KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doc Sampson VS The Thing

Doc Sampson VS The Thing
Started by: sharky137

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Let me save you some time.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Shut up.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 02:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Excellent advice for yourself. Do us all a favor and shut up.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by riv6672
He certainly doesnt lose because abhi says so.

He does because Samson has beaten him in the past. Not because I say so.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:17 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I seem to recall Samson embarrassing She-Hulk towards the end of Loeb's Red shit debacle.

Plus, Samson's first fight with Hulk was better than Ben has ever done.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 04:50 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I seem to recall Samson embarrassing She-Hulk towards the end of Loeb's Red shit debacle.

Plus, Samson's first fight with Hulk was better than Ben has ever done.

Seriously? Have you seen the wars that Ben has had with the Hulk? They have had fights that have lasted for entire issues if I recall correctly.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:05 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Samson's first fight with Hulk lasted a few issues. Plus he knocked Hulk out, which Ben has never done.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:08 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Ben actually won his first fight with the Hulk, from what I remember.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:11 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Stoic
Seriously? Have you seen the wars that Ben has had with the Hulk? They have had fights that have lasted for entire issues if I recall correctly.

He,Samson, was also holding his own vs Wonderman/Hercules/Iron Man/Namor (dehyrated some).

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:42 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Ha, Samson beats Thing to death.

When did the battle happen? How many upgrades did Thing have since then? Three? Four? eek!

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 05:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Bentley
When did the battle happen? How many upgrades did Thing have since then? Three? Four? eek!

Doc Samson also had his unleashed form and like I said before he admitted he held back/doubted himself throughout his hero career.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:00 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by zopzop
Doc Samson also had his unleashed form and like I said before he admitted he held back/doubted himself throughout his hero career.

I'm well aware of that, which is why he puts up a fight at all wink

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:08 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm well aware of that, which is why he puts up a fight at all wink

His unleashed form is overkill. Doc fighting like he means it, which he admitted on panel he never did before, would be more than a match for Ben, sorry.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:27 PM
Stoic
Avenger

His unleashed form is overkill. Doc fighting like he means it, which he admitted on panel he never did before, would be more than a match for Ben, sorry.

I can agree that power, and superior strength wins the day a lot of the times, but not always. Ability, and experience must factor in somewhere, and Ben has more on panel, and general fighting experience than Samson does.

He,Samson, was also holding his own vs Wonderman/Hercules/Iron Man/Namor (dehyrated some).

You don't seriously believe that they were going all out on him do you? Come on man.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:48 PM
riv6672

Excellent advice for yourself. Do us all a favor and shut up.

He does because Samson has beaten him in the past. Not because I say so.

You realize this means you were just talking to yourself?

Actually that's what you usually do anyway, its not like you're apt to change your mind or pay attention to anyone else's points.

Or Topic:
Ben has way better feats, experience, and skill if thats what's needed to "get a win" here, if only by sheer number of battles over Samson.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 06:49 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

He's not on par with Abomination in that form. I don't see him getting a majority on Namor either (which Thing has done, even beating him on ocasion). Where exactly do you think he stands? Iron Clad level? A-Bomb's?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 07:00 PM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Samson has already beaten Thing.

Scans please...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:13 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroggyGrunt

I'd see a split....Samson is stronger, Thing is more skilled. I think the gap in their skill is bigger than the gap in their strength, though....so I guess 6-7/10 Thing, if I had to choose.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 12:16 AM
GroggyGrunt is currently offline Click here to Send GroggyGrunt a Private Message Find more posts by GroggyGrunt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Samson has already beaten Thing.

He's beaten the Hulk too.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 01:19 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I'm liking Samson for this.

Loeb Samson was retarded (like all of Loeb's characters), but not unfeasible. Ellis laid the groundwork for unleashed Samson years before that.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:58 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
I'd see a split....Samson is stronger, Thing is more skilled. I think the gap in their skill is bigger than the gap in their strength, though....so I guess 6-7/10 Thing, if I had to choose.

I can agree with this.

Originally posted by tkitna
He's beaten the Hulk too.

Add this to my list on pg1. Another match up not to bother with here. wink

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 09:41 AM