KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Wyyrlok III vs Darth Maul

Darth Wyyrlok III vs Darth Maul
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chilled monkey

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Someone please remind me, Did Wyyrlok actually hold his own against Krayt in a duel or did Wyyrlok get completely destroyed?

Krayt had the upper hand throughout but he did quite well considering who he was up against. I'd say he held his own.

I think Wyyrlok could take it with those illusions of his, Lightsabers will probably go to Maul.

Maul is the better duellist certainly but people seem to be forgetting Maul has displayed high resistance to psychic ability. One telepath (albeit a non-Force user) went catatonic from trying to read his mind. Maul's mental discipline is such that he could probably resist Wyyrlok's illusions.

Jensaarai1 is a genius.

Fixed it for you.

Last edited by chilled monkey on Oct 12th, 2014 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:19 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
Someone please remind me, Did Wyyrlok actually hold his own against Krayt in a duel or did Wyyrlok get completely destroyed?

He held his own against Krayt, though it was clear he was at a strong disadvantage.

quote:
I think Wyyrlok could take it with those illusions of his, Lightsabers will probably go to Maul.

Yeah, Maul will win the duel. The entire illusions propaganda lately has been a little ridiculous, but even going by such logics it's safe to say Maul is in the safe zone here.

Against Krayt, Wyyrlok specifically exploited his intimate knowledge of Krayt's past and personality and was still overcome by the latter's will.

There's a lot going Bane's way as far as hype for his sheer force of will, but Maul is even moreso literally the poster boy for that very quality.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:22 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Marco1907
illusion ? iirc that was telepathy, and he is not going to beat maul via telepathy since maul has a tp feat which is killing a telepath via dark thoughts with ease

That was Memory Walk, an ability that is a bit different than telepathy- and it's been used on powerful sith on different occasions. Wyyrlok against Andeddu, Zannah against Bane.

It shows targets their fears and such, but I don't think the user actually reads their mind exactly.

Also, Wyyrlok does have plain illusions, like he used against the Malevolence cult.

[B]Someone please remind me, Did Wyyrlok actually hold his own against Krayt in a duel or did Wyyrlok get completely destroyed?

Wyyrlok was able to defend and while he didn't do much in return, he was holding his guard.

Well enough that he had room to use his force powers and shift the battle to that area.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Illusions are just another form of mind trick--ie telepathy.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:30 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Illusions are just another form of mind trick--ie telepathy.

Telepathy is specifically the reading of a mind, though, and vulnerable to backlash.

Projecting something isn't particularly vulnerable to blowback. Even when the ability is countered, the users haven't been harmed.

However, aside from the Maul thing, the RotS Novelization had Palpatine lure Tiin into reading *just* to cause backlash.

Since you're reaching into someone's thoughts and putting them into your head, those thoughts can hurt you, see? If they aren't in your head, they can't.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Telepathy is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 02:07 AM
Q99

To the point here, it's a mind reading attempt that Maul fried. The same defense doesn't have much reason to work against illusions or memory walk.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 02:51 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I never even mentioned that. I just pointed out that in terms of sheer force of will, the sole defense against Sith sorcery, who comes to your mind before Maul? It's literally his foremost defining trait.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 03:26 AM
The Merchant

Maul takes this.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:50 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Wyyrlok.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 10:15 AM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Maul has never impressed me as a force wielder. Wyyrlok however has to a good degree. As far as TK goes, Maul might take a slight edge, but Wyyrlok takes all the others. Lightning, and illusions being the most important

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 03:18 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by WildBantha88
Maul has never impressed me as a force wielder. Wyyrlok however has to a good degree. As far as TK goes, Maul might take a slight edge, but Wyyrlok takes all the others. Lightning, and illusions being the most important

Hasn't Maul shrugged off Lightning before? other than i agree with what you said.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 03:23 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Weak lightning, yea, and with difficulty. Darth Wyyrloks lightning is far stronger than that random nightsister's. Still a cool feat

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 03:27 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Maul has a slight edge in TK? You know all Wyyrlok's ever done is toss a pile of rubble, right?

Maul's moved ships, collapsed caves and tunnels, sent dozens of droids/soldiers flying, etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure he has a pretty solid advantage in that ballpark. As for lightning, if Maul can defend against Palpatine's, he can defend against Wyyrlok's.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 03:39 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I like how collapsing a cave with TK is an impressive feat unless you're Orgus Din.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Wyyrlok takes this.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:25 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It is an impressive Force feat, it just doesn't compensate for his other shortcomings.

And regardless, of the feats I listed, it's Maul's least impressive.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:26 PM
WildBantha88

Maul best feat, moving a ship a few feet, wasn't all that impressive seeing as how it was a desperation move and all he did was move it over a few feet. He didn't pick it up or throw it, he just pushed it a little.

But of course that is WAY more impressive than creating a Force Shield to defend against rocks thrown by Darth Krayt

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 04:54 PM
Q99

quote:
Maul has a slight edge in TK? You know all Wyyrlok's ever done is toss a pile of rubble, right?

It was an intact stone column before he tossed it, that's a bit more impressive.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I like how collapsing a cave with TK is an impressive feat unless you're Orgus Din.

Collapsing a cave with TK is never all that impressive smile

Or at the least, it introduces the fudge factor of 'how much did gravity help/how intact with the cave'?

Taking down a roof is a lot less impressive than a floor for similar reasons.

I think Maul's best TK feat is the ship thing.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 05:18 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

People need to drop the preconceived notion that Maul is just an assassin/martial artist who hasn't done anything special with the Force. He actually does have impressive telekinesis, and even when he was 15 he could have unleashed a Force scream that would have collapsed the barracks he was inside of. And he has used quite a few esoteric Force powers, they're just not really combat applicable most of the time.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2014 06:10 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote