KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015

New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « First ... « 56 57 [58] 59 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Hickman Thanos remains retarded. Still a really cool Doom moment though.

They had to stretch 7 into 2 issues where way too much emphasis was put on random nothings but we're expected to believe that the series will just end flawlessly in one issue when this is really the first time Doom gets confronted?

That extra issue should have actually cut into the downfall of Doom himself instead of the downfall of his empire. Or the last issue should be jam packed with IG vs Doom and throw in the plot device of Molecule Man cutting Doom off when things go bleak. That's really the only route they can go now since there's no room for a twist here. Or that's the hopeful end.

In the issue before the end Hickman introduced Franklactus, World Tree Groot, zombies, Black Panther IG, and Doomyonder onto the battlefield. Not to mention all the heroes. It's going to be way too hectic to finish well especially since it took 8 issues to have less happen than what has to happen in the finale (besides the first issue). Especially when you consider how long it took to get to this point. Years. And he has 5 characters that could be a major threat in any other event that just started to do things. Plus the waste on Hickman pages.

I like the event but all the happenings around it have ruined my enjoyment of comics. Delayed issue 9 is going to be a huge letdown imo. This whole thing was handled poorly from a great start.

Also is the preview released yet? This wait was exausting, and it worries me that I couldn't find the preview since I had to search around and apparently it's coming out next week. At this point in time I'm expecting a delay.

Edit: It worries me that there's no words in that preview since unlettered usually means two weeks at least.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jan 9th, 2016 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 06:05 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Also is the preview released yet? This wait was exausting, and it worries me that I couldn't find the preview since I had to search around and apparently it's coming out next week. At this point in time I'm expecting a delay.

Edit: It worries me that there's no words in that preview since unlettered usually means two weeks at least.

They might just be keeping it all under wraps since it's the last issue. Might not want to reveal anything about it.

But if a preview comes up lettered I'll be sure to post it in here straight away. And same if the release date changes.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2016 06:11 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I honestly stopped caring about this a while ago.

a.) The wait has just been ridiculous.
b.) I'm thoroughly convinced that the best we can hope for is a mediocre finale, given all the garbage that is left to sort out.
c.) The finale has basically become filler, given that we already know what happens to the MU after the conclusion of Secret Wars.

There was some serious ball-dropping with this event. thumb down

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 12th, 2016 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 05:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 10:48 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

One_Angry_Scot
----

One_Angry_Scot
----

Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

So is the Molecule Man the new God of Marvel or what?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 11:12 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Astner
So is the Molecule Man the new God of Marvel or what?

I guess the it's a combo of Franklin, Reed and Owen. I wouldn't say Owen is the new god or anything.

Definitely a "multiversal architect" though. If you can phrase it that way. Since it's his power that is running the show. But he can't implement it himself.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 11:22 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

It was better than I expected but still not as good as it should have been.
The slight twist was interesting that I didn't see happening before hand, but I saw it happening as I was reading it, so meh.

Also lol at this showing how pointless stretching 2 issues out of 7 were when everything was dropped and not touched upon at all in issue 9. We really needed all that in depth set up when everything besides the IG was at best the background of a panel in the last issue. I didn't even see Groot this issue at all for example. That could have been some cool shit to see. I was worried there'd be too much focused on touching upon this but this is just as bad with the neglect.

The God fight reminded me of how Fraction said Gods should fight (before the headbutt). It was cool to see AND way too short. Had to make way for dialogue.

The multiverse creation was pretty neat though. Needed a little more touched upon it. Franklin is what shaping whole universes and then Reed is creating them in that image? You'd think the process would be reversed IE Lucifer but meh.

Would have benefitted from a double issue like I guessed. Though that probably would have dug into late March... at least the wait is ****ing over. The sad part is that nothing is interesting enough to look forward to and it's almost a relief. Last comic I read was Secret Wars 8 on release day...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 11:34 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

This was just underwhelming on all counts.

What was the purpose of all this shit?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 02:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good event from Marvel compared to the last few

even enjoyed some of tie-ins, What made them even better was that they weren't "needed" to read to add to the main story.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 02:11 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Really enjoyed this final issue tbh.

It came down to exactly what Hickman's work at Marvel has been building to for years: a fight between Reed and Doom for the fate of everything. And it worked really well.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 05:13 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The issue was mediocre overall, imo. Hickman straight up ignored many of the plot-points he went out of his way to establish earlier in the series. Very unfortunate that he even wasted time on them in the first place.

The battles between T'Challa/Doom, and then Reed/Doom were shockingly underwhelming, imo. I know Hickman can do much better with cosmic battles, because he has done much better with cosmic battles.

The best part of the issue for me was Franklin/Reed recreating the multiverse... But that lasted all of like 2 pages. /shrug

Franklin is what shaping whole universes and then Reed is creating them in that image?
The way I took it: Franklin was the dreamer--he came up with the ideas for all of those universes. Reed's power was then used to transform those dreams into tangible creations/universes.

Hickman dropped the ball there, too. That would have been the perfect time to have Franklin "manifest", like his adult counterpart said would happen in the near future, back in FF.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 13th, 2016 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 08:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Unfortunately now this is all over I have to finally update Molecule Man's respect thread with everything from NA and Secret Wars.

Time to try remember my photobucket log in.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2016 08:22 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
The battles between T'Challa/Doom, and then Reed/Doom were shockingly underwhelming, imo. I know Hickman can do much better with cosmic battles, because he has done much better with cosmic battles.

The best part of the issue for me was Franklin/Reed recreating the multiverse... But that lasted all of like 2 pages. /shrug

The way I took it: Franklin was the dreamer--he came up with the ideas for all of those universes. Reed's power was then used to transform those dreams into tangible creations/universes.

Hickman dropped the ball there, too. That would have been the perfect time to have Franklin "manifest", like his adult counterpart said would happen in the near future, back in FF.
The issue with the DoomChalla fight is there were only 8 attacks shown spread out across 5 pages and 2 extra panels. Half the issue should have been them doing Godly shit instead of the tease we got. The worst part is those 2 extra panels (and the glass scene) were far and away the coolest parts.
The Doom Reed fight was whatever. Wasn't Doom supposed to have gotten a powerup or something though prior to his Beyonder assimilation?

That makes sense. Though that whole "shaper" thing throws some wrench in there. Hell, judging by what the pages says, it looks like Reed is only throwing the universes into a proper place in the multiverse.
It's just... it could have been better explained. The way it is right now without reading too far into it basically says that Franklin is creating universes, Reed is tossing them into the multiverse, and MM is slicing off pieces of himself to anchor them in place. Which can't be Hickman's intention... that'd be a waste of power unless he thinks chucking universes takes that much, which considering his IG breaking universe push...

And it will never be properly explained on any of it until Bendis delves in in a couple years. Groot vs Marvel Zombies mini arc in Guardians of the Galaxy

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 12:21 AM
AlmightyKfish

Tbf I'd say putting universes in place in a multiverse would take quite a lot of power.

I mean, it is an entire universe.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 01:45 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Awful series. I'm glad it was established in canon that Thanos is a frigging moron, that's about it.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 06:04 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by abhilegend
This was just underwhelming on all counts.

What was the purpose of all this shit?

I feel the same. Not just the limited series but the years of buildup. In the end it just turned into more generic nonsense. Not so bad if a relative handful of issues is involved but this went on for years.

And how many times do we have to put up with this recreate-the-universe!!! garbage, especially with Surfer having just been doing it over in his own mag? It's all meaningless now, it's been done so many times over the years there is no impact to these types of stories whatsoever anymore.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2016 02:21 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

I Would knew it was bad as everyone say it is.

And about Molecule Man, I'm kinda confused if he still has Beyonder's powers...Does that mean he's finally back to his pre-retcon powers?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 03:32 AM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote