KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All

Apprentices of Tyranus Free-For-All
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Actually, aside from no longer being a challenge for Dooku and Windu

Who said he's no longer a challenge for those 2? I mean sure with Tk in the picture he'd get crushed by either of those 2, but that was also true in the OCW and Eu.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Filoni didn't make Grievous coward. Lucas did ;

quote:

''Mace Windu : General Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He is a coward.''

- RotS Movie

Filoni only followed the right code.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Oct 13th, 2014 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Who said he's no longer a challenge for those 2? I mean sure with Tk in the picture he'd get crushed by either of those 2, but that was also true in the OCW and Eu.

The fact that Dooku has far superior feats in regards to strict sabers. If you view exchanging a few blows as being a challenge then sure.

As for Windu, TCW didn't give us much from Windu other than some good TK feats, but unless we are talking about strict canon here, Mace is still a peer of Dooku. I was only suggesting that TCW didn't water Grievous down compared to his EU counterpart as most seem to think, as he's still depicted as being a challenge for jedi masters.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Q99
My feeling is that while Griev improved, so did Ventress. In the end I think she'd still have the small edge.

The difference is that after their duel, Grievous continued to train with Dooku, while Ventress went off and became a bounty hunter. Unlike Ventress, Grievous proceeded to attain the vast majority of his best feats after that fight.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 09:37 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Emperordmb
The difference is that after their duel, Grievous continued to train with Dooku, while Ventress went off and became a bounty hunter. Unlike Ventress, Grievous proceeded to attain the vast majority of his best feats after that fight.

So how do you stack up him getting stomped by Kenobi by ROTS? Do you see that as a vastly improved Kenobi or just a one-off?

Not arguing it one way or another, just curious on people's views.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So how do you stack up him getting stomped by Kenobi by ROTS? Do you see that as a vastly improved Kenobi or just a one-off?

Not arguing it one way or another, just curious on people's views.

Considering that he was overwhelming Obi-wan's defenses before Kenobi reduced his arm count, and that even with two arms Grievous was still driving Kenobi back, I wouldn't exactly call that a stomp.

But yes, I do think Kenobi improved throughout the Clone Wars as well.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Actually, there is a quote stating that Obi-Wan became a master of Soresu, which surprised Dooku, who knows him well. This indicates improvement and superior skill with Soresu to me.

"- and this image, this plan, was so clear in Dooku's mind that he almost failed to notice that Kenobi met every one of his thrusts without so much as moving his feet, staying perfectly centered, perfectly balanced, blade never moving a millimeter more than necessary, deflecting without effort, riposting with flickering strikes and stabs swifter than the tongue of a Garollian ghost viper, and when Dooku felt Skywalker regain his feet and stride once more toward his back, he finally registered the source of that blinding defensive velocity Kenobi had used a moment ago, and only then, belatedly, did he understand that Kenobi's Ataro and Shii-Cho had been ploys, as well.

Kenobi had become a master of Soresu."

-- Revenge of the Sith

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah but that whole passage has been pretty much rendered non-canon by TCW. I mean to think now that Dooku didn't know Skywalker's fencing style is just silly.

Also TCW season 5/6 are supposed to be close to ROTS time wise. So I'm not sure how much people expected him to have improved in that period, especially given his best feat to date is still stalemating/defeating Maul and Opress which was TCW Season 5.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2014 10:23 PM
red8

Ventress could outsmart either of them. I feel like because Savage and Grievous have newer feats (chronologically story-wise), people are choosing to go with them.

This would be a tough fight though and anybody could potentially win.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:30 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Grievous has to take the last wins though. Always hated the idea of cyborgs or other non - force sensitives being able to take the more powerful Jedi/Sith when they unleash their full power set. Mainly Tk.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 08:27 AM
Nargaroth

Yeah but that whole passage has been pretty much rendered non-canon by TCW. I mean to think now that Dooku didn't know Skywalker's fencing style is just silly.

Also TCW season 5/6 are supposed to be close to ROTS time wise. So I'm not sure how much people expected him to have improved in that period, especially given his best feat to date is still stalemating/defeating Maul and Opress which was TCW Season 5.

When was it stated that Dooku didn't know Anakin's fencing style? The passage I posted says nothing about that. And last I recall, S5 takes place 1 year before Rots. I think there should be enough room for improvement.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nargaroth
When was it stated that Dooku didn't know Anakin's fencing style? The passage I posted says nothing about that. And last I recall, S5 takes place 1 year before Rots. I think there should be enough room for improvement.

In that same chapter of the ROTS novel, Dooku is surprised to find out Anakin utilizes Djem So. Which is ridiculous.

Plus Dooku's fought both Anakin and Obi-Wan in Season 6, not 5.

So the whole passage in ROTS where the duo are "faking forms" and Dooku has no clue to what their actual form is, and is surprised and shocked to see their "true" forms in action, has no relevance anymore really.

You could apply it solely towards Obi-Wan if you like, since Kenobi seemed to be on the offense in their Season 6 battle, but to me it's clear that whole passage has no relevance anymore.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:40 AM