even at his strongest yet and he'd be effected by the fight just as much as she was. In fact she'd hit him twice with her sabers by this point.

Well, I definitely wouldn't consider it a casual lightning. Aryn wouldn't feel it as more powerful than anything she experienced otherwise. I think it was more to do with the fact that he was getting angrier and angrier during fight "Anakin style", plus she refrained from using anger, which made her stronger in their first encounter.

And yes, his feat of fighting a strike team is much better example.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Why the laugh? At the end of the fight he did one-shot her and that wasn't even his peak.

Anakin also two shotted Dooku... at the end of their fight. laughing

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 02:05 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Malgus received an amp then beat her. After the amp he one-shot her.

Originally posted by Nargaroth
The reason why Koon is said to be comparable to Malgus on CV is that those feats from TOR are considered inconsistent, or at least showings that Malgus can only perform under exceptional circumstances.

So in other words you just dismiss his best feats? Theres nothing inconsistent with Malgus' feats nor was there any exceptional circumstance in TOR that made him perform better. In Deceived he received a permanent amp through deepening his connection to the darkside, and then spent a decade or two preparing for his ascension. But even before that I don't consider Koon comparable to him.

Furthermore, collectively, the strike team should be vastly above Malgus, and to my knowledge, there is no evidence that the latter improved much in power after Deceived.

Do you not think that his performance against the Strike Team is evidence that he improved after Deceived?

Originally posted by Arhael
Well, I definitely wouldn't consider it a casual lightning. Aryn wouldn't feel it as more powerful than anything she experienced otherwise. I think it was more to do with the fact that he was getting angrier and angrier during fight "Anakin style", plus she refrained from using anger, which made her stronger in their first encounter.

And yes, his feat of fighting a strike team is much better example.

.... Unless he'd received a powerup before he attacked her? I mean, the text directly says that he does it almost casually, yet that its power exceeded anything prior. And I don't buy him getting angrier. Before he beat her she sensed sympathy and pity from him and afterwards she felt only ambivalence.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 02:18 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Yeah I don't agree with that inconsistent statement either. That's like dismissing Luke's high end feats because he also gets tagged by Lumiya. And Caedus isn't a top sith because Mara almost killed him.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 02:20 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Do you not think that his performance against the Strike Team is evidence that he improved after Decieved?

What performance? We don't even see the fight.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 02:32 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Malgus received an amp then beat her. After the amp he one-shot her.

So in other words you just dismiss his best feats? Theres nothing inconsistent with Malgus' feats nor was there any exceptional circumstance in TOR that made him perform better. In Deceived he received a permanent amp through deepening his connection to the darkside, and then spent a decade or two preparing for his ascension. But even before that I don't consider Koon comparable to him.

I was just saying that it is considered inconsistent, but I'm not too convinced about this.

Regardless, just PUSHING them is not overwhelming, because even if an opponent is vastly above you, you can still push them (for example see Ventress and Nightsisters vs Dooku).

Do you not think that his performance against the Strike Team is evidence that he improved after Deceived?

Perhaps, but I doubt the improvement was so huge, and there's still the fact that the strike team should be far above Malgus.

Originally posted by Trocity
Yeah I don't agree with that inconsistent statement either. That's like dismissing Luke's high end feats because he also gets tagged by Lumiya. And Caedus isn't a top sith because Mara almost killed him.

Actually, both high-end and low-end feats should be dismissed when comparing characters. Feats that show what ther're normally capable of doing should be more important. Or at least that's how I personally try to judge characters.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The reason why Koon is said to be comparable to Malgus on CV is that those feats from TOR are considered inconsistent, or at least showings that Malgus can only perform under exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, collectively, the strike team should be vastly above Malgus, and to my knowledge, there is no evidence that the latter improved much in power after Deceived.

I don't see that personally. Again Revan sent Vitiate flying back on a darkside nexus, Malgus has proven he has immense TK, and the only notable fighter on that team was HoT. Malgus had just gained an immense boon of power due to killing his lover, and had grown much more powerful than he had ever been before. Also its irrelevant whether or not he was that powerful, as the team did eventually beat him.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2014 05:35 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 19th, 2014 at 07:19 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 07:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Deceived Malgus wins in a good fight
Upgrade Malgus wins more decisively.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 08:00 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm uncertain if Plo would lose to Deceived Malgus. Deceived Malgus should be roughly as skilled as Opress, but Plo is more skillfull and just better than Zallow in every conceivable fashion. Speed, physical strength, should be even- but Plo is more skilled than Malgus at this point. I was thinking that Malgus could take some wins in a similar fashion as Opress did, but I'm not sure.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 08:11 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I favour Malgus slightly because he has nearly every advantage other than saber skill over Plo. Speed is even enough, but strength, endurance, durability, battle-tactics, martial arts, Force power, skill with the Force combatively and a propensity to use it this way, are all in favour of Malgus.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Last edited by ILS on Nov 19th, 2014 at 09:45 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 09:40 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Bump

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Malgus handily

Greater skill feats much greater power in the force

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 04:48 AM
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by carthage
Malgus handily

Greater skill feats much greater power in the force

Unless Malgus is in a creek, in which case he loses.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

its def closer than malgus vs kenobi

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 06:01 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

But who wins?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 08:56 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Plo. smile

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 09:11 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote