KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vitiate (no lightning) vs Yuuzhan Vong

Vitiate (no lightning) vs Yuuzhan Vong
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Except they all dissipate when hit.

Again, that's the whole point.

Besides, he doesn't necessarily need them.

quote:
You're acting like those illusions have actually lasted longer than a second each. Against the Vong who might not even see them or react to them, for all we know, they won't be helping Vitiate much. The fact that T3 can see them shows they might be detectable, but even then the HoT could have just pointed them out.

I thought we were talking about his force attacks? Not his duplications.

quote:
Not really. It actually took him time to concentrate it. He didn't instantly attack anyone.

No, he quickly got his one hand up and forks of lightning occurred on top of the jedi which kept them all busy trying to defend against it and gave him the time to charge for another attack.

He is specifically gifted with aoe attacks and could do the same here. Again though, 20 of them might be too much especially since lightning is banned.

Last edited by Sinious on Oct 9th, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Sinious
Again, that's the whole point.

Besides, he doesn't necessarily need them.

Against, Vong? Yeah he will. He's got nothing else on his side here except Lightning, which he'll need time to charge. The Vong can phase through the illusions with ease, they have no use to Vitiate here anymore than they did with the HoT.
quote:

I thought we were talking about his force attacks? Not his duplications.

Hardly any of his Force attacks will affect the Vong. He'll need the illusions to use the one he actually has.
quote:

No, he quickly got his one hand up and forks of lightning occurred on top of the jedi which kept them all busy trying to defend against it and gave him the time to charge for another attack.

Actually it doesn't happen that way in the scene. It arcs around the corners of the platform, and he slowly moves it in towards the Jedi.
quote:

He is specifically gifted with aoe attacks and could do the same here. Again though, 20 of them might be too much especially since lightning is banned.

His only AOE is Lightning. The only single one actually shown sans ritual. Vitiate's done without it.

On a side note, why are we talking about Lightning then?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 01:06 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Against, Vong? Yeah he will. He's got nothing else on his side here except Lightning, which he'll need time to charge. The Vong can phase through the illusions with ease, they have no use to Vitiate here anymore than they did with the HoT.

confused What? If they are no use to him, why does he need them?

quote:
Hardly any of his Force attacks will affect the Vong. He'll need the illusions to use the one he actually has.

Are you saying that the only actual force power he has is lightning?

quote:

Actually it doesn't happen that way in the scene. It arcs around the corners of the platform, and he slowly moves it in towards the Jedi.

Yes, his lightning surrounds them. Fast enough to lock them down before they can even get closer to him. And then he adds up even more lightning to the soup as he concentrates on HoT and Braga this time. There is no charging/prep here as much as you want to have it.

Oh and also, he did all this trying not to kill them. If he went all out, he could've done it even more casually.

quote:
His only AOE is Lightning. The only single one actually shown sans ritual. Vitiate's done without it.

On a side note, why are we talking about Lightning then?

As I said before:

I think the key here is whether to take his accolades seriously or not and use common sense. Vitiate's main ability onscreen is lightning but considering that he spent 1400 years mastering the dark side of the force, he undoubtedly knows/has a lot of force powers.

However, if we are to assume he is only capable of what he displayed onscreen, taking the lighting away is a big deal especially since he won't be able to use TK much in this setting.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

confused What? If they are no use to him, why does he need them?

lol, I don't see how this semantics nitpicking is supposed to help your case; freshestslice is obviously saying that Vitiate would need his lightning to work to take out the Vong, but he won't get a chance to do so, because there are simply too many of them.

quote:

Are you saying that the only actual force power he has is lightning?

No, but even Kyp Durron, experienced with fighting the Vong and an infinitely superior swordsman to Vitiate, struggled against a single infected Slayer. Here we have one at full health, and twenty warriors. Vitiate is no Skywalker; he holds much raw power, but strip away his key fallbacks, and his combative ability goes to crap.

quote:

Yes, his lightning surrounds them. Fast enough to lock them down before they can even get closer to him. And then he adds up even more lightning to the soup as he concentrates on HoT and Braga this time. There is no charging/prep here as much as you want to have it.

Oh and also, he did all this trying not to kill them. If he went all out, he could've done it even more casually.

As I said before:

OK, let's say he could win with lightning; without it, there isn't really much he can do to pull himself out of a mess with 21 warriors that can kill himself at close range really, really quickly, given Vitiate's forgettable lightsaber skillset. He is not used to the Vong's force immunity; the time needed to recognize this and come up with adaptations alone might be too much for him to survive. He will have to improvise using the earth as projectiles, or something of that nature, and it just isn't going to be something he can do on the fly against 21 YV without warning or prep time.

As for offensive Force abilities outside of lightning the Vong would be immune to the vast majority of them. And I'm pretty sure the spirit of the OP is to ban any physical manifestations of the Force, whether you call it "force lightning", "force storm" or "blue flash of powerful energy".

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 09:51 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Skybreaker
lol, I don't see how this semantics nitpicking is supposed to help your case; freshestslice is obviously saying that Vitiate would need his lightning to work to take out the Vong, but he won't get a chance to do so, because there are simply too many of them.

No, but even Kyp Durron, experienced with fighting the Vong and an infinitely superior swordsman to Vitiate, struggled against a single infected Slayer. Here we have one at full health, and twenty warriors. Vitiate is no Skywalker; he holds much raw power, but strip away his key fallbacks, and his combative ability goes to crap.

No, I actually didnt understand what his point was.

As I said earlier, I don't remember how many Vong were there to face them in NJO so I'm not sure what 20 Vong stands for.

quote:
OK, let's say he could win with lightning; without it, there isn't really much he can do to pull himself out of a mess with 21 warriors that can kill himself at close range really, really quickly, given Vitiate's forgettable lightsaber skillset. He is not used to the Vong's force immunity; the time needed to recognize this and come up with adaptations alone might be too much for him to survive. He will have to improvise using the earth as projectiles, or something of that nature, and it just isn't going to be something he can do on the fly against 21 YV without warning or prep time.

I never said he wins. He won't go down easily though. His force defenses are quite strong and he can always leap around to avoid getting surrounded. Due to what you said here, I think Vong has a really good chance here but not as easily as you think.

quote:
As for offensive Force abilities outside of lightning the Vong would be immune to the vast majority of them. And I'm pretty sure the spirit of the OP is to ban any physical manifestations of the Force, whether you call it "force lightning", "force storm" or "blue flash of powerful energy".

I think he means FL and FLS. Not really sure though.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 10:11 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't Krayt slaughter a ton of Vong warriors with just lightning when he escaped? If Vitiate had that ability then he'd take this comfortably.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah... no lightning here... talking about it does not help determine a victor.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 12:40 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I have to agree with Nephthys on this one.
Spot on man!
Originally posted by Nephthys
And Vitiate was made to back off by one too. When it fired on him by surprise because he hadn't given two shits about it until that point.

Vitiate will go down hard, seeing as he was pushed back by a droid. His combat awareness is also negligible, given that [Batman]"he never learned to mind his surroundings" [/Batman]

Vong win this.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Stigma

Vitiate will go down hard, seeing as he was pushed back by a droid. His combat awareness is also negligible, given that [Batman]"he never learned to mind his surroundings" [/Batman]

At least Carthage can manage to be funny sometimes. Just saying...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 03:01 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

The fact that you thought I was joking only showcases your ignorance. Vitiate is no joke, man.

But Neph makes a strong case supporting Vong. If a droid can surprise and make Vitiate back off, imagine what Vong will do to him. He displayed lack of proper battle awareness that will be his undoing.

Carthage is beneath me, he is a troll who preys on you. Don’t you see?! For instance, he spitefully claims that Bane is weak, while it is sooo obvious he is really, like, really strong.
I'm posititve he must have a grudge against Vitiate too. Don't be easily fooled like you always do!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The fact that you thought I was joking only showcases your ignorance. Vitiate is no joke, man.

But Neph makes a strong case supporting Vong. If a droid can surprise and make Vitiate back off, imagine what Vong will do to him. He displayed lack of proper battle awareness that will be his undoing.

Because he was focused on the much more dangerous Revan. And he easily dealt with T3 anyway. In this fight, he'll need to pay attention to all these dudes.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 08:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Carthage is beneath me, he is a troll who preys on you. Don’t you see?! For instance, he spitefully claims that Bane is weak, while it is sooo obvious he is really, like, really strong.
I'm posititve he must have a grudge against Vitiate too. Don't be easily fooled like you always do!

You overvalue yourself boy.

I don't ever remember taking Carthage seriously. His trolling only bothers me cause he spams threads with constant, stupid posts. Also what a lot of people are doing here is not allowing others to think his BS is what the majority thinks.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 12:12 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

What is wrong with you? Can't you see Vitiate's lack of info still means that we have to keep all of what Sinious's implies as feats he can actually accomplish irregardless? Sinious is right Vitiate oneshot a dark council without a nexus or prep or anything, these Vong and their bugs can't do a damn thing regardless of the fact there are more and Vitiate is in an open area.

Keep this up Sigma, you will always be an insect to me.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 12:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don't ever remember taking Carthage seriously. His trolling only bothers me cause he spams threads with constant, stupid posts. Also what a lot of people are doing here is not allowing others to think his BS is what the majority thinks.

thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 12:17 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

You embarrass yourself with this since I still haven't said Vitiate wins. Just disagreeing with your ignorant opinion which is Vitiate would get stomped here.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 12:18 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wasn't even speaking with you. I was talking to Stigma who things the Vong will stomp Vitiate which is completely untrue?!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 12:20 AM
Q99

Didn't Krayt slaughter a ton of Vong warriors with just lightning when he escaped? If Vitiate had that ability then he'd take this comfortably.

Yes, he killed all the ones on the ship he was on, thought that would be going corridors and rooms and such, and after he'd had some good experience with them and knew their weapons and such.

I sincerely doubt that he'd run into a situation where he'd take on 20 without cover at once.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

But Vitiate is vastly superior as a Force User to that version of Hett.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 10:07 AM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I’m not your boy, hun.

And if I were, you’d be bend over and spreading your cheeks in anticipation of my MC Hammer.

Originally posted by carthage
What is wrong with you? Can't you see Vitiate's lack of info still means that we have to keep all of what Sinious's implies as feats he can actually accomplish irregardless? Sinious is right Vitiate oneshot a dark council without a nexus or prep or anything, these Vong and their bugs can't do a damn thing regardless of the fact there are more and Vitiate is in an open area.

Keep this up Sigma, you will always be an insect to me.

Haha, if I’m an insect you’re a bacteria. Neph speaks the truth, if a droid can stun Vitiate, the Vong will eat him for breakfast.
Of course, this has no bearing on the obvious fact that Vitiate did one-shot DC because it’s obvious. I mean we don’t even need to know the exact circumstances of that event, right?

Regardless, I am again forced to agree with Neph’s point here
Because he was focused on the much more dangerous Revan. And he easily dealt with T3 anyway. In this fight, he'll need to pay attention to all these dudes.

Exactly.
Vitiate won’t be able to keep up with all 20 of them, given that a droid and Revan made him squirm.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 07:34 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Haha, if I’m an insect you’re a bacteria. Neph speaks the truth, if a droid can stun Vitiate, the Vong will eat him for breakfast.
Of course, this has no bearing on the obvious fact that Vitiate did one-shot DC because it’s obvious. I mean we don’t even need to know the exact circumstances of that event, right?

Bacteria?! Wtf is wrong with you, if I'm "bacteria" you're sub atomic particles. Vitiate is a vastly superior force user to Krayt, he has plenty of showings of his own power. He can kill these Vong with the power of suggestion, The TOR posters are right that his implied power is enough to kill the Vong. You need to get with the program here, you always run your mouth about Vitiate and you need to accept the fact he's the supreme god of prep

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 07:44 PM