KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015

New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I just wish they were better.

The events? Yea.

I don't know how Marvel can have so many good books, and even good long-term planning, and yet have so many weak events. Especially the big ones.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 04:42 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Some of the events start off good and then fall apart halfway.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 04:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Kazenji

And I wanna say- I like a lot of the X-events before AvX broke the trend (like, they weren't A+ events, but solid Bs, you know? Plus in a good arc, which added to it).

I like the run of space events that ended with Thanos Imperative (now there were some As! With some Bs mixed in, but still).

They clearly have people who can do great events, so why do the main ones range from, 'eh, not bad exactly, but didn't really live up to the potential (Secret Invasion, Siege, C material),' to just 'blaaaah, who dropped the act-like-idiots bomb?' (Civil War, AvX).

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 06:41 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I never had a problem with the AvX event like most folks on this forum.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 06:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It's better than Fear Itself, Secret Invasion, Ultron Imperative or Siege.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 03:13 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i thought so too. even though i didn't love what happened to the pf in it, i still thought for the most part it was pretty well done. 7/10 imo. fear itself sucked arse, badly as did secret invasion imo. ultron was a near utter non-event imo, barely worth mentioning....

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 05:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Sorry, Age of Ultron instead of Ultron Imperative, the latter is a mini. Stupid comicbook names sad

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

My biggest problem with AvX was how dumb the Avengers were.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 08:48 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Pretty much most do, yeah. Marvel should stop pumping out so many events and think better with them. Maybe one every other year. Marvel has been in event mode for a while now and it's silly. Take a breather and focus on your other books and make them better.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:05 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Now Marvel has released news of a Wolverine weekly series. So, this new Secret Wars sounds similar to what DC is doing with their band aid event and now a weekly series with Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:11 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

AvX suffered the large problem of only being a plot because there was so little attempt at dialog between teams that should be on reasonable terms ("You! People who always handle the Phoenix! Give us the phoenix host potential- who Wolverine has suggested killing- right now, no discussion!"), and Capt kept poking Cyclops with a stick until things finally blew up.

It was so forced. Practically every problem in the series was caused by the Avengers (either the splitting of the phoenix force, or the attacking the P5 until they lost control when initially they were doing well), yet the narrative treated them like we were supposed to side with them.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2014 09:25 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

The only good part of AvX was Hope punching Cyclops to the moon

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:58 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Man AvX was shit...

Better than Fear Itself sure, but still shit.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 02:03 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Fear Itself had the Thing kicking Red Hulk's ass. Your point is invalid

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 02:21 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I stand corrected.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 02:23 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Q99
AvX suffered the large problem of only being a plot because there was so little attempt at dialog between teams that should be on reasonable terms ("You! People who always handle the Phoenix! Give us the phoenix host potential- who Wolverine has suggested killing- right now, no discussion!"), and Capt kept poking Cyclops with a stick until things finally blew up.

It was so forced. Practically every problem in the series was caused by the Avengers (either the splitting of the phoenix force, or the attacking the P5 until they lost control when initially they were doing well), yet the narrative treated them like we were supposed to side with them.

yeah, i can agree with this. i guess i sort of looked past the narrative because i thought the whole thing was pretty transparent--let's just have to 2 biggest teams finally have a huge knock down drag out big a$$ fight!!1! both sides acted like idiots, but you're right. cap in particular seemed to act ooc at times, but again, i chucked that all up to the fact that this was just intended to be a big brawl. i think some of the fights were cool so on the whole i didn't mind the series and i kind of liked the resolution of it all--the x-verse has FINALLY been integrated into the mainstream marvel verse instead of being out there on its own like it had been for so long. i think that was long overdo, even if the cause of it was a bit heavy-handed. i also liked some of the narration--parts of it seemed to NOT take itself too seriously, which was a blessing, and a rarity in these events.... could it have been better? absolutely. but i've read far worse as well and like it said, it DID break down that long-held x-wall....

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Q99

I agree with most of this. The X-Men fan in me wanted AvX to be great. The Cap vs. Cyclops center-stage appeal was just too tempting - but rather then even having a developed conflict stemming from political difference (Civil War had this going for it, even if the event doesn't hold up well in retrospect), it was just a plot device and a dick Captain America, followed by a dick Cyclops.

And the tie-ins were the worst

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 07:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Re: New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015

Originally posted by Stoic
This looks really interesting. I don't think I've had this feeling for a series in a very long time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...usive/16987121/

Poster

http://comicartcommunity.com/galler...65a760ee587d776

Anyone see that female Captain America? Ok like seriously guys...starting to take this PC to extreme levels.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Gotta say that new Goliath costume looks sick, to bad he's most likely an alternate universe version.

Don't use that word its been worn out.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:19 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Galan007
Hickman needs to finish SHIELD before he starts ANYTHING else.

...Still enjoy his work, though. F*ck the haterz. thumb up

Hickman was good till he got a hold of Thanos buddy

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 08:23 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

This might indeed be Marvel's version of COIE. So many characters from other dimensions on that poster - I'm even seeing Doctor Zero and St. George, from the defunct Shadowline series Marvel's Epic Comics line published in the late 1980's!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow...8Epic_Comics%29

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 12:50 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote