KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vitiate and Talzin vs Sidious and Dooku (Force only)

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Vitiate and Talzin 6 66.67%
Sidious and Dooku 3 33.33%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vitiate and Talzin vs Sidious and Dooku (Force only)
Started by: red8

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red8

Vitiate and Talzin vs Sidious and Dooku (Force only)

The Son of Dathomir battle except with Vitiate instead of Maul.

Vitiate gets a dark side nexus amp (so we can avoid the "Vitiate has no off-nexus feats" crap (since that makes these debates boring)).

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:16 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Team one. With Vitiate instead of Maul, Dooku is out of his league.

And I of course take this to mean we take Vitiate's feats at face value, and not disregard them with the "Nexus amplifies power X10" bullshit argument?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Dooku dies pretty fast and Sidious gets overwhelmed by the duo.

All out would make this a less boring fight.

"That is why you fail."

Last edited by Sinious on Oct 14th, 2014 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

So Vitiate gets an amp and no one else does? That's a little unfair.

Team 1.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:41 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So Vitiate gets an amp and no one else does? That's a little unfair.

I look at it more as Vitiate not getting lowballed via Nexus argument, than him actually getting a tangible amp that changes the performance we are used to seeing from him. Ergo Vitiate's feats that some question due to the presence of a nexus are to be taken at face value, rather than diminished by this argument in the context of this debate.

Often times in debates here, members claim that the impressiveness of Vitiate's feats is diminished, vis-á-vis the nexus argument. Concordantly, some people don't put nearly as much stock into the value of a nexus amp. Irrevocably, this leads to a point in debating, at which people of these two different viewpoints have issue getting past this issue. Inexorably, the issue of a nexus blocks the debate from progressing past that single argument. However, outright giving Vitiate an "amp" generates an anomaly for many who don't discredit Vitiate's feats with the nexus argument, and therefore plants the unchecked idea in their heads that Vitiate, with this amp, is somehow capable of more than what he has been shown to be capable of.

This leaves us with two options. Our first option is to take all of Vitiate's feats at face value in the context of this thread, ergo facilitating an actual debate on this thread. The other option leads to the nexus argument once again and the end of all civilized debate on this topic.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Last edited by Emperordmb on Oct 14th, 2014 at 03:53 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red8

Just to clarify, I gave Vitiate the Nexus amp because people have stated on this board that even with the amp, an unamped Sidious has better feats and accolades.

And some people go as far as saying Talzin > Vitiate, which to me is ridiculous.

The purpose of the amp is not to make this a spite thread, but rather, to give Vitiate a better shot against Sidious.

The reason I made it pure force, is so there is no "Sidious SLAUTERHOUSE blitzes everyones11!!!"

If we didn't have people throwing around that type of logic, I feel I could do an all out instead of pure force.

Last edited by red8 on Oct 14th, 2014 at 04:07 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:03 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Dooku solos.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Trocity
Dooku solos.

Prior to SOD, I wouldn't be all too surprised if some people actually held that opinion.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:10 AM
Dominis

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team one. With Vitiate instead of Maul, Dooku is out of his league.

And I of course take this to mean we take Vitiate's feats at face value, and not disregard them with the "Nexus amplifies power X10" bullshit argument?

You told me that the idea of Vitiate easily taking Dooku out was stupid. What do you mean out of his league?

Not arguing; just asking.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You told me that the idea of Vitiate easily taking Dooku out was stupid. What do you mean out of his league?

Not arguing; just asking.

I'm pretty sure I said Vitiate ragdolling Dooku was unlikely, or something along those lines. Just because Dooku isn't ragdolled doesn't make him not outclassed as a force wielder. Besides, I'm pretty sure that's something I said a month or two ago.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:24 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I look at it more as Vitiate not getting lowballed via Nexus argument, than him actually getting a tangible amp that changes the performance we are used to seeing from him. Ergo Vitiate's feats that some question due to the presence of a nexus are to be taken at face value, rather than diminished by this argument in the context of this debate.

Often times in debates here, members claim that the impressiveness of Vitiate's feats is diminished, vis-á-vis the nexus argument. Concordantly, some people don't put nearly as much stock into the value of a nexus amp. Irrevocably, this leads to a point in debating, at which people of these two different viewpoints have issue getting past this issue. Inexorably, the issue of a nexus blocks the debate from progressing past that single argument. However, outright giving Vitiate an "amp" generates an anomaly for many who don't discredit Vitiate's feats with the nexus argument, and therefore plants the unchecked idea in their heads that Vitiate, with this amp, is somehow capable of more than what he has been shown to be capable of.

This leaves us with two options. Our first option is to take all of Vitiate's feats at face value in the context of this thread, ergo facilitating an actual debate on this thread. The other option leads to the nexus argument once again and the end of all civilized debate on this topic.

The amusement over the effort you put in to make this post seem sophisticated actually distracts from your point, though it was nonetheless received.

Sorry for nitpicking, but really in perspective, it wouldn't need to be nearly such an amplification to play a significant role in a battle.

Assume for a moment that the factor of Dromund's nexus was, say, x1.20; that alone is enough to put someone like Vader on par with Sidious. Now, that's a tad extreme for this case, and that's not really how it works regardless, but it just goes to show what a light tap to the scales can do.

Even if you were to say it's impact was only by a factor of 1.05x, that will still have a considerable effect on a battle. You see what I'm saying?

There's not really a point to this, just my ramblings.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Oct 14th, 2014 at 04:51 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:48 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The amusement over the effort you put in to make this post seem sophisticated actually distracts from your point, though it was nonetheless received.

Twas actually a Matrix reference.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:49 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ Emperor not responding to Sasuke's second point and changing the subject to avoid responding to his thoughts

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:52 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't really feel like clicking the link to read that post.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:57 AM
Dominis

I'm pretty sure I said Vitiate ragdolling Dooku was unlikely, or something along those lines. Just because Dooku isn't ragdolled doesn't make him not outclassed as a force wielder. Besides, I'm pretty sure that's something I said a month or two ago.

I assume you're aware of most of Dooku's most impressive feats. Let's say he is placed on a nexus, you don't think it would do him any good? You think his power would stay the same, despite it increasing on Vjun, a less powerful nexus than the one Vitiate is on?

Or lets make this simpler, how far above Dooku would you place Vitiate, and based on what? Again, just asking.

I place Vitiate above Dooku even on neutral ground, but I have my reasons. I just want to know yours.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by carthage
Lol @ Emperor not responding to Sasuke's second point and changing the subject to avoid responding to his thoughts

There, Emperor. You didn't have to click anything.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:05 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
There, Emperor. You didn't have to click anything.

Aw, i knew your were a nice guy deep inside big grin

Also. Team one takes it. Though, i'm entirely how dooku would fair. interesting match up red8 thumb up

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:59 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Team 1. Dooku is out of his league.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 12:26 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Team 1

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Team 1. Dooku's fighting outside his weight class, here. {No that doesn't mean Dooku is weak by any stretch of the imagination, just that his opponents are just that good.}

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 01:59 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote