KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Superman Prime VS THE DBZ UNIVERSE

Superman Prime VS THE DBZ UNIVERSE
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

Superman Prime VS THE DBZ UNIVERSE

SUPERMAN PRIME

(please log in to view the image)

VS

The DBZ Universe!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 11:17 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

u wot m8.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2014 11:40 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
u wot m8.

You concede that they all die.

Accepted! cool

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:43 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Scream sure is a DBZtard.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You concede that they all die.

Accepted! cool

I am the anti-Carver, now get out of my house.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 12:46 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I am the anti-Carver, now get out of my house.

NEVER!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 01:40 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

House of El Stomps

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 02:32 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

LoB, have you gotten Carver's opinion on this fight yet?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2014 04:30 PM
LordofBrooklyn

LoB, have you gotten Carver's opinion on this fight yet?

Carver says Broly is the last man standing and uses Vegeta and Goku's corpses as clubs against Superman.

I believe you came up with this scenario first.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 01:12 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Superman PRIME??!? But that's not fair...

Whis is our only hope. Or a Whis Bills FUSION! OR A SUPERSAIYAN GOD VEGETO!

Unless we get to this level DBZ is gonna die.

Or they all train and you just made them all stronger by introducing Superman Prime to their universe.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 03:07 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko

Or they all train and you just made them all stronger by introducing Superman Prime to their universe.
None of those save them. Captain housekeeper of the House of El has ensured the defeat of the DBZverse by using prime.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 03:11 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Yeah pretty much but I can hope.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2014 03:17 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko

At this point, most powerful DBZ characters are Godku, Beers and Whis, with Beers being a casual Solar System destroyer, and thus multi SS level at his 100%.
We also know that, for comparison sake, Godku is 6, Beers is 10 and Whis is 15.
No one of them can keep up with Prime, as far as I'm concerned, but a Ssj God Vegetto I think could, and quite well at that: in fact, we know that Godku power is the result of combination of the Ssj God boost and base Goku's level.
Now, given the huge gap base Vegetto had over base Goku (base Vegetto >= Ultimate Gohan > Ssj3 Gotenks >= Super Boo > Ssj2 Gotenks > Ssj Gotenks (post RoSat) > base Gotenks (post RoSat) > Ssj3 Goku > Ssj2 Goku > Ssj Goku > base Goku), a hypothetical God Vegetto would come up with a level in the high thousands (if not millions), compared to Whis being at 15, for example.
So yeah, Prime could even get his ass kicked by that Vegetto (but Guardian Amped Prime would still win).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 03:21 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Whats the line thats making everyone say its a casual thing?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 03:55 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
(base Vegetto >= Ultimate Gohan > Ssj3 Gotenks >= Super Boo > Ssj2 Gotenks > Ssj Gotenks (post RoSat) > base Gotenks (post RoSat) > Ssj3 Goku > Ssj2 Goku > Ssj Goku > base Goku)
The part of the show in which base Vegito battled Buuhan for a while is non-canon anime filler. In the manga, Vegito transformed into a SSJ almost immediately after conception--he never battled Buuhan for any length of time in his base form.

Though in this particular forum, the anime may take precedence. Dunno. /shrug

Originally posted by BloodRain
Whats the line thats making everyone say its a casual thing?
That's just opinion. The exact line from Whis(in the official English dub) is as follows:
"Attention! Please watch your language, lest you offend Beerus. Otherwise he won't just destroy the Earth, but the entire solar system as well."

The ease in which Beerus can solar system-bust was left ambiguous, at best.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 11th, 2014 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 07:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wasn't the translation that he could destroy a galaxy solar system in an instant?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:48 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Originally posted by Galan007
The part of the show in which base Vegito battled Buuhan for a while is non-canon anime filler. In the manga, Vegito transformed into a SSJ almost immediately after conception--he never battled Buuhan for any length of time in his base form.

Though in this particular forum, the anime may take precedence. Dunno. /shrug

When there's a contradiction between manga and anime, manga obviously takes precedence; in this case however, base Vegetto makes his move only in the anime, so him being that powerful contradicts nothing.
Anyway, even if you don't have him around Ultimate Gohan's power, base Vegetto must still be worlds ahead of base Goku, since as a mere Ssj, embarassed Boohan, the strongest DBZ villain, without using his arms; also, Ssj Vegetto is so far above Boo that he was the only one (alongside the Genkidama) able to vanish Boo up to molecular level.

Originally posted by Galan007 That's just opinion. The exact line from Whis(in the official English dub) is as follows:
"Attention! Please watch your language, lest you offend Beerus. Otherwise he won't just destroy the Earth, but the entire solar system as well."

The ease in which Beerus can solar system-bust was left ambiguous, at best.

That's not an opinion.
Also, you shouldn't go by unreliable dubs, but only by original japanese lines.
Indeed, according to Herms' translations at Kanzenshuu, the original line from Whis says: "「あっという間に太陽系ごと破壊されてしまわれます」", which means, literally, that "“The entire solar system will be destroyed in an instant.”
Now, besides the fact that this line must make Beerss massively FTL in speed and/or energy spread, we also know, from canon manga and official guidebooks as Daiz and SEG, that SPC "has enough energy to destroy a SS".
All of ths easily makes of Beerus a Multi SS level threat, unless someone wants to deny official canon sources, in which case I have nothing more to say.
Also, finally, going by english dub they make Beerus even stronger, since he is portrayed as a Galaxy cluster destroyer (line which doesn't exist in the original japanese translation).

This should also answer BloodRain's question.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:50 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
Wasn't the translation that he could destroy a galaxy solar system in an instant?
That's what my fan-dub said, yes.

I'm not saying Beerus can't wipe out the solar system in one fell swoop, btw. Just pointing out the English dub's line is all. thumb up

When there's a contradiction between manga and anime, manga obviously takes precedence; in this case however, base Vegetto makes his move only in the anime, so him being that powerful contradicts nothing.
Anyway, even if you don't have him around Ultimate Gohan's power, base Vegetto must still be worlds ahead of base Goku, since as a mere Ssj, embarassed Boohan, the strongest DBZ villain, without using his arms; also, Ssj Vegetto is so far above Boo that he was the only one (alongside the Genkidama) able to vanish Boo up to molecular level.
No need for these long and unneeded write-ups. I'm just telling you that the scene you're using to judge Vegito's base PL is non-canon anime filler. That is all. thumb up

That's not an opinion.
Also, you shouldn't go by unreliable dubs, but only by original japanese lines.
Indeed, according to Herms' translations at Kanzenshuu, the original line from Whis says: "「あっという間に太陽系ごと破壊されてしまわれます」", which means, literally, that "“The entire solar system will be destroyed in an instant.”
Not saying he's wrong, but telling me that I should hold a fan's translation in higher esteem than the official English dub is kind of silly/ironic.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 11th, 2014 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

That's what my fan-dub said, yes.

I'm not saying Beerus can't wipe out the solar system in one fell swoop, btw. Just pointing out the English dub's line is all. thumb up

I'm just telling you that original japanese work is > any english dub, which is just a subordinate source in quality.

No need for these long and unneeded write-ups. I'm just telling you that the scene you're using to judge Vegito's base PL is non-canon anime filler. That is all. thumb up

You don't have to tell me base Vegetto's fight is filler, I know that.
That's why I wrote that long write-up, as you called it. thumb up

Not saying he's wrong, but telling me that I should hold a fan's translation in higher esteem than the official English dub is kind of silly/ironic.

Fan translation?
Err, Kanzenshuu is the most trustable DB surce you can find worldwide on the internet, and amongst them, Herms is probably the landmark.
When it comes to DB, this is the best source bar none, and DB enthusiasts know that.
English dub is just rubbish in comparison, or, to better say it, it's decent when you want to have fun watching the show with your friends, but it isn't even worthy to be considered when debating or when you want to really know even the smallest detail about AT's work.
But this not because it is the english dub mind you, it's the same with everything that isn't the original japanese source.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 10:16 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

So its only said he's a SS buster when pissed, nothing about it being casual at all?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 10:39 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote