KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Doc Sampson VS The Thing

Doc Sampson VS The Thing
Started by: sharky137

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

Samson was unphased by Moonstone's best in Thunderbolts, as well as Penance's larger blasts.

Both of those were beastly in Ellis' run.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 07:43 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You're joking right...? I've read 85% of the books that Ben has been in since his inception. And I've never seen Sampson beat him.

Ben has beaten HULK a small handful of times and KO'd him twice. He's beaten Namor twice as many times as he's lost to him and he's KO'd him more than once and he's never been one shotted by him that's BS. You may have been thinking about Ultimate characters, and it still never happened . You have seen the MARVEL 2-n-1 Annual #7 right? Sampson WAS in that issue, you may want to check it out. Ben has also went through most of the Avengers at once in one issue. And FTR Ben is mid CL100 Sampson is nowhere near that.

Sampson is NOT in Ben's class... end of lesson.

Tony, I think you might be in error on some of this. Namor has indeed one shotted Ben and that was when he was in his Pineapple stage (i'll try to find the scan). I don't like it either, but it happened. I also think Sampson is at least as strong as Benjy and probably more so.

All things considered though, I still feel Ben wins this after a long battle.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 11:10 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

(please log in to view the image)

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 11:14 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Bentley
Trying to lowball Namor to make Samson sound better isn't the way to argue here.

Ok, so I guess you want me to find one of those kos so you can try to look for excuses for Namor being weakened? We can play that game but... Will it even matter? Do you really care about Thing vs Namor or you'll just side with Samson anyways?

So you don't have any scan of Namor vs Thing fights where Thing has KOED him, right? Gotcha.
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You're joking right...? I've read 85% of the books that Ben has been in since his inception. And I've never seen Sampson beat him.

Ben has beaten HULK a small handful of times and KO'd him twice. He's beaten Namor twice as many times as he's lost to him and he's KO'd him more than once and he's never been one shotted by him that's BS. You may have been thinking about Ultimate characters, and it still never happened . You have seen the MARVEL 2-n-1 Annual #7 right? Sampson WAS in that issue, you may want to check it out. Ben has also went through most of the Avengers at once in one issue. And FTR Ben is mid CL100 Sampson is nowhere near that.

Sampson is NOT in Ben's class... end of lesson.

I doubt that you'll even see the page where Samson beat Thing. I'll have to check out the comics and will get back to you.

Thing has NEVER beaten the hulk. I dare you to show a scene where Thing beat Hulk when hulk wasn't weakened or being assisted by Fantastic Four. He has never KOED Namor. And Namor has oneshotted pineapple Thing in Namor annual 1, koed 616 Thing in one punch in Heroes Reborn etc.

And thing would be lucky to be class 90. He's never been class 100. GTFO with that BS.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:18 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Thing has NEVER beaten the hulk. I dare you to show a scene where Thing beat Hulk when hulk wasn't weakened or being assisted by Fantastic Four.

This is just more abhi double talk.
Considering i've seen you claim victories for say, off the top of my head, random character...Superman, multiple times during team fights, and your definition of weakened differs from character to character/point you're trying to make to point you're trying to make, your caveats here are highly hypocritical.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by riv6672
This is just more abhi double talk.
Considering i've seen you claim victories for say, off the top of my head, random character...Superman, multiple times during team fights, and your definition of weakened differs from character to character/point you're trying to make to point you're trying to make, your caveats here are highly hypocritical.

When have I said anything like that? I specify when a character is weakened.

And why are you bringing up Superman here? Is that like your OCD?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Pot. kettle.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:48 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Pot. kettle.

So you're just crying after I asked you a proof? Again!

If you're not man enough to provide proofs to your claims, just say so.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:50 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Thing "Has" only beaten Hulk under special conditions

so i don't know why your huffing & puffing about this riv66.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:50 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by abhilegend
So you're just crying after I asked you a proof? Again!

If you're not man enough to provide proofs to your claims, just say so.

Not at all, you're either missing the point i made or ignoring/deflecting so as not to deal with it.
Most likely the latter.

All i'm saying is, if you have no problem claiming victory for one character who fights another in a team fight, or fights a weakened character, then calling foul when talking about a different character is hypocritical on your part.

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Thing "Has" only beaten Hulk under special conditions

so i don't know why your huffing & puffing about this riv66.

And i dont know you at all, so i'm not going to spend time explaining my conversation with abhi.
You can catch yourself up easily enough if you care to.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 12:59 PM
Bentley
Seitei

So you don't have any scan of Namor vs Thing fights where Thing has KOED him, right? Gotcha.

I no longer have scans in this computer, I ask you a question out of intellectual honesty to have an argument with you and you reply with a line like this. I know people give you a hard time often so I don't take it personally, but I'd appreciate if you didn't think I'm just trying to taunt you.

You came saying that Namor was a pushover now, so maybe you consider that it wouldn't matter if Thing punked him. Would you change your stance on this battle if Thing actually defeated Namor in a fair battle? Because if you wouldn't I'm not going to waste my time bringing that proof, since Namor isn't featured in this thread.

For the benefit of the people in this thread I should gather some showings for Thing one way or another, but if nobody is waiting for my reply then I can take my sweet time like the lazy poster I am stick out tongue

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 01:01 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Bentley
I no longer have scans in this computer, I ask you a question out of intellectual honesty to have an argument with you and you reply with a line like this. I know people give you a hard time often so I don't take it personally, but I'd appreciate if you didn't think I'm just trying to taunt you.

You came saying that Namor was a pushover now, so maybe you consider that it wouldn't matter if Thing punked him. Would you change your stance on this battle if Thing actually defeated Namor in a fair battle? Because if you wouldn't I'm not going to waste my time bringing that proof, since Namor isn't featured in this thread.

For the benefit of the people in this thread I should gather some showings for Thing one way or another, but if nobody is waiting for my reply then I can take my sweet time like the lazy poster I am stick out tongue

I know everyone of Thing vs Namor battles so I know what you'll bring up. But sure, if you can show me a fight where Thing has KOED Namor, I'll change my stance and give it a split between these two.
Not at all, you're either missing the point i made or ignoring/deflecting so as not to deal with it.
Most likely the latter.

All i'm saying is, if you have no problem claiming victory for one character who fights another in a team fight, or fights a weakened character, then calling foul when talking about a different character is hypocritical on your part.

And i dont know you at all, so i'm not going to spend time explaining my conversation with abhi.
You can catch yourself up easily enough if you care to.

So what instances are those? Thread and page please.

As it is, its just empty talk from you.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 01:06 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/...-thing.html?m=1

This should clear up thing and hulks fights. He breaks down every match with scans and unbiased narrative

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 02:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Sin I AM

This should clear up thing and hulks fights. He breaks down every match with scans and unbiased narrative

What? That site is absolute shite.

The guy forces this ridiculous "middle ground fallacy" on every single matchup.

That, and his tally count is retarded smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 02:59 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by krisblaze
What? That site is absolute shite.

The guy forces this ridiculous "middle ground fallacy" on every single matchup.

That, and his tally count is retarded smile

Meh his summary seemed unbiased to me. Also he backed up his over view with scenes and context. I don't see your gripe

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 03:03 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That site is completely shit. The guy counts Captain Marvel KOing Earth-2 Superman when he was a lot weaker than real Superman as a win because apparently every superman in every reality has the same power level or some shit.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 03:09 PM
krisblaze

Meh his summary seemed unbiased to me. Also he backed up his over view with scenes and context. I don't see your gripe

He'll use SOME versions with different powersets, but not all.

He'll tally wins mid-fight if the opponent is knocked far enough away, even if the opponent can and does return immediately.

He'll tally some wins to character if they achieve their goal, even if said goal has nothing to do with winning the fight.

He accounts for characters holding back some of the time, but not all.

He'll tally wins against characters who are depowered.

He'll tally wins in cases where it's a team vs 1 character.

And through all of this he is generally inconsistent.

And like I said, you only think he's unbiased because he presents his argument as the middle ground between two extremes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 03:14 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

That site is completely shit. The guy counts Captain Marvel KOing Earth-2 Superman when he was a lot weaker than real Superman as a win because apparently every superman in every reality has the same power level or some shit.

Like i said in the hulk vs thing breakdowns, his summaries are unbiased and have backing. He even states how most "wins" in things favor are simply technicalities as he had help. Not seeing a gripe here.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 03:17 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Ben wins.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 05:15 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Like i said in the hulk vs thing breakdowns, his summaries are unbiased and have backing. He even states how most "wins" in things favor are simply technicalities as he had help. Not seeing a gripe here.

I've read that site, Thing's battles listed at wins should be stalemates for the most part.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 05:55 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote