KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015

New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The 3 Secret Wars banners.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 10:45 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Something tells me that this is actually going to be a major shift in Marvel comics to better reflect the cinematic universe. Which I hate as an idea, but I think is what they are effectively about to do.

I mean, the movies are the current money makers. They don't have control over some properties and are actively minimizing their roles in the comics. Think about it: Wolverine got killed in the comics (owned by Fox). Peter Parker was killed in Ultimate Universe (owned by Sony). Inhumans just got an Uncanny line and are starring in AoS (X-men substitute essentially). Namor is getting killed. Deadpool is getting killed. The Fantastic Four comic got killed.

Everything that Marvel doesn't actually own is getting killed (X-men is too big to just kill), and I think if they have a counterpart (ie: Miles) from another Universe, they may be promoting them since, if Marvel gets Spiderman back, I doubt they are going to do another reboot of Parker.

Originally posted by krisblaze
Blair's right.

I don't want him to be right, but yeah...that sounds right on the money

Yeah, I don't like it either, but it's all about the money and control.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 05:11 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Secret wars gonna straight up be badass.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2015 06:34 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Well, it looks like there are only 20 universes left or so and that the ivory kings are actually [SPOILER - highlight to read]: beyonders

Looks like Marvel is flushing 50-60 years of comics down the drain to increase sales a bit and coincide with the movies.

Greedy *****.

Thanks Estacado

Last edited by krisblaze on Jan 28th, 2015 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 04:36 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

So now that we know who the Ivory Kings are, and anyone have guesses as to who Rabum Alal is? He must be pretty powerful to be competing with the Ivory Kings.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 05:10 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Beyonder is here....they ain't oped like him.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 06:49 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Is beyonder even in secret wars......

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 06:59 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ivory Kings ?

i'm guessing this is all in Hickman's Avengers books.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 11:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Kazenji
Ivory Kings ?

i'm guessing this is all in Hickman's Avengers books.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22039604/3.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22039605/4.jpg.html

Old Post Jan 28th, 2015 11:45 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Is Beyonder in secret wars 2015?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 12:37 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Is Beyonder in secret wars 2015?

We don't know yet.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 12:42 AM
BeyonderGod

I just found out he is....

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 02:26 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Marvel has started to announce LAST DAYS stories for some of the books

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=114468

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 07:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by krisblaze
Well, it looks like there are only 20 universes left or so and that the ivory kings are actually [SPOILER - highlight to read]: beyonders

Looks like Marvel is flushing 50-60 years of comics down the drain to increase sales a bit and coincide with the movies.

Greedy *****.

Hah. There's like, no chance they're rebooting the continuity. They're folding in Ultimates and maybe some other stuff, but there's titles we know are going through unaffected.

Some titles will end, others'll begin, it'll be big, but they are not flushing decades of comics. They're smarter than DC.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 01:11 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

well marvel during the live secret wars event said everything is gone.......just the battle world.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 03:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
They're smarter than DC.
Not really. They've just been able to watch DC preform company-wide reboots a few times now, so they *should* know what works and what doesn't.

That being said, I think the end result of this incursion thing(ie. only one primary universe in Marvel) is a good thing--they've needed to streamline continuity for a while now, imo. However, do I think relaunching all of their previous events under the "Secret Wars" brand makes sense? No, that's ridiculous. If you're going to let old continuity die... Then let old continuity die. Stop trying to milk the thing you're intentionally destroying for all it's worth.

So in that sense, they are just chasing dollars.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 29th, 2015 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 03:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Galan007
Not really. They've just been able to watch DC preform company-wide reboots a few times now, so they *should* know what works and what doesn't.

For about the last decade they've been a lot more into planning than DC, while DC wings it more. I do count that as 'smarter'.

This is going to be a huge event to be sure, lots of books are ending, but they aren't pulling a nu52.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 06:15 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
This is going to be a huge event to be sure, lots of books are ending, but they aren't pulling a nu52.
Sure they are. They are rebooting their entire cosmology, and streamlining it into a single universe. A few books will remain the same, but most of them will be retooled.

This is pretty much the exact same thing DC did with Flashpoint.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 06:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 06:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh, they will fix him.

By removing him entirely stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 29th, 2015 06:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote