KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Superman Prime VS THE DBZ UNIVERSE

Superman Prime VS THE DBZ UNIVERSE
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Werewolf582
If you could bench 200 pounds that automatically means you can destroy those weights?

Have fun breaking your hand.
No, but I could sure as **** break a two hundred pound sand castle in half. If it has a solid bottom (if it's in a big bucket) I could lift it too.

It requires more energy to move a planet any decent distance (Prime moved so many planets such great distances the center of the universe was changed) than it takes to destroy a planet.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 07:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

We see a lot of comic characters next to planets and they aren't as small as they should be.

Some attacks are.
Sure, but there's actual evidence those planets are, in fact, planets.

All evidence points toward them being small.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 07:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Are a great example.

A single textbook has incredible tensile strength, and it is very hard to rip apart, despite being very light.

Now, if you have a textbook made of the same material, floating through space, but with a mass measurable in thousands of tons which has volume to match, someone strong enough to manipulate that book could easily pull apart its binding because the material simply doesn't have the tensile strength to support its own structure in the same way as a smaller version would.

Space cheese.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:06 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Space cheese.
What?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:17 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Originally posted by NemeBro
No, but I could sure as **** break a two hundred pound sand castle in half. If it has a solid bottom (if it's in a big bucket) I could lift it too.

It requires more energy to move a planet any decent distance (Prime moved so many planets such great distances the center of the universe was changed) than it takes to destroy a planet.

Great example (If the sand could stay together long enough)

Our planet weighs 5.9736×1024kg.

However it takes like 53 quadrillion megatons (which is the minimum) to destroy Earth.

Not only that a good example of Striking feats > Lifting and pushing feats is DBZ itself. There pushing and lifting feats are shit however thier striking feats are top notch.

Not only that just because you lift a lot, doesn't mean you can punch harder. Money Mayweather is a VERY good example and this site is also helpful.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-...ng-power-part-2

Last edited by Werewolf582 on Oct 20th, 2014 at 08:20 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:17 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

What?

Space cheese is a term pretty much saying its a feat in space.

On the moon I could lift a large ass boulder like its nothing, however, I couldn't do that on our planet itself.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:18 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Space cheese is a term pretty much saying its a feat in space.

On the moon I could lift a large ass boulder like its nothing, however, I couldn't do that on our planet itself.
My example isn't space cheese, though. Those rules hold up on Earth, it was floating in space for comedic value.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:31 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good.

Only Darkseid is physically stronger than characters in his setting who have moved mountains. No DBZ character has physically moved a planet, or anything close to it.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p05.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p06.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p07.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p08.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p16.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...ntdown13p17.jpg

Show me where it is indicated that he was KO'd, even temporarily.

KO Carver. laughing laughing

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 08:34 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Great example (If the sand could stay together long enough)

Our planet weighs 5.9736×1024kg.

However it takes like 53 quadrillion megatons (which is the minimum) to destroy Earth.

Not only that a good example of Striking feats > Lifting and pushing feats is DBZ itself. There pushing and lifting feats are shit however thier striking feats are top notch.

You think all you have to do to move Earth out of the solar system is lift the Earth's weight?

Hell no. You have to overpower the very orbit that has been moving that planet for billions of years and then move it someplace else.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ve-earth.63459/

According to this, the energy required to move Earth to Mars is about five times greater than the energy required to destroy a planet.

quote:
Not only that just because you lift a lot, doesn't mean you can punch harder. Money Mayweather is a VERY good example and this site is also helpful.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-...ng-power-part-2

I'm sure if Superboy Prime improved his technique he would indeed punch even harder.

But he can still punch hard enough to take out high heralds who can withstand being crushed between two planets, and core strength for a strong punch is still strength.

Keep in mind though that Superboy Prime (And the Z fighters for that matter) aren't bound by the same physical limitations we humans are. They can fly. They take the ground factor out of the equation entirely, and essentially turn themselves into man-sized bullets. Prime is just a much faster, stronger bullet.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 09:32 PM
Werewolf582

You think all you have to do to move Earth out of the solar system is lift the Earth's weight?

Hell no. You have to overpower the very orbit that has been moving that planet for billions of years and then move it someplace else.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ve-earth.63459/

According to this, the energy required to move Earth to Mars is about five times greater than the energy required to destroy a planet.

I'm sure if Superboy Prime improved his technique he would indeed punch even harder.

But he can still punch hard enough to take out high heralds who can withstand being crushed between two planets, and core strength for a strong punch is still strength.

Keep in mind though that Superboy Prime (And the Z fighters for that matter) aren't bound by the same physical limitations we humans are. They can fly. They take the ground factor out of the equation entirely, and essentially turn themselves into man-sized bullets. Prime is just a much faster, stronger bullet.

Depends on the size of the planet where talking about.

I'm not saying Superboy can't hard, I'm saying lifting something doesn't automatically mean you can destroy it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 09:58 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Depends on the size of the planet where talking about.

I'm not saying Superboy can't hard, I'm saying lifting something doesn't automatically mean you can destroy it.
But if lifting and moving something takes enough force to destroy that thing, you can. smile

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 10:08 PM
Werewolf582

But if lifting and moving something takes enough force to destroy that thing, you can. smile
Not really. I can push a tractor tire but I'm not destroying it. In fact I can push a regular tire and I still couldn't destroy it.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 10:29 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Lifting or moving a tractor tire doesn't take enough force to destroy it, so again, your example fails.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 10:50 PM
Werewolf582

Lifting or moving a tractor tire doesn't take enough force to destroy it
Exactly.

So just because you can lift or push something, that doesn't mean you can destroy it. Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 10:54 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 11:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
Like throwing snowballs at him huh?

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...muchforgls3.jpg

"Nnnnnghhhh"

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/...muchforgls4.jpg

"Aaaaarrrrrr"

Antimatter is a good ft though.
I like how you post scans of Prime utterly shit-stomping some of the most powerful Green Lanterns DC has ever produced, and try to twisting them into poor showings for Prime. Lol.

Also, you realize that GL auto-shields have tanked black holes under Johns' pen, right? Well, Prime(also under Johns' pen) shredded through said shielding like paper mache in those scans.

Yep, Prime is uber, indeed. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 11:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Carver shifting the goal posts again

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 12:18 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
I like how you post scans of Prime utterly shit-stomping some of the most powerful Green Lanterns DC has ever produced, and try to twisting them into poor showings for Prime. Lol.

Also, you realize that GL auto-shields have tanked black holes under Johns' pen, right? Well, Prime(also under Johns' pen) shredded through said shielding like paper mache in those scans.

Yep, Prime is uber, indeed. thumb up

Never said he couldn't beat them, but what I posted was proof that they can damage him and as shown, they did.

Prime is indeed uber.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 02:23 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Unless your destroying that thing by pushing or lifting it I don't see how that logic works.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 02:36 AM
Werewolf582

@Carver

Do you honestly see the DBZverse winning?

SuperBOY prime was taking on the Teen Titans, Doom Patrol, AND the JLA, killed several of their members and even admitted to nightwing that he wasn't even trying in that fight.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 02:42 AM