KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015

New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (59): « First ... « 57 58 [59]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No, he split up his essence/power again. One of him went to every universe in the multiverse--just like before.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 06:31 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Definitely a "multiversal architect" though. If you can phrase it that way. Since it's his power that is running the show. But he can't implement it himself.

It look like its Franklin's power, and I'm not really sure what Reed does. It would make sense for him to take Frankin's universes and establish laws to govern them, but there's no implications of that. And I'm not sure what Owen's "anchoring" is supposed to accomplish except for bringing back his sanity.

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
I Would knew it was bad as everyone say it is.

And about Molecule Man, I'm kinda confused if he still has Beyonder's powers...Does that mean he's finally back to his pre-retcon powers?

How many accounts do you have?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2016 06:55 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Originally posted by Astner
It look like its Franklin's power, and I'm not really sure what Reed does. It would make sense for him to take Frankin's universes and establish laws to govern them, but there's no implications of that. And I'm not sure what Owen's "anchoring" is supposed to accomplish except for bringing back his sanity.

How many accounts do you have?

Here? Only one, Which is me.

But over the internet, I do have alot of accounts at some sites. Is there's something wrong with that?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:33 AM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Blockythe1guy
Here? Only one, Which is me.

Suuuuuuuuuure......

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 02:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Originally posted by Kazenji
Suuuuuuuuuure......

Ummm...What makes you guys think of that?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 03:13 AM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner
Perhaps Franklin was creating pocket realities initially(a skill he perfected with his adult counterpart under Hickman's pen), and then God-Reed manifested them into full-scale universes? Just thought of that, it it makes the most sense to me.

After all, this:
(please log in to view the image)

Looks fairly similar to this:

Old Post Jan 16th, 2016 06:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Originally posted by Galan007
Perhaps Franklin was creating pocket realities initially(a skill he perfected with his adult counterpart under Hickman's pen), and then God-Reed manifested them into full-scale universes? Just thought of that, it it makes the most sense to me.

After all, this:

Looks fairly similar to this:

This is how I took it, with the way Val says Reed 'spins them out into their own reality'.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Jan 17th, 2016 11:05 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Other than Ellis, is there ANY talent left at Marvel now?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 10:10 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Aaron?.........he's been decent on the current Dr Strange book, then again you might feel different about on that book

Gerry Conway is back doing a book, So there's that
Dan Abnett, He's doing two books for Marvel at the moment.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 13th, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 11:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Source

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 06:02 PM
krisblaze

I've asked a million times about captain britain and he never answers.

I only get an answer if I ask some semi-sarcastic/semi-rude shitquestion.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2016 06:14 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i just reread most of this series thinking it might be better the second time. it wasn't. the ending still really bugged me. so...basic. reed vs doom, h2h. it also struck me as more...unrealistic that doom admitted to reed that reed could have done better than he did. not sure that rung true to doom's character.

and the ending still confused the hell out of me. galan posted that quote from brevoort above, but..... confused

how the hell did whoever asked the question know bp went into the past and saw the first incursion didn't happen?? and how are we supposed to get that earth wasn't destroyed because of the ff's sacrifice?? WHAT sacrifice?? they were still building the multiverse 8 months later. so...did reed INSTANTLY change the...whatever they were on? earth? so that when bp went back to the past that past was retroactively created the instant he went back???

i mean, holy phukc. i'll confess to not being the brightest guy in the forum, but i like to think i'm not the dumbest guy either. the end of that series was just WAY too unclear for me. it's a comic book ffs, not a doctoral thesis.....

Old Post May 16th, 2016 02:28 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ It is a convoluted mess. I can't stand how much shit Hickman tried to stuff into that final issue. It particularly irks me, because I know how good his stories can be when done right(legitimately some of the best out there.) I feel like Marvel gave him the reigns to the entire company, and he borderline choked... The series would have benefited greatly with at least another issue to help explain all this crap more thoroughly, imo.

As for the BP thing: right or wrong, I'm just referring to the Silver Surfer #12 tie-in to help explain it:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

When God-Doom's hold over reality was broken toward the end of SW #9, Eternity/616 was instantly restored back to normal... But he/it was also different.

Dawn: "But that's our universe inside you? Coming back?"
Eternity: "It is the universe you know, but not as you have known it."
Dawn: "What does that mean? Is it the same or different?"
Eternity: "It is both. Familiar. Strange. Old and new."

Perhaps those changes/differences Eternity referenced are what allowed BP to do his time travel thing..? I mean, he time-hopped like right after Doom was beaten, after all... Just spitballing here, but it makes sense to me. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on May 16th, 2016 at 04:20 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2016 04:05 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^ It is a convoluted mess. I can't stand how much shit Hickman tried to stuff into that final issue. It particularly irks me, because I know how good his stories can be when done right(legitimately some of the best out there.) I feel like Marvel gave him the reigns to the entire company, and he borderline choked... The series would have benefited greatly with at least another issue to help explain all this crap more thoroughly, imo.

As for the BP thing: right or wrong, I'm just referring to the Silver Surfer #12 tie-in to help explain it:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

When God-Doom's hold over reality was broken toward the end of SW #9, Eternity/616 was instantly restored back to normal... But he/it was also different.

Dawn: "But that's our universe inside you? Coming back?"
Eternity: "It is the universe you know, but not as you have known it."
Dawn: "What does that mean? Is it the same or different?"
Eternity: "It is both. Familiar. Strange. Old and new."

Perhaps those changes/differences Eternity referenced are what allowed BP to do his time travel thing..? I mean, he time-hopped like right after Doom was beaten, after all... Just spitballing here, but it makes sense to me. /shrug

ok, yeah, that helps a bit. i assumed there WAS no more eternity after the destruction of the multiverse. i thought doom had just...slapped a bunch of random sh!t together and it was HIS power that kept it together. but there was apparently some....underlying form of eternity still present? that must actually have been a multiversal embodiment because, well......there was nothing BUT what doom kept safe. right...? confused

but i guess that can't be right since ss apparently existed elsewhere, so the multiverse really WASN'T completely destroyed?? i never read most of the tie-ins. embarrasment

still completely confused regarding the 'sacrifice' reed and the ff were supposed to have made and just how we were supposed to know that the first incursion was somehow headed off.... i really get more and more frustrated by just how incomplete the whole story felt. i felt that way almost from the beginning of this story, way back when it started however many years ago in the avengers book. he also introduced that issue where cap jumped all over in time, and never did anything at all with any of that.

dumb. and a waste of phukcing time and effort to follow.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:13 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
ok, yeah, that helps a bit. i assumed there WAS no more eternity after the destruction of the multiverse. i thought doom had just...slapped a bunch of random sh!t together and it was HIS power that kept it together. but there was apparently some....underlying form of eternity still present? that must actually have been a multiversal embodiment because, well......there was nothing BUT what doom kept safe. right...? confused
After obtaining the power of the Beyonders, Doom essentially usurped Eternity's position in the wake of the final incursion:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

but i guess that can't be right since ss apparently existed elsewhere, so the multiverse really WASN'T completely destroyed?? i never read most of the tie-ins. embarrasment
Surfer and Dawn surviving is a pretty long story, but the intro text of this page sums it up nicely:

Of all the tie-ins, those final few issues of SS are the most important, imo.

still completely confused regarding the 'sacrifice' reed and the ff were supposed to have made and just how we were supposed to know that the first incursion was somehow headed off.... i really get more and more frustrated by just how incomplete the whole story felt. i felt that way almost from the beginning of this story, way back when it started however many years ago in the avengers book. he also introduced that issue where cap jumped all over in time, and never did anything at all with any of that.

dumb. and a waste of phukcing time and effort to follow.
Where the 'sacrifice' is concerned, I'm going the "Brevoort is an idiot who doesn't know wtf he's talking about" route.

That said, I completely agree. The lack of depth in a story that sorely needed it is pretty ridiculous. Like I mentioned above: it becomes even more irritating/perplexing when you recall how damned stellar Hickman's work can be when he takes his time and does shit right. Just look at his run(s) on Fantastic 4, FF, and SHIELD--amazing stuff there. Legitimately some of my favorite Marvel stories of all time.

Last edited by Galan007 on May 16th, 2016 at 06:00 PM

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:47 PM
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

I really loved that it ended with Reed vs Doom h2h.

A final showdown between of two most important Marvel characters. especially if you consider the FF to be the original keystone of the Marvel Universe. As for Doom admitting Reed was better, I think it made sense. The whole thing is Doom is arrogant, superior etc and blames Reed for the machine that made him failing, but all along he has known that Reed is better.

I thought it was a great ending. I mean the pacing of the whole event was off but I thought the ending was excellent, making it that personal rivalry, maybe the greatest/most important one in Marvel. Especially as it was kind of a send off to the Fantastic Four.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:50 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

After obtaining the power of the Beyonders, Doom essentially usurped Eternity's position in the wake of the final incursion:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Surfer and Dawn surviving is a pretty long story, but the intro text of this page sums it up nicely:

Of all the tie-ins, those final few issues of SS are the most important, imo.

Where the 'sacrifice' is concerned, I'm going the "Brevoort is an idiot who doesn't know wtf he's talking about" route.

That said, I completely agree. The lack of depth in a story that sorely needed it is pretty ridiculous. Like I mentioned above: it becomes even more irritating/perplexing when you recall how damned stellar Hickman's work can be when he takes his time and does shit right. Just look at his run(s) on Fantastic 4, FF, and SHIELD--amazing stuff there. Legitimately some of my favorite Marvel stories of all time.

thumb up that clears up some of the confusion regarding eternity. the...silliness (??) of that ss stuff, contrasted against the sw story is pretty striking and doesn't really seem to mesh. seems like 2 completely different stories. that ss stuff feels like it was tossed together to try and make SOME sense of wtf was happening. i can't say i love the way that was put together, but at least it was an explanation of sorts.

i like your conclusion about brevoort. i approve of the logic. thumb up

@kfish--you're wrong. about everything you said. no expression

Old Post May 16th, 2016 06:24 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

*long post*

Okay. How about the thing we're all really interested in.

Has Surfer succeeded in recreating his penis and fucked Dawn senseless? Or not yet?

Old Post May 16th, 2016 07:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

No. Surfer is, and will always be, dickless.

Such is the way of things. thumb up

Old Post May 16th, 2016 11:54 PM